Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

The Old Ones Follow The Demon's Souls This Weekend

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Edited By DrRandle

Atlus Sends Mad-Cryptic Warning

Adorable, but still evil!
    by Randy Marr

A hollered "Ia! Ia!" might be an appropriate response to Atlus's email, warning me that trouble is brewing in Demon's Souls. I'll tell you, I'm very intrigued by this game, but am also poor as fuck, so I don't have it. But it looks like Ol' Hallow's Eve might be a good time to grab it. Here's an excerpt from the warning, which can be viewed in full here on Atlus' forum:

We've discovered that the nefarious Demon will seek to descend the land in pure blackness on All Hallow's Eve. His minions will be more powerful, but the rewards for those who seek to challenge them will be greater as well.

Sounds like either a programmed timed event (similar to Animal Crossing), or they have the ability to pump something through the interweb and straight into your PS3. Either way, it's an incredibly clever and awesome concept, if I may say so myself. This is the kind of real world synergy that more video games should leverage to maximize upstream revenue flow. 

Wait, what did I just say? Sorry, I must be channeling Jack Donaghy.

Anyway, it's a nifty little event I thought I'd share with the folks of you out there playing the game. And if you are, what do you think of it so far? I've seen some pretty favorable reviews, so I want to know what the little guy thinks. Also, here's some homework for ya, what other games do you think could use this kind of feature? What kind of uses for timed events could we have? Personally, even if the gameplay doesn't reflect upon it, I like the idea of Animal Crossing's real-world time cycle, and would love to see it used in other kinds of games. Pokemon does it too, and it's interesting, so why do you think this kind of mechanic hasn't taken off? Let's get some real debate going here, kids, whatta ya say?!

(instrumental)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 - World 6 Map
    DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DrRandle

Atlus Sends Mad-Cryptic Warning

by Randy Marr

A hollered "Ia! Ia!" might be an appropriate response to Atlus's email, warning me that trouble is brewing in Demon's Souls. I'll tell you, I'm very intrigued by this game, but am also poor as fuck, so I don't have it. But it looks like Ol' Hallow's Eve might be a good time to grab it. Here's an excerpt from the warning, which can be viewed in full here on Atlus' forum:

We've discovered that the nefarious Demon will seek to descend the land in pure blackness on All Hallow's Eve. His minions will be more powerful, but the rewards for those who seek to challenge them will be greater as well.

Sounds like either a programmed timed event (similar to Animal Crossing), or they have the ability to pump something through the interweb and straight into your PS3. Either way, it's an incredibly clever and awesome concept, if I may say so myself. This is the kind of real world synergy that more video games should leverage to maximize upstream revenue flow. 

Wait, what did I just say? Sorry, I must be channeling Jack Donaghy.

Anyway, it's a nifty little event I thought I'd share with the folks of you out there playing the game. And if you are, what do you think of it so far? I've seen some pretty favorable reviews, so I want to know what the little guy thinks. Also, here's some homework for ya, what other games do you think could use this kind of feature? What kind of uses for timed events could we have? Personally, even if the gameplay doesn't reflect upon it, I like the idea of Animal Crossing's real-world time cycle, and would love to see it used in other kinds of games. Pokemon does it too, and it's interesting, so why do you think this kind of mechanic hasn't taken off? Let's get some real debate going here, kids, whatta ya say?!

(instrumental)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 - World 6 Map
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I read about this earlier, and thought it was pretty interesting. I'll probably boot it up again on Saturday for this.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Turambar

Essentially, the entire online server will be in Pure Black World Tendency.  So for everyone that wants to do some PBWT events but don't want to waste Stones of Ephemeral Eyes dying over and over, here's your chance.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DrRandle
    @Turambar: I have no fucking clue what you just said, but it sounds awesome.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HaniBall

Sh!t, and I just finished my first playthrough... Now I need to try and unlock and farm all areas with primeval demons this weekend ...
    And some bladestones. Best oppt for it. Especially if world tendency is nice and white again after!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar

I need to farm the heck out of 2-2 for spider stones as well...  Those things are bloody rare.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @Turambar said:
    " I need to farm the heck out of 2-2 for spider stones as well...  Those things are bloody rare. "
    The tunnel with the miners to the right of the archstone near the pit/Flamelurker shortcut is the best place to do that.  You can do it really fast if you have Soul Ray.  Just line them up so that one shot goes through a bunch of them.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Turambar
    @HomemadeZiggurat: Yep, that's exactly how I got my Sticky Compound Longbow to +4.  Missing pretty much all the stones for +5 though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.