Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

My Demons Soul's journey continues (PART03)

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gamebite

It's been a while since my last post. To be exact 6 months, wait what :O . Oh well never mind that, so i had a brake from Demon's Souls because of a couple of other games and one called Cataclysm. I think two weeks ago i booted Demon's Souls back on and started playing it all over again, i have to be honest and say that i used some help here and there for the new area's i didn't see last time, but then again i had to still get it right.

It was strange because the bosses I already cleared in my previous attempt were dropping like flies. It seemed that my brain was like "Oh wait I know how to do this", and to be honest i didn't mind that one bit because the new areas weren't that nice to me... Most of the deads were my fault with standing in a wrong place or being to careless at the time, But let me tell you after dieing couple of times you will know what to do so it's only positive!

There will be one moment that i will remember from this game and that's Old Monk. I knew that players could control him so you had to PvP, let me tell you that I'm not so good in PvP in any rpg! So i walk up to the tower and i almost shit my pants when i saw the blue text telling me that a player had invaded my game! There is no escaping it, thrust me i tried! I got my balls together and embraced my death + lost souls, i run up and i see this player riding the fog gate... If he wasn't all that smart i could kill him like that because you can hit him through the fog. But i walk in and notice that he didn't use any of the strategies from the Internet. In other words this probably was a fair fight and with pride i can say i killed him and received my trophy, YeY me :D

Were this all comes down to is this, I FINISHED THE GAME AND I AM REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT :D that was a crazy ride and loved it all the way! So what to do next? Make a new char and try to make him tha shit? or go one with new game+ ? I don't know, maybe you guys can give my some advice to what is the most fun and best to get the other trophies? 

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gamebite

It's been a while since my last post. To be exact 6 months, wait what :O . Oh well never mind that, so i had a brake from Demon's Souls because of a couple of other games and one called Cataclysm. I think two weeks ago i booted Demon's Souls back on and started playing it all over again, i have to be honest and say that i used some help here and there for the new area's i didn't see last time, but then again i had to still get it right.

It was strange because the bosses I already cleared in my previous attempt were dropping like flies. It seemed that my brain was like "Oh wait I know how to do this", and to be honest i didn't mind that one bit because the new areas weren't that nice to me... Most of the deads were my fault with standing in a wrong place or being to careless at the time, But let me tell you after dieing couple of times you will know what to do so it's only positive!

There will be one moment that i will remember from this game and that's Old Monk. I knew that players could control him so you had to PvP, let me tell you that I'm not so good in PvP in any rpg! So i walk up to the tower and i almost shit my pants when i saw the blue text telling me that a player had invaded my game! There is no escaping it, thrust me i tried! I got my balls together and embraced my death + lost souls, i run up and i see this player riding the fog gate... If he wasn't all that smart i could kill him like that because you can hit him through the fog. But i walk in and notice that he didn't use any of the strategies from the Internet. In other words this probably was a fair fight and with pride i can say i killed him and received my trophy, YeY me :D

Were this all comes down to is this, I FINISHED THE GAME AND I AM REALLY HAPPY ABOUT IT :D that was a crazy ride and loved it all the way! So what to do next? Make a new char and try to make him tha shit? or go one with new game+ ? I don't know, maybe you guys can give my some advice to what is the most fun and best to get the other trophies? 

Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
    Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

If you are going for trophies, then I would say, travel back in time to the point before you beat the game start ore mining.  The Pure Bladestone only comes from the black skeleton behind the hidden door in 4-2, and I think it is a rare drop from a gecko.  This skeleton is major bitch when you aren't high enough level.  To get the stone I leveled up to the point where I could kill him really quickly, and then killed him over and over and over and over again until he dropped it.  It is because of this repetition that you want to power level.  If the fight took even 5 minutes, then it would have taken forever to get him to drop it.  I would say to get to the end of your 2nd or 3rd play through, and level yourself to the point where you can take him down extremely fast.  Unplug your internet connection, get world 4 to pure black world tendency, and just go for it.  While doing this you might as well get world 5 to pure black as well and start farming for Marrow stone.  One of the miracles costs 3 colorless souls, so also besure to get those souls while it is pure black.  

It takes a min of 3+ play throughs on one save to get platinum.  This is because 1 or 2 Demon souls have 4 things you could do with it, and you need to do everything with it to get the all weapons and all magic trophy.  Your second play through will have a huge difficulty bump, but the increase on your 3rd and 4th will be very small.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gamebite

Cool tnx for the quick reaction! So what would be a good soul level to end your first, second and third play through? Or do i have to get as high as possible? if so doesn't this have any side effects, i mean like does the game scale on your soul level or can you like over level for a boss on let's say your second play through?    

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By doejonathan

Like the previous poster mentioned, the Pure Bladestone will be the bottleneck trophy on your way to platinum. I will not disclose how much time it took me to grind that thing as I'm rather ashamed of it, but with a rumored 0.5% drop rate, alI can say luck wasn't on my side.  The best way to deal with the Black Dual Katana skeleton in pure black is to get the Soul Sucker spell available in new game+ (after rescuing the witch in 1-3 or 4). 

The world doesn't scale to your level so you can become too powerful for your own liking, which can be countered by de-leveling via soulsucking (either a friend or King Allant). People have finished the game at SL 1, so there isn't really an optimal level, other than what feels like a good challenge to you.  
    I would like to point out most PvP players stick to around 120, so keep that in mind if you want the added tension of being invaded at random (I'm at 200 and there isn't a lot going on sadly). 
    You could also opt to create a new character to get all the miracles to add some variety/different playstyle (all magic spells will still require multiple playthroughs so you might want to do that on your main).  

Most importantly, have fun with the game. And check out  http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ when you're planning on getting the Platinum trophy. And congratulations on sticking with it and beating one of the few early masterpieces in video game history.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.