Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

My Demons Soul's journey continues (PART02)

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gamebite

So here i am again. Couple of bosses down and still rocking it. It's rare for me these days to play a game that makes me come back to it everyday. The last game that made me do that was World of Warcraft but that shouldn't be a surprise. I also understand now that those rumors surrounding this game are correct but at the same time wrong. I my personal opinion it's very simple. Compare this game to most games these days and yes this game is hard, but what if you look at it from a different angle, what 90% of the players do that play this game? Then you get a game that challenges you. It makes you learn things that you don't have to in other games. And i have an example to proof it!

When i started playing this game i have to be honest and say that i had a hard time adjusting to it. The first couple of bosses took me a while in the beginning, i was so happy when i killed them haha. But then one day i was showing this game to my uncle and because you can't copy your saved games i had to start a new game. What i noticed then was just ridiculous, i sort of rushed thru the parts i had some much trouble with. The thing is that i knew what to do, where to watch out for and how to approach enemies and bosses. When i got home i made a new character, this time only melee. It had the same outcome as before. It was an awesome moment to play like i did!

But there is still much to learn about Demons Soul's. This game is really really big with stuff that you should know and think about. I heard on videos & forums that ones you finish the game you can start a new game + and so on. Now what i am wondering is if you can keep playing on the same level as the first play through? What i am trying to say is: Do you have to play on new game + when you want a second go? If not can you still use your character or do you have to make a new one? I also heard that you can give the souls of the demon's you destroy to a blacksmith at the second stone. I have the flamelurker soul but i can't seem to give it to him.... What's up with that? I can't seem to figure it out.

There are couple of more things but that's not for this post. Don't want to bother you all with stuff i can't figure out. So i think this wraps up my second Demons soul's post, Check back later for my progression in this epic journey of death.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gamebite

So here i am again. Couple of bosses down and still rocking it. It's rare for me these days to play a game that makes me come back to it everyday. The last game that made me do that was World of Warcraft but that shouldn't be a surprise. I also understand now that those rumors surrounding this game are correct but at the same time wrong. I my personal opinion it's very simple. Compare this game to most games these days and yes this game is hard, but what if you look at it from a different angle, what 90% of the players do that play this game? Then you get a game that challenges you. It makes you learn things that you don't have to in other games. And i have an example to proof it!

When i started playing this game i have to be honest and say that i had a hard time adjusting to it. The first couple of bosses took me a while in the beginning, i was so happy when i killed them haha. But then one day i was showing this game to my uncle and because you can't copy your saved games i had to start a new game. What i noticed then was just ridiculous, i sort of rushed thru the parts i had some much trouble with. The thing is that i knew what to do, where to watch out for and how to approach enemies and bosses. When i got home i made a new character, this time only melee. It had the same outcome as before. It was an awesome moment to play like i did!

But there is still much to learn about Demons Soul's. This game is really really big with stuff that you should know and think about. I heard on videos & forums that ones you finish the game you can start a new game + and so on. Now what i am wondering is if you can keep playing on the same level as the first play through? What i am trying to say is: Do you have to play on new game + when you want a second go? If not can you still use your character or do you have to make a new one? I also heard that you can give the souls of the demon's you destroy to a blacksmith at the second stone. I have the flamelurker soul but i can't seem to give it to him.... What's up with that? I can't seem to figure it out.

There are couple of more things but that's not for this post. Don't want to bother you all with stuff i can't figure out. So i think this wraps up my second Demons soul's post, Check back later for my progression in this epic journey of death.

Duckchow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Duckchow

When you beat the game you start new game + with your current level, all your souls and pretty much all your items. You don't get to keep things like keys or other quest related items. The game also gets harder for each new game you start on that character, so if you want to play again on the same difficulty, you'll have to make a new character.

And you have to keep talking to Blacksmith Ed until he has nothing new to say and then you can give him the Red Hot soul. I think you also need to kill the spider boss before he'll take it, if you haven't done that yet.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeShawn2ks
    @Gamebite:  I salute you sir. I loved Demon Souls but man did it kick my a**.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

To give Ed the soul you just have to keep pressing "Talk" until he wont say anything new, then exit the window, and talk to him again.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gamebite

Thanks all for the reply's :D And that will be the first thing i try when i'm gonna play, keep on spamming talk.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HaniBall

The first new game is quite a bit harder. You will initially feel a little like you did when you started out. (unless you power leveled your character I guess ...) 
    It is very much worth doing and will hone your skills even more.
    If you aren't happy with your character, use ,Mephisto to delevel and build back up before starting that second playthrough.

Of course starting a new character is also fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.