Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

So I just beat the game

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I finally have beaten Demon's Souls, at first, I was happy. But then I started new game +, and you know what happened? I lost 300,000 souls in 1-1. And to top it off, I lost these souls trying to get the colorless soul near Miralda. So no, I didn't get beaten by enemies. Twice..in a row, I fell off the beams.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

oh man.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By mazik765

I want to try out this game sometime but I feel like it would end up with my breaking something :/

Grats on beating it though :)

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By nicolenomicon

Oh so that's what's on those beams. I was trying for a full five minutes for that and just gave up.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lemoncookie01

What ending did you choose?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
    @Lemoncookie01 said:

" What ending did you choose? "

The good ending.
    @SL33TBL1ND said:
    " Oh so that's what's on those beams. I was trying for a full five minutes for that and just gave up. "

Yeah. Well at least I got it! I just died getting down. Then I died trying to get to my blood stain again. I'm pretty angry at losing 300k souls.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thehexeditor

My mind converts the ocular viewing of 'playing Demon's Souls' to 'pounding nails into my dick'

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By obcdexter
    @thehexeditor said:
    " My mind converts the ocular viewing of 'playing Demon's Souls' to 'pounding nails into my dick' "
    The one thing probably being the most horribly painful experience a man could ever think of, the other: pounding nails into your dick.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @obcdexter said:
    " @thehexeditor said:
    " My mind converts the ocular viewing of 'playing Demon's Souls' to 'pounding nails into my dick' "
    The one thing probably being the most horribly painful experience a man could ever think of, the other: pounding nails into your dick. "
    It's not that bad..
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor
    @CL60: True, once you get past the sharp pain from the rustiness of the nail your adrenaline kicks in and pounding the rest into your schlong becomes only excruciatingly painful instead of shock-inducing painful
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still want to go back and finish Demon's Souls...

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By apathylad

Since my dude takes a step forward when attacking, I've fallen of ledges accidentally. This is especially true when I am locked on a flying enemy. 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@CL60 said:
    " @obcdexter said:
    " @thehexeditor said:
    The one thing probably being the most horribly painful experience a man could ever think of, the other: pounding nails into your dick. "
    It's not that bad.. "
    Yeah, I got it about 3 weeks ago and played through it in ~30 hours with no problems, I was expecting to rage as much as I do on FPS multiplayer.  I never raged once.  Also, sucks that you lost that many souls, I would rage then.  I missed that colorless Demon's Soul my first play through though, so that sucked :(
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CL60
    @xobballox said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @obcdexter said:
    " @thehexeditor said:
    It's not that bad.. "
    Yeah, I got it about 3 weeks ago and played through it in ~30 hours with no problems, I was expecting to rage as much as I do on FPS multiplayer.  I never raged once.  Also, sucks that you lost that many souls, I would rage then.  I missed that colorless Demon's Soul my first play through though, so that sucked :( "
    Yeah. I raged pretty hard when I lost all those souls.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

cool

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By animateria

NG+ is pretty nail bitingly hard. 

Not that it's impossible... I'm just stalling around where I need to fight the false king. Hate that guy.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallen189

Welcome to Demon's Souls.

I've lost upwards of 650k. You just need to deal with it.

What build are you playing?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CL60
    @Fallen189 said:
    " Welcome to Demon's Souls.  I've lost upwards of 650k. You just need to deal with it.  What build are you playing? "
    DBS Build.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nasos100
    @CL60: what build is that?
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpiralStairs

Beat world 4, and 300k will seem like nothing to you. That place is amazing for grinding.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CL60
    @Nasos100 said:
    " @CL60: what build is that? "
    Dragonbone Smasher Build.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallen189
    @CL60 said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " Welcome to Demon's Souls.  I've lost upwards of 650k. You just need to deal with it.  What build are you playing? "
    DBS Build. "
    Thats my build too, so good. All you need to worry about is using little armor so you can dodge really. It's much harder as a mage, cause the spells you fight Allant with carry over, so you're roasted until you can make it to 3-2 (IIRC).

