Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Pure Bladestone

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I need a favor. Does anyone have a spare Pure Bladestone in their inventory? I need one to make the corresponding trophy.

My dude is currently at SL 161, so if anyone is between 141-181 (inclusive) and don't mind parting with a PBS, would you kindly ping me?

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By INV2

I killed that dual wielding skeleton for HOURS----
    on the Japanese version, so I can't help you I reckon.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just looked and I don't. Nice thing with Demon's Souls is logging in and seeing "Your message has been recommended!" (the message being "Don't bother with nothing) Assholes that play Dark Souls never recommend anything. I mean Dark Souls is the better game but maybe there's something to this communal love for the original; now to fight Flamelurker on NG+X (5? 6? no clue) and die (haven't fought him in a few years) or complete the run having stayed in human form the whole time. Oh but the colorless demon's souls! The souls!

Edit: Totally beat Flamelurker on the first try. Nevermind that I was using the best shield in the game, that's of no consequence!

RockstarRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RockstarRunner

That's the one you have 1 in 1000 drop rate from those dual wielding black knight skeletons in pure black world tendancy, right? You see some sorry tales of people trying to get that... I only ever got one, after trying on and off for ages, and then nearly got killed before closing the loot window (was so stunned it dropped I forgot the flying manta ray things and got speared to a hair of my life). Maybe some duper can help you out, but I can't bring my self to dupe or try for another one.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

@white: Why did you level up that high? Damn Good luck. Looks like you're in for quite a bit of grinding.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: I think people don't recommend messages in Dark Souls is because 1: Up front it seems like you need the soapstone, 2: Even though you can use select/back/whatever, it never tells you. Had to tell my friend that you could rate them without the stone, and I only found out due to some random comment in a thread or chat here.

As for the topic, god, getting one of those sounds like a terrible time.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By plaintomato

Yeah, nobody bothers to carry around orange soap just to rate messages. Nobody bothers to carry an indictment either, which really killed the Darkmoon Blade covenant. Sounds like they're eliminating that stuff for Dark Souls 2 though. Yay.

Anyway, as for the PBS, I have an Asian server SL110 or 115 with a PBS if anybody needs one on the Asian version.

And I have an SL141 on the NA server that doesn't have a PBS, but could transfer a PBS from a SL120 to your 161, if you find a 120 that's willing. I'd like a PBS for that build anyway. Part of your problem is that you leveled so high. Most don't go over 125 and I think 141 or 143 or something is as high as you could go and still be w/in range of 120.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

Well, I was actually at SL120+. Then I got frustrated with the lack of PBS I just duped a bunch of souls and fed them all to Luck. Now I have like 40+ luck, and I'm not even sure if that affects the drop rate.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By nightriff

Well looks like I'll never get the Sharp Winged Spear fully upgraded. Oh well. Move onto Dark Souls.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BlackLagoon

@white: AFAIK, it doesn't, sadly. Drop rate apparently only affects the chance of regular enemies dropping something, it does not affect phantoms which are already guaranteed to drop something, nor does it increase the chance of a rare drop.

I've been playing the game alongside Brad, hoping to get the platinum. The Pure Bladestone it a real show stopper though. Still, I'll probably try farming it for a bit when I get to that point... Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@plaintomato: Darkmoon Blade works and indictments sort of work. Of course people carry around the Orange Soapstone, there's no limit to how much shit you can carry.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, nobody bothers to carry around orange soap just to rate messages. Nobody bothers to carry an indictment either, which really killed the Darkmoon Blade covenant. Sounds like they're eliminating that stuff for Dark Souls 2 though. Yay.

Anyway, as for the PBS, I have an Asian server SL110 or 115 with a PBS if anybody needs one on the Asian version.

And I have an SL141 on the NA server that doesn't have a PBS, but could transfer a PBS from a SL120 to your 161, if you find a 120 that's willing. I'd like a PBS for that build anyway. Part of your problem is that you leveled so high. Most don't go over 125 and I think 141 or 143 or something is as high as you could go and still be w/in range of 120.

God, where were you months ago when I was grinding for hours and hours to get that stupid thing...

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By plaintomato

Okay, for anyone who stumbles across this thread here's the real way to grind for PBS:

1. Level to between 100 and 140, dupe some Stones of Ephemeral Eyes if you need to, and go to a multiplayer hot spot during prime-time hours to be invaded.
    2. Message everyone you meet: "have purebladestone?". Also message blue sign people while you are waiting for invasions.
    3. You'll have a purebladestone within an hour or two instead of days and days of endless grinding.

The Souls community is awesome. They love to troll and kill you, but they'll help you in a heartbeat. You don't have to win, you can just practice dying less easily if that's your skill set, but you will have PBS in no time and you won't be near as bored as killing that stupid black skeleton a million times. Plus your friends list will grow if you want it to. Thank me later.

This also works in Demon's and Dark for getting help with a boss you can't find summons for...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.