Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Region question

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

Did Atlus ever mentioned that their servers will be linked to the servers used by the Japanese/HK/Korean/not-NA version of the game, or are they just linked from the get go? Like, can I play with someone who has bought the Japanese version of the game with a NA copy?

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By yyZiggurat

They made a separate NA server.  I don't know what you mean by "linked."

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By white
    @HomemadeZiggurat: Well what I meant by "linked" is that do the servers communicate with each other, thus allowing NA players to play with the Japanese (or those who had bought the Japanese copy of the game). Or are those 2 "discs" totally separate from each other (thus not allowing a guy with the R1 copy to play with the guy with the R3 copy).
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turambar

The servers are completely separate as far as I'm aware. 

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By white

Bummer then lol =/

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vitor

I have the Asian version and live in Europe - some PVP matches can be near unplayable due to lag which results in cheap hits/backstabs and a lack of skill in deciding the victor. Couldn't wait to get the game so did not even contemplate leaving it until From Software finally found a publisher here. I just wish that the game would read your PS3 settings, realise you weren't in one location and just link you to the nearest server - pretty sure the US ones would be better for me.

After putting 40+ hours into my character, it's very unlikely I'll repurchase the game when it is released here... Although the guidebook/soundtrack special edition combo does make it tempting

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.