What kind of armor/ringset are you using ?
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FunExplosions
    @CL60 said:

" @Lemoncookie01 said:

The good ending.
    @SL33TBL1ND said:
    " Oh so that's what's on those beams. I was trying for a full five minutes for that and just gave up. "
    Yeah. Well at least I got it! I just died getting down. Then I died trying to get to my blood stain again. I'm pretty angry at losing 300k souls. "
    I managed to do it flawlessly my first time. Not because I'm good, but because there happened to be about 4 different markers laid down that said, "Take a step forward," all in the right spots. The last drop was the trickiest. It wasn't until my fourth-or-so time through (not new game++++, just 4 different characters/playthroughs) that I died twice on it. I also had a lot of souls. Sucks. The worst part is when you get down there and realize you don't have enough room for the Brushwood armor, so you have to drop about a hundred grasses and other miscellaneous crap. Well, unless you have the Ring of Herculean Strength.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm gonna be recording myself trying to beat the game without any upgrades or leveling up in about two weeks. If you really wanna see some frustration, check that out. (Sorry about the shameless plug)
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nasos100

i have bought demon's souls but im at a loss at this game. I started a character the strategy guide suggested ( royalty ) but im at a huge loss. I managed to beat 2 worlds but im always at a loss. At which world should i go? what weapons should i use? is my level ok? where the fuck do i spend my stats. I was playing royalty in 4-1 and i killed everything with 2 spells. Then i relaized i was doing huge melee damage aswell. But then i died in like 2 hits.
    I deleted that character and i want to start fresh this time. Thinking of going templar knight. Hopefully it will be better this time. Any advice concerning the game is welcome. The guild in the EU edition is shit, no offense to the guys that wrote it. It pretty much is a base of a guild but with no help in it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#25  Edited By Icemael

Why would you start another playthrough?

I'm serious. As I've understood it, the only thing that's different in New Game+ is that the enemies' stats are higher, and since virtually all enemies killed you (well, at least me) with no more than (but often less than) 2 hits, the only real difference is that they take longer to kill. The sense of exploration and discovery is gone since you've already been there and done that, and you can never again experience the satisfaction of finally coming up with a strategy to get past that one fucking part you just kept dying on. 

So why?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @Lemoncookie01 said:

The good ending.
    @SL33TBL1ND said:
    Yeah. Well at least I got it! I just died getting down. Then I died trying to get to my blood stain again. I'm pretty angry at losing 300k souls. "
    I managed to do it flawlessly my first time. Not because I'm good, but because there happened to be about 4 different markers laid down that said, "Take a step forward," all in the right spots. The last drop was the trickiest. It wasn't until my fourth-or-so time through (not new game++++, just 4 different characters/playthroughs) that I died twice on it. I also had a lot of souls. Sucks. The worst part is when you get down there and realize you don't have enough room for the Brushwood armor, so you have to drop about a hundred grasses and other miscellaneous crap. Well, unless you have the Ring of Herculean Strength. "
    Yeah, the first time I died it was on the last jump, after I got the soul. Second time I died on the first jump, even though I've never died at that jump before.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nasos100
    @CL60: can you please explain this build?
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fallen189
    @Nasos100 said:
    " @CL60: can you please explain this build? "
    Strength based all or nothing build, in a way. I play it like a hyper mode mage (using several items that boost your attack a LOT when you're under 30%HP). It's a melee focused 2handed sword build. You usually roll with strength and stamina in equal levels, little to no armor (Black armor/Assasins armor preferred due to extremely low weight) and a ring of double equip hold. It's risky, but incredibly strong.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Icemael said:
    " Why would you start another playthrough?

I'm serious. As I've understood it, the only thing that's different in New Game+ is that the enemies' stats are higher, and since virtually all enemies killed you (well, at least me) with no more than (but often less than) 2 hits, the only real difference is that they take longer to kill. The sense of exploration and discovery is gone since you've already been there and done that, and you can never again experience the satisfaction of finally coming up with a strategy to get past that one fucking part you just kept dying on.  So why? "
    The satisfaction of beating even harderenemies. And actually, the game has some weaknesses in some of the bosses that you might never find out about, were you to never try to beat them under such unfair odds.

I agree, though, that after New Game+ is over, there's no reason to continue. The enemies only get 8% more difficult each time after that, and the only thing you can really seek to obtain is a place in the leaderboards (unlikely at this point).

