Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

tips for playing as magician?

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrT

any one got some?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Make sure to get the Fragrant ring as soon as possible... Keep your distance... Get a good shield... ALWAYS lock on, regardless of class... 

That's all I can think of right now :P 

Take your time! Don't rush into things!

RaidSoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RaidSoft

Don't rely on magic for everything :P

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JokerClown88

I wish I did.  But alas...I cannot help you.  I started as a barbarian.
    MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrT

were can i get this fragrant ring

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Choose another class? =P lol nah sadly i'm not too experienced with magic specific class'. My two mains are a Priest and Wanderer.
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jams

I started a magician  after trying a temple knight and a wanderer. I have to say I got my butt handed to me on the temple knight and the wanderer, but when I made the mage I decided to take it one fight at a time and just use the fire spell for ranged enemies. I beat 1-1 without dying. Of course I died a million times with the other 2 characters without even beating 1-1.

Anyways, I think the trick is to take your time and fighting your way through, one badie at a time.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adziboy
    @jams:
    Heh, that's strange. With my magician, I died a few times because of slow casting rates. As a Knight, I did 1-1 and 1-2 without dying. Died once on 2-1 but that was because of an invasion.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yukoei

Just thought I would come here to say that I thought your title said ''Tips for playing as a Mexican''

Taco time!

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10  Edited By King9999

I'm playing as a magician myself, so I think I can offer some tips:

• Obviously, you'll want to use magic as your main source of offense, so you have to stock up on MP restoration items.  A good way to get some fresh/old spice is to go to 2-1 and kill those mages with the bells.  Just make sure you're good at dodging or use the environment to your advantage, because they can kill you in one or two hits.  The fire spell works very well against them.
    • Soul Arrow/Soul Ray is going to be your bread-and-butter spell.  I hear that spell wrecks the Tower Knight...haven't checked.  I know that it absolutely wrecks the Flamelurker (it's something I witnessed).
    • The Fragrant Ring is found in 2-2, in the swamp area.  I haven't picked it up yet, but I remember where it was because I stumbled across it when I was using one of my other characters.
    • The magician can use rapiers, daggers and scimitars wihout any penalties.  Don't be afraid to mix it up with some enemies once in a while, especially against those you know you can win without much effort.  MP conservation is good.
    • Having lots of MP is good, so use the Silver Catalyst and the Silver Circlet.  Once you save a certain character in 2-1, you will get a weapon that lets you restore MP each time you stab someone.
    • When leveling up, obviously you want to foucs on Intelligence and Magic.  Put a few points into VItality so you don't die too fast, and Luck so that you can farm for spice/healing items more easily.  I don't think the other stats are necessary.
    • It should go without saying, but always lock on to your target before casting a spell.
    msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By msdss

You can get the fragrant ring by turning in the brass telescope you get from ostrava in 1-1 to the crow in 4-1. 
    just drop it on the ground at the base of the tree, then do a load game. the ring will be on the ground near the tree. 
    ---You can only do this ONCE per game per item.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King9999
    @msdss said:
    " You can get the fragrant ring by turning in the brass telescope you get from ostrava in 1-1 to the crow in 4-1. just drop it on the ground at the base of the tree, then do a load game. the ring will be on the ground near the tree. ---You can only do this ONCE per game per item. "
    Wow, really?  I should try that.  I don't use the telescope.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nanikore

Yeah, the fragrance ring is pretty good. The enemies will spare you because you'll smell so good.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman

Holy shit, it's Mr. T!

I loved you in The A-Team!

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MrT

were is the treasure with the Silver Catalyst and the Silver Circlet located?

msdss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By msdss

I think both are in 3-1.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By dbz1995

My main concern is the fact that this isn't MrT because he isn't pitying any fools.

Anyway, don't wear too heavy armour, because you'll need to be quite quick to kill dudes that run and lunge at you.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King9999

I just noticed I made a few mistakes in my previous post.

The Fragrant Ring can be found in 3-2, not 2-2.  And the person you have to rescue to get the stiletto is in 3-1.  An alternate way to get a Fragrant Ring is in 4-1, which was already mentioned.  I tried the method, and it does indeed work.  I don't know how I missed that tree in my first playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.