Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Scraping spear vs human players

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Has anyone tried the scraping spear on a human player (i.e., black phantom invader)?

Depth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Depth

Messes up someones armor pretty quick giving them a huge repair bill, really annoying.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By yyZiggurat

I've read that its essential if you're planning on pvp along with the Anti-Magic Field spell.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Depth said:
    " Messes up someones armor pretty quick giving them a huge repair bill, really annoying. "
    Just few minutes ago, I used it on a black phantom.  I noticed that you can't use turpentine or sticky stuff on it.  I wonder if it ruins the shield.  I was turtling and giving him friendly nudges.  His shield wasn't 100% resistant against physical attacks so eventually he started rolling around.  The fight was over in a matter of seconds.  BTW, I wear the gloom armour to spook people a bit. :D
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @HomemadeZiggurat said:
    " I've read that its essential if you're planning on pvp along with the Anti-Magic Field spell. "
    I'm definitely getting the anti-magic field (I'm still on my first playthrough). 

I think the gloom armour helps in the psychological warfare department. :D  When I walk around with the meat clever (takes out silver skeletons in one hit and sends them flying, at least in the first playthrough), I scare myself.
    richtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By richtm
    @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @Depth said:
     I wonder if it ruins the shield. 

From my experience with the NPC black phantom in 1-3 (1-4?) I can tell you that it definitely does.  If you look carefully one uses a scraping spear.  I blocked it twice and that alone gave my shield a moderate repair bill.  You might have actually started to break that guys shield when he started rolling around like crazy.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @richtm: I went through two shields taking down that guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.