For me, though, the reason I ventured into New Game++++ was to level up my character. I know, pointless. But the MMO-urge called to me. That too, though, is useless beyond a certain point. At about soul level 200, it takes a whole playthrough to level up about 2-4 times, and quickly plummets from there. The only way to level up to 720 (or whatever the cap is) within your lifetime would be to use the good-ending's soul, grab the special spell from Yuria, and then Soul-Suck a buddy for about 2 hours. Shameful and not fun at all.

Oh... you weren't asking me, were you?
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ninjakiller
    @Icemael said:

I'm serious. As I've understood it, the only thing that's different in New Game+ is that the enemies' stats are higher, and since virtually all enemies killed you (well, at least me) with no more than (but often less than) 2 hits, the only real difference is that they take longer to kill. The sense of exploration and discovery is gone since you've already been there and done that, and you can never again experience the satisfaction of finally coming up with a strategy to get past that one fucking part you just kept dying on.  So why? "
    Ummm, because it's fun.  You should be asking the psychos who play NG+++. Common enemies one-shot you and it takes forever to kill everything.  
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By TheHT

lmao yup. this game is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, man, I feel you.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
    @Icemael said:

What a dumb question.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpiralStairs

I started a new playthrough because I want to platinum this game. Will probably take me a very long time.

Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Nasos100 said:
    " i have bought demon's souls but im at a loss at this game. I started a character the strategy guide suggested ( royalty ) but im at a huge loss. I managed to beat 2 worlds but im always at a loss. At which world should i go? what weapons should i use? is my level ok? where the fuck do i spend my stats. I was playing royalty in 4-1 and i killed everything with 2 spells. Then i relaized i was doing huge melee damage aswell. But then i died in like 2 hits. I deleted that character and i want to start fresh this time. Thinking of going templar knight. Hopefully it will be better this time. Any advice concerning the game is welcome. The guild in the EU edition is shit, no offense to the guys that wrote it. It pretty much is a base of a guild but with no help in it. "
    Its actually a good GUIDE, if you take your time to read it, and follow the guide you cant just jump around to whatever world you want, then its obvioous you cant follow the guide, but the guide dont tell you which stats to level up, thats the only downside to it
    HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HODGEY3000

nice you got further than i did
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Karkarov

As for a strengh build to be more specific...  

1: All builds are pvp builds, pve/just beating the game does not require "a build" to be successful so if you don't pvp your build is meaningless.
     2: Str build for level 120 (the popular optimum pvp level) is 40 endurance, minimum 40 vitality, minimum 40 str, 10 magic, enough faith to have 2 miracle slots, enough intelligence to have 3 spell slots, and as little luck and dex as humanly possible.
    3: Gear uh this is sort of up in the air but you want crushing +5 weapons and or a +5 Dragon Bone Smasher.  Popular crushing weapons are Great Swords, Great Axes, Knight Swords, Mirdan Hammers, and Claymores.  A interesting alternative is fist weapons, they actually can be nasty if you use them right.
    4: You will want some kind of shield "just in case"  Most prefer a +5 Dark Silver, +10 Purple Flame, +10 Knight Shield, +10 Steel Shield, or a +5 Brushwood.  +5 Adjudicator can be good to wear on your back since you almost always two hand your weapons anyway since it gives you some hp regen.  On the same Token wearing a Morion Blade on your back is also a nice way to get easy mode hyper damage.
     5: Rings, you want a friends ring or a foe ring depending on if you are a bp or blue, your other ring should always be a cling ring to get max possible HP in soul form.  If you are playing in body form use whatever you want, a clever rats is always handy though and a that ring doran drops (sorry name escapes me at the moment) can be handy.  With 40 end you really should not need the equip weight ring, just wear light armor, or no shirt, whatever it takes to stay under.   Even with the DBS you should have plenty of room for gear.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HypoXenophobia

Congrats, surprised you picked the good ending, as people seem to really favor the bad ending, I think because of the curb stomp. But I chose the good ending regardless. I want to go again through it, but I really really didn't like Latria. I felt so miserable playing through it. Condolences on your fall.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By trophyhunter

Took you long enough BOOM!!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Karkarov
    @HypoXenophobia said:
    " Congrats, surprised you picked the good ending, as people seem to really favor the bad ending, I think because of the curb stomp. But I chose the good ending regardless. I want to go again through it, but I really really didn't like Latria. I felt so miserable playing through it. Condolences on your fall. "
    Actually I think most people in the know take the bad ending first because it gives you the red eye stone which you have to have in order to participate in organized dueling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.