Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Rumour: Demon's Souls 2 listed for PS4

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

.. Two years later, From Software developed a spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls: Dark Souls. This time the IP was not in Sony’s hands and the title was released for Playstation 3 andXbox 360.

Now, the name of Demon’s Souls is appearing all over the internet.

This week, CDON, a Swedish retail store, listed the sequel of Demon’s Souls for Playstation 4. ..

No Caption Provided

vgleaks: Rumor: Demon’s Souls 2 listed for Playstation 4

It'd be interesting to see what Demon Souls 2 would be. Dark Souls 2 seems to be going slightly more mainstream, yet still going for that hard-to-play vibe.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

There will never be a Demon's Souls 2.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb

I doubt it. These projects are too big and resourceintensive for From to make two simultaneously. Besides, they have tasted some serious multiplatform money with Dark Souls, unless Sony coughs up a lot of dough, I doubt they would want to make an exclusive at all.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's more likely that they fucked up and Wrote Demon's Souls 2 instead of Dark Souls 2.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Why would they try to make a second game that isn't even made by the original company?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That must be a mistake ...right?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeJerk

This is ancient and nothing but a store listing something early. It happens a bunch, it drives their traffic, it lets visitors see the deals they have in sidebars, it makes them money.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to believe that a european retailer has listed a product which doesn't exist purely to drive traffic to their online store. That never, ever happens.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@tobbrobb said:

I doubt it. These projects are too big and resourceintensive for From to make two simultaneously. Besides, they have tasted some serious multiplatform money with Dark Souls, unless Sony coughs up a lot of dough, I doubt they would want to make an exclusive at all.

You're right about the resource intensive part and it would seem odd two have two teams making two games that are so fundamentally similar, but From does have multiple teams and they are not afraid of making exclusive games (Steel Battalion, 3D dot Game Heroes, Ninja Blade). And with the success of Dark Souls, it would make sense that Sony may want to revisit that franchise so that they can offer an exclusive experience.

I suppose the thing that makes me lean more towards this being likely is that Dark Souls 2 hasn't been announced for the next gen platforms. Seeing as how From is putting more effort into making the PC version of DS2 much better than PC port of the first game, it seems like it would be pretty simple to put them on the supposedly 'easy to develop for' next gen platforms

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Hmm, having a next-gen Souls game be exclusive to the PS4 would be good for Sony.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Demon's Souls continues to be best name any game has had, ever.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shinjin977

Hidetaka Miyazaki (Demon soul's original director) i not involve at all with dark soul 2. Last I heard, he was working on something else. IF this is true, this might be why.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

If this were to turn up true, it'd be pretty interesting if they would then try to differentiate the two franchises from one another. Like, keeping Demon's Souls 2 with the HUB world setup for starters, as opposed to the open-world design of Dark Souls.

Still, this whole thing seems pretty unlikely and as others have said it most likely an intentional 'mistake' to get dose clicks. Plus who would even be working on it? I obviously have no idea how they run things over there, but the original Demon's/Dark souls guy is supposed to be off making a new IP or whatever, and of course I'm sure Dark Souls 2 otherwise has the rest of their attention.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By xymox

It's probably a mistake. They're also listing a new Contra for the 3DS (which would be awesome) and Shin Megami Tensei V. Which, yeah, spoilers guys, there's probably going to be a Shin Megami Tensei V.

If not a mistake, it seems kind of shady that you can pay them money for unannounced games ...

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@tobbrobb said:

I doubt it. These projects are too big and resourceintensive for From to make two simultaneously.

From Software released (in Japan) five games within five months in 2009, which included 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls, and Ninja Blade. In 2006, they released six games within a year, including Enchanted Arms, Chromehounds, and Armored Core 4.

If anything, they are one of the few studios that can pull off multiple games with no problem. Now, if we're going to talk about GOOD games (which is obviously a matter of opinion, I know people that will defend the hell out of Enchanted Arms and Chromehounds), that could be a slightly different story. I mean, they released three games within 2012 alone: Armored Core V (which was EXCELLENT), Mobile Gundam Suit Unicorn (also EXCELLENT), and Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (which we all know is a video game abortion on plastic).

They could easily be doing Dark Souls 2 AND Demon's Souls 2, especially since they made all that multiplatform money as well as the bank they make over in Japan. With their popularity rising in the States (FINALLY...and it's for more than just Armored Core) and the current momentum behind the PlayStation 4, it would be stupid for them to NOT be working on Demon's Souls 2 honestly.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I don't have too much Dark/Demon Souls experience, but wouldn't this be largely redundant? How different are Dark Souls and Demon Souls from each other?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee
    @daneian said:

I don't have too much Dark/Demon Souls experience, but wouldn't this be largely redundant? How different are Dark Souls and Demon Souls from each other?

For all intents and purposes, Dark Souls was a sequel to Demon's Souls. They had different systems in play, but were otherwise extremely similar. The most striking difference between them is Demon's Souls has a HUB world that would instantly take you to the 5 different levels, whereas Dark Souls is an open-world game.

Though again, if they really do intend to turn Demon's Souls into a separate series, it would be interesting to see just how they'll go about differentiating the two.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

they wrote Demon's Souls 2 instead of Dark Souls 2.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aetheldod

Well if it truns out to be true I see no problem with that , but as many have already stated , this must be a typo and most be Dark Souls 2 for Ps4 .... I mean they already pushed the game til 2014 , I see no reason for them to not go next gen (if they are doing a PC version anyway)....

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrfluke

id love to get a souls game on ps4,

for what its worth, the head guy from dark souls isn't doing dark souls 2.

so this could be that guys new game.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DEMONS SOULS 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.