Translation

#1 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

I heard the asian version has an english translation.  Does anyone have a clue how well it's been done or if it's worth risking to get a poorly translated game?  I've never imported a game and don't have any exp. with it.  Thanks.

#2 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

I was thinking about importing this as well, after I get Killzone 2 and Street Fighter IV outa my system.

I'm not sure how good the translation is either, and was wondering, but hopefully someone will find-out and report back soon :)

#3 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

bump... maybe get someone to look at this thing...

#4 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Someone I know from a forum just got it and said to go with the Asian version (English and Chinese) as the entire game is in English however the Manual will be in Chinese. I plan on giving it a shot eventually, but have a lot of games on my plate right now.

#5 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

good to hear.... i ended up purchasing it from playasia but i'm still waiting for them to ship, apparently they don't have any in stock.  I just hope i can manage the technicalities of the game without understanding anything from the manual.

#6 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

Playasia finally got some stock.... my copy was shipped earlier today.  It's been a long wait for what I'm hoping is a great rpg.

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

NCSX is supposedly going to get copies tomorrow.  I preordered April 1st, but they've been out of stock that long.

#8 Posted by af7lm (75 posts) -

Finally had some time to put into my copy.  So far so good.  It seems to be a pretty damn difficult but that's not a bad thing.  I'm still working on the first level after about 2.5 hours in.  As far as translation goes, the entire manual is in Japanese, however, the game loaded and began playing in English.  I figured i was gonna be fumbling in menus trying to get it in English but didn't have to, thank god.  Also there is a little fold out paper with controls and minimal game play mechanics written in English, another good thing.  My suggestion for anyone worried about translation on this game, don't.  It is very manageable and in the very early stages of the game looking to be a great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.