Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Lifebar

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By wealllikepie

OK, so I managed to kill Phalanx and got all my  health back, but I died soon afterwards. When I went back to pick up my souls, my health didn't come back and I realized that I have to kill another boss to get it back again. Is the game supposed to be like that (meaning that you're supposed to keep going to half-health as a death penalty throughout the whole game), or is there some way to avoid this after you kill Phalanx. If any of you guys know, or if there's another such thread that was already posted here, could you help me out and answer me or direct me there? Thanks ^^

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By cstrang

Half-health is the penalty you're supposed to receive for dying.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995

You can use Stones of Ephemereal Eyes to get to Human Form; however, you take away more in Soul Form, and normally if you get killed in one hit in Soul Form, you would be fucked in Human Form anyway.

Also, health is for pussies.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dbz1995 said:
    "  Also, health is for pussies. "
    Video games in general, and particularly Demon's souls teach us this valuable lesson 
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akeldama

seek out the   Stones of Ephemereal Eyes. Use them only when you reeeeally need them. This early in the game, being in soul form isnt so bad.

radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By radium

While in soul form you have half-health(Unless you wear the cling ring then you have 75%), do more damage, take less damage, and you make less noise. In body form you have full health, take more damage, deal less damage, have both ring slots, can summon blue phantoms, and can be invaded. Overall soul form is better till you feel confident enough that you can defend yourself from black phantoms, though you get a good chunk of souls from bps.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai
    @addictedtopinescent said:
    " @dbz1995 said:
    "  Also, health is for pussies. "
    Video games in general, and particularly Demon's souls teach us this valuable lesson  "
    Save points are for pussies. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

Yupp, the epheremeal stones are what u need. Theres a surprising amount of them u can find but the majority are hidden. If ur online though you can count on other players leaving messages directing you to where they are.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Binman88

When you're in soul form you have the added benefit of being quieter don't you? I just see half-health as full-health instead.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By wealllikepie

thanks for all the help guys. also, while we're on the subject, i have to go to the mines after i finish the first half of the boletarian palace, right?

radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By radium
    @wealllikepie: You go there after the tower knight.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mordukai
    @Radium said:

" While in soul form you have half-health(Unless you wear the cling ring then you have 75%), do more damage, take less damage, and you make less noise. In body form you have full health, take more damage, deal less damage, have both ring slots, can summon blue phantoms, and can be invaded. Overall soul form is better till you feel confident enough that you can defend yourself from black phantoms, though you get a good chunk of souls from bps. "

I just looked at the Demon's Souls Wiki page (the official one) and it said nothing about dealing more damage while in soul form. The dealing more or less damage and lower or higher HP depends on the world tendency. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    @Mordukai:
    But indeed you do, I can't be bothered looking for any official proof. But yeah I know so from my experiences playing =P
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Radium said:
    " @wealllikepie: You go there after the tower knight. "
    Eh, that's not how I played it. I havn't beaten it yet, but I've beaten all of the first bosses at Palace, Mines, Tower.

Also, think of soul form as how the game is normally played, think of living form as a special buff.
    radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By radium
    @Mordukai: From experience I've found soul from to hit harder, and the wiki is good but it doesn't have every detail.

@CowMuffins: True enough you can finish world 5 first if you wish, but I always found the mines easier with the levels I got from the tower knight/dragon. It seemed easiest to go to the tower knight, then finish the whole mines, then finish the tower, swamp, and then finish the castle(If only because of the boss in 1-5).
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Radium: I just fear the bosses, and feel that the first boss of each level would be the easiest and then I would level up enough so the second boss would be easier.

Does the 6th rock thing ever become undestroyed?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee

@CowMuffins said:

" @Radium:  Does the 6th rock thing ever become undestroyed? "

I've been wondering that myself, I've complete the game 3 times now and I've never seen any indication of it being repaired. I'd expect it may become available through DLC, or its just one of demon's souls many secrets i haven't uncovered yet/

radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By radium
    @CowMuffins: Everyone and their brother thinks it will be dlc. For some reason I see them just leaving it broken, but we'll see. Must be nice, I was afraid of everything in that game; especially the giants in the swamp. What class are you? My temple knight looks tough, but usually dies in a few hits from anything(And that's wearing the second best armor).
    ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @Mordukai said:

I just looked at the Demon's Souls Wiki page (the official one) and it said nothing about dealing more damage while in soul form. The dealing more or less damage and lower or higher HP depends on the world tendency.  "
    Well you can get a ring from the monumental so you will do more damage as a phantom
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Radium: Priest. I picked up the armor with the pointy helmet(Can't think of the name, but it's the same gear the guy on the box cover has) and that's about the only thing different other than an upgraded mace and the flame shield thing. I havn't gotten very far though.
    radium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By radium
    @CowMuffins: Hmm that makes our characters about the same then. You must just be a better man(Lady?). I'm halfway through my 3rd play through, I've started just using magic on the bosses now, since fire storm is almost an instant kill on anything.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Turambar

Throw down a blue soul sign, join someone else's game, help him/her kill the boss, and get back your body.  Though I personally find soul form a more preferable method of fighting my way through stages (extra damage, cannot be invaded by a black phantom), and only pop a stone of ephemeral eyes on bosses. 

@Toxic said:

" @Mordukai said:

I just looked at the Demon's Souls Wiki page (the official one) and it said nothing about dealing more damage while in soul form. The dealing more or less damage and lower or higher HP depends on the world tendency.  "
    Well you can get a ring from the monumental so you will do more damage as a phantom "
    The Friendship ring is only for dealing more damage as a blue phantom when joining someone else's game.  If that fact about soul form is missing from the wiki, someone should probably go add it.
    RaidSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RaidSoft

My biggest reason (for now at least) for not using body form is that if you die your world tendency goes towards black, makes it very hard to get pure white tendency! That is my main reason for not fighting in body form at all for the moment, once I have gotten the pure white specific stuff then i'll probably go pure black and get those goodies and will start using body form more :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.