Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Northern Land DLC ?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

So everybody knows about the sixth archstone, which is destroyed. When the monumental tells you the story of Boletaria, she mentions last the "Giants in the Northern  Land". The image shown parallel to her words is the carving on the destroyed archstone. I don't know why Atlus would have come up with all of this if they had no intentions whatsoever to take it somewhere. So, is some sixth archstone DLC possible? I think so, and I hope. Thoughts?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

dunno but there was an article on joystiq about them talking about a potential sequel.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

It's in the Asian version aswell though I think. Not sure if it was Atlus themselves.

freaksaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freaksaus

There's been speculation about this ever since the game was released. I hope there actually will be some DLC though, just wondering how they will tie it in to the storyline.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laticsfan

There's a strong possiblity for DLC, but to go in another direction maybe they oriiginally meant to put it in the game. And either pulled it back out or didn't have the time/resources to complete it.

jamescheong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jamescheong

I doubt a DLC - there's a concept art piece that shows like a million people streaming into the northern lands, with a bunch of the giants fighting them. The whole place was probably destroyed story-wise.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Slippy

I think it could be equally daring for them to leave it like it is - place got destroyed, do we need back story or DLC to fill us in? Leave it up to our imaginations.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FunExplosions
    @AuthenticM:
    Just beat the game and am now wondering this exact thing. Anyone have any updates on what's goin on with that stone? And I do realize this thread is 4 months old.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By animateria
    @FunExplosions: 
    Mending the world never ends...

Hopefully, we'll mend it some more if this is indeed DLC but it's been a pretty long time since the original came out. They would have mentioned something by now.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FunExplosions
    @animateria: Dammit. I bought this game a couple weeks ago and have already clocked in about the same amount of hours I spent in Borderlands, if not more. I'm pumped to start up a new character. But that damn stone... It makes me wonder if just too few people played this game.
    Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@FunExplosions: From what I've read it seems to haev sold far above expectations. Sony mentioned they regret dropping it as a first party title in NA. 

So hopefully they are working on it.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By yyZiggurat

I think a sequel is more likely.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

what really??
    that's is awesome!!!

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunExplosions
    @AuthenticM:@trophyhunter:@HomemadeZiggurat:@InfiniteStateMachine:@animateria: 
    I've figured it out! I'm a geeenius. When I started another playthrough, I listened to the Candle Maiden. She says, "This is the Nexus, it holds together the Northern Lands of Boletaria." It appears we cannot travel there, because we are there. And I also noticed that the huge battleground shown in the opening movie is oddly reminiscent of where you meet the Old One. So, apparently, this is a case of the developers thinking we'd be smarter than we are. Oh well, at least it's not bugging me anymore.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By animateria
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @AuthenticM:@trophyhunter:@HomemadeZiggurat:@InfiniteStateMachine:@animateria:  I've figured it out! I'm a geeenius. When I started another playthrough, I listened to the Candle Maiden. She says, "This is the Nexus, it holds together the Northern Lands of Boletaria." It appears we cannot travel there, because we are there. And I also noticed that the huge battleground shown in the opening movie is oddly reminiscent of where you meet the Old One. So, apparently, this is a case of the developers thinking we'd be smarter than we are. Oh well, at least it's not bugging me anymore. "
    That makes sense, we are trapped there so the exit must be busted up.
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FunExplosions: For serious? 

man I have to go and start a new game
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FunExplosions
    @InfiniteStateMachine: Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this revelation. Just another of the many awesome secrets this game holds. ...Whether intentional or not.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy

The monumental is actually male. Wait actually I don't know now.. :P 

Yeah I would freaking love to see some DLC for Demon's Souls. Putting that extra stone there for the Northern Lands was such a tease.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AuthenticM
    @FunExplosions said:
    " I've figured it out! I'm a geeenius. When I started another playthrough, I listened to the Candle Maiden. She says, "This is the Nexus, it holds together the Northern Lands of Boletaria." It appears we cannot travel there, because we are there. And I also noticed that the huge battleground shown in the opening movie is oddly reminiscent of where you meet the Old One. So, apparently, this is a case of the developers thinking we'd be smarter than we are. Oh well, at least it's not bugging me anymore. "
    What? I don't get it.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FunExplosions
    @xyzygy: You should read my post above, I think the developers actually tried to seal the game up as well as possible.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy
    @FunExplosions: I read it and like AuthenticM, I don't get it :(
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By neoepoch
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @AuthenticM:@trophyhunter:@HomemadeZiggurat:@InfiniteStateMachine:@animateria:  I've figured it out! I'm a geeenius. When I started another playthrough, I listened to the Candle Maiden. She says, "This is the Nexus, it holds together the Northern Lands of Boletaria." It appears we cannot travel there, because we are there. And I also noticed that the huge battleground shown in the opening movie is oddly reminiscent of where you meet the Old One. So, apparently, this is a case of the developers thinking we'd be smarter than we are. Oh well, at least it's not bugging me anymore. "
    No. You are in Boletaria. They say you are in Northern Boletaria, but that isn't the same as the Norther Lands where the Giants reside. Anyway, I think they say they destroyed the Archstone, because it was the first place to fall after the Old One was released, and it was so overrun with demons that they decided they had to seal the archstone to prevent them from actually coming to the Nexus.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AuthenticM
    @neoepoch said:
    " No. You are in Boletaria. They say you are in Northern Boletaria, but that isn't the same as the Norther Lands where the Giants reside. Anyway, I think they say they destroyed the Archstone, because it was the first place to fall after the Old One was released, and it was so overrun with demons that they decided they had to seal the archstone to prevent them from actually coming to the Nexus. "
    Where did you hear that? I don't recall ever coming across any info concerning the Northern Lands.
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By neoepoch
    @AuthenticM:
    This is taken from the Demon's Souls Wiki.
    "The Northern Lands were once home to the race of mighty giants. They lived in relative peace with the rest of Boletaria, until the thick, colorless fog swept in and blanketed their domain. The Northern Lands were the first to succumb to the spread of Demons, and in an effort to contain the madness, Boletaria sent hundreds of thousands of its finest knights to the great kingdom to fend off the threat. The effort was for naught, and the Archstone connecting to this land was later destroyed as a last-ditch attempt to contain the chaos. It did not succeed." 
    I believe this history is from the Japanese site or manual or something. I also believe the Maiden in Black, Monumental, or someone (I don't remember, it had been a while) said something about the Northern lands.

Demon's Souls has a cool back story and setting, but the problem is it doesn't tell it in the game.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FunExplosions
    @neoepoch: That seems to make sense too, but even though it sounds realistic enough... it is from the wiki. Some kid might have just felt that it sounded cool and wanted to contribute some fan fiction. I'm really leaning towards my theory, though. I mean, she does say the Northern Lands of Boletaria. I don't think there were any actual subtitles during that scene, though. It's all about the punctuation.
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just hope the truth leads to more DLC...

Man I remember saying I would never buy DLC, I guess I just never expected to be so crack-addicted to a game in this day and age :x

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By neoepoch
    @FunExplosions said:

" @neoepoch: That seems to make sense too, but even though it sounds realistic enough... it is from the wiki. Some kid might have just felt that it sounded cool and wanted to contribute some fan fiction. I'm really leaning towards my theory, though. I mean, she does say the Northern Lands of Boletaria. I don't think there were any actual subtitles during that scene, though. It's all about the punctuation. "

Well it isn't fan fiction, since I'm pretty sure it is taken from the Japanese walkthrough site, and so far the majority of the website is very accurate about the game. The Wiki is a guide for the game. But the game even says that the Northern Lands are inhabited by the Giants. If you listen to the Monumental's speech after you kill the first demon, he tells you a snippet about the archstones. 
    The Monumental
    Skip to 2:57 and he speaks about the Great Giants of the Northern Lands.
    Just because you are in the northern land of Boletaria, does not mean it is in the Northern Lands. The first archstone he talks about is Boletaria's archstone. Being the northern land of Boletaria also implies that Boletaria is just in the North, as seen by the extreme variation of people's skin tone from their respective regions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.