Plain ol' wooden catalyst location?

#1 Posted by Wii60BigScreenGamer (30 posts) -

i'm about 10 hours in and my character didn't start the game with a catalyst... but now that magic is available to me, i'd like to use spells, but i can't find just your basic wooden catalyst to start out with, and i'd really rather not start completely over to change my class to get one.... the guy that sells spells in the Nexus doesn't sell catalysts. is there a merchant somewhere i can pick one up from or do i have to wait for a lucky drop from a dead mage?? any help would be great... i spent about 150 hours loving Dark Souls, and used the hell outta some pyromancy, and i just wanna set dudes on fire in this "souls" game too!! thanks!

#2 Posted by Ghost249 (250 posts) -

@Wii60BigScreenGamer: you can find a catalyst on top of the checkpoints of the three sections that the big flying red dragon breaths its fires on

#3 Posted by AntoineDiamonds (78 posts) -

top of first tower when first starting 1-2..you can just do 3-1 and you'll get the silver one

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.