Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

So I beat the game and the final boss....... *spoilers

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tbone81889

Sucks. Big time.  Its really difficult for me to express how much I disdain that boss, but what a horrible way to end the game.  Anyone else disappointed by the end boss?  I feel like it was one of the worst in gaming history.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By neoepoch

The end boss was definitely way too easy. I think they just wanted to give you a break or something at the end of the game? Or they didn't want you to lose the bazillions of souls you got from the last boss you fought but couldn't spend cause you couldn't use the maiden in black. I dunno. But it was ridiculously easy.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce
    @tbone81889 said:

"   I feel like it was one of the worst in gaming history. "

Slow down homie..

It sucked (though the last boss was supposed to send a message, not give you a challenge) but chill. Atleast you get a kickass sword at the end.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By killroycantkill

I always thought as the False King in 1-4 to be the final boss, and the last guy to be some for of stepping stone. Though I would suggest to go through it again and do the bad ending because that totally makes up for the last guy. So badass.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

He was easy, but he was more as just an ending step to the finish of the story, more than acting as the final challenge to overcome.
    Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Chojin

I loved the ending. You were never supposed to actually kill the old one but help The Maiden in Black to lull him back to slumber. I thought of the ending as a playable cut scene where you finally got to help her do this, or betray her and join him. Knowing that he`s only sleeping and that he can return at any time, is also much more powerful I think.  

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karkarov

The last boss is not meant to be hard (thought if you F off and stand near him he will attack and he hits like a mac truck) but he is meant to pass along a message or perhaps teach a lesson.  He is a "showcase" fight and honestly From Software is sort of well known for this if you play their RPG's.  Outside of the first 3 King's Fields (there were 4 total) every one of their RPG's has ended with this kind of boss encounter.  That is for the record, King's Field 4, both of the two Shadow Tower games, Ever Grace, and Eternal Ring.  So if you are a fan of From's RPG's (aka me) you sort of saw this coming anyway.  Just enjoy the moral lesson bub and be happy you didn't have to spend hours learning a new stupid hard boss or 10 minutes letting youtube or a wiki do the work for you.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By owl_of_minerva

The true endboss is not necessarily the person you fight last; I thought the Maiden and the False King provide pretty creditable challenge as bosses near the end, and the latter would be the true end boss imo. The freakish thing you mercifully dispatch is a poignant moment in terms of how far the kingdom has fallen from what it was, and provided an opportunity for the game to tie the player's actions and narrative in a satisfying way (the stuff with the Black Maiden). I thought it was an effective moment artistically and gameplay-wise.
    I didn't really have many complaints about the game, except for a few minor ones with the way the online play is structured.

JadeTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JadeTempest

I consider the end boss to be False King Allant, not the creepy crawly in the old one.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy
    @JadeTempest said:
    " I consider the end boss to be False King Allant, not the creepy crawly in the old one. "
    ReTarDedFisHy thinks the same. The horrible manifestation rolling around in front of the fog gate hardly qualifies as a boss in Demon's Souls anyway. It was most likely used for plot development and to raise the question of "Are you a good guy or a bad guy?" towards the player, taking into consideration the fact that the choice of killing the Black Maiden comes next. 
    But also, ReTarDedFisHy somewhat agrees with you; the fact that the last thing you actually kill wasn't a great mountain or planet saddened the FisHy a little bit.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpiralStairs

Seeing the old king writhing around on the ground freaked me out. But I still beat the hell out of him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.