Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Would you be interested in Demon's Souls Remastered?

• 110 results
    Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Maedhros925

Playing through Dark Souls III, it's remarkable how many nods to Demon's Souls are in the game. Maybe the connection isn't direct, but there are certainly a good number of borrowed ideas. If DSIII is truly the end point of the Souls franchise, it's clear From still considers Demon's Souls a part of the family.

My friend has played all the Dark Souls games. He never had a PS3, however, and never played through Demon's. Surely he's not alone. I imagine many people came to the series late, after word of mouth had spread. Giant Bomb is a great example. The original Dark Souls was barely mentioned in Game of the Year discussion, but is now beloved by much of the staff.

So for those who have played it before, and those who never did, would you be interested in a Demon's Souls Remastered? I'd love to go back to that game on current consoles. There's an atmosphere to that first game that remains unique three or four installments later. If From gets rid of world tendency and improves the multiplayer, I'm sold.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes. A remastered Dark Souls also. Remaster them all and I'll buy them again. I still play the original versions, but this would give me an excuse to get rid of my PS3 finally.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've been able to get all the Dark Souls on PC so getting Demon's Souls would be fantastic since it's the only game in the series I have no play as well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Absolutely, especially if it's given the same treatment as what Dark Souls II saw, which is one of the best examples of a 'remastering' done right. If they remove the world/character tendency bullshit or at least make it easier to manipulate (so much of the game is hidden behind that awful system), then that'd be grand. Maybe they could even add in that other archstone area, though that would probably be too much to hope for given how much of an undertaking that'd be.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Shindig

I give no toss about world tendency, to be honest. I guess if you're digging deeper, it's a complete ball ache but I only did the white tendency stuff which was easy to unlock after a boss kill.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls remaster for PS4 would be nice.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

... Maybe. I'm currently going through three as well, more than half way done. I just have a few bosses left. This is after going through them all back-to-back. I got Demon's around release, as well as Dark Souls 1, but didn't get far into them until early last month, where I beat them all (including Bloodborne). I still really liked Demon's Souls just fine. I don't have much desire right now to go back to it, but it's a great game nonetheless. The biggest issue is really just the frame rate in some sections. I'd want that and Dark Souls if there were remasters. I don't really think it needs one, though that feeling is probably different considering I just went through it recently. As for world tendency, I didn't really like that either, only because I don't feel like playing these games again, but it is cool to have different thing happen, and if that went away, that'd kind of be a bummer. Maybe change it a bit, but to take it out entirely, I'm not so sure. Oh, and now I have the main intro song stuck in my head. I think Demon's perhaps still has my favorite soundtrack of them all, though they're all really good.

chuck_schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls remaster for PS4 would be nice.

I would like this.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Why yes, I would like to buy Demon Souls for a third time.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Onemanarmyy

I mean sure, why not.

But i'm not sure i would prefer a Demon Souls remaster over a new game. There are always tradeoffs to be made.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I've already played it so many times.

I'd rather change the entire console model so that I don't need to buy the same games every generation. The lack of compatible operating systems, hardware and software between generations is shortsighted and stupid. It's one of the reasons I don't feel like buying another console.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there's much reason for it, honestly. I imagine if you were going to remaster anything, it'd be the original Dark Souls. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that way more people care about Dark Souls (and thus more people willing to spend money on a remaster), and it's pretty much already a better version of Demon's Souls anyway.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck remasters

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By afabs515

Yes, because I've never played it. It's the only Souls-borne game I haven't been able to play, so I'd definitely be interested if there was some way to play it other than on PS3

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to choose I would more interested in Dark Souls, but both definitely deserve to be remastered. It would especially be great if they finished the 6th Archstone.

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
    atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested? Not really. Would I buy and play it again? Of course I fucking would. All us on the Souls train are doomed to ride it FOREVER.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hell yes.

I'd be down with a remastered Dark Souls on PS4 too.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Is it free? Than maybe. Otherwise I would rather focus on something new.

ikramit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ikramