Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Tips for the weird monster?

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I'm doing world 4-2 right now and I'm having trouble with the weird see-through monsters that keep respawning.

I got past the first group of them by just sniping the reaper who keeps respawning them, but they come up later as well and I can't do that anymore.

You have to fight them on some very tight stairs, and my strategy basically is to keep my shield up, back away, and wait for an opening.
    The problem is that this strategy wastes time which the monsters can use to respawn, so I'm stuck there forever.

So what do I do?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vitor
    @Ventilaator said:
    " I'm doing world 4-2 right now and I'm having trouble with the weird see-through monsters that keep respawning.  I got past the first group of them by just sniping the reaper who keeps respawning them, but they come up later as well and I can't do that anymore.  You have to fight them on some very tight stairs, and my strategy basically is to keep my shield up, back away, and wait for an opening. The problem is that this strategy wastes time which the monsters can use to respawn, so I'm stuck there forever. So what do I do? "
    The reapers are always in the same place - if you have a decent bow, you should be able to pop them in 2/3 shots and kill everything instantly. It's how I farmed a lot of my souls. The run from just before the first reaper to the just before the boss is very, very rich in souls.  

If you're heavy melee though, the only thing I could suggest is to just leg it past them as they're pretty slow and go for the reapers. 
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ventilaator
    @Vitor: 

I can get past the first reaper no problem, because there's a very obvious sniping spot.

The second time you encounter the group is tougher though, because there are long stairs that aren't wide enough for you to comfortably run past the respawning things, and the reaper is nowhere to be seen.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor
    @Ventilaator: There's a sniping spot for all of them apart from the final one. Should be at the start of the stairs, look down and to your left and you should see him - he'll move after your first shot makes contact so be sure to take him out fast otherwise he'll go behind a pillar and be unreachable. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

DON'T BE AN IDIOT! All the advice anyone will need for Demon's Souls.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By matiaz_tapia

The next reaper is hidden in a corner. Just kill the first blob monster, go half way the first set of stairs, turn around and you'll see him at ground level to the right . The re-spawning time for the blobs it's ridiculous, so you have to make sure to do it fast since the reaper will get out of the way. 

Having a really good anti-magic shield or a really powerful bow helps a whole lot.  ( you probably do have a nice shield or lots of health....I had to do this fully knowing that one of their laser beans meant a one hit kill)
    -The Dark Silver shield is the best you get at that point, you get it after completing the valley of defilement.  
    -A good bow would be a nicely upgraded sticky composite bow, a white bow or a Lava bow. 

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Raymayne

You just need to be quick, don't give them a chance to attack, most of the Shadowlurkers are weak as hell so just rush in with a good melee weapon, take them down in a couple of quick hits and then push on, you will make progress if you're quick enough. Then just find the Reaper as quickly as possible and take him down with whatever powerful magic you have. Sniping is possible for most of them but it's so time-consuming that I never bothered with it and didn't really struggle on 4-2 that much. Just don't allow yourself to back away, keep pushing forward.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ventilaator
    @Raymayne said:
    " You just need to be quick, don't give them a chance to attack, most of the Shadowlurkers are weak as hell so just rush in with a good melee weapon, take them down in a couple of quick hits and then push on, you will make progress if you're quick enough. Then just find the Reaper as quickly as possible and take him down with whatever powerful magic you have. Sniping is possible for most of them but it's so time-consuming that I never bothered with it and didn't really struggle on 4-2 that much. Just don't allow yourself to back away, keep pushing forward. "
    Rushing through and not allowing myself to back away has never worked in this game so far, and I'm worried that if I suddenly try to rush through I'll fight to sloppily to even reach the reaper, because the shadowlurkers would probably kill me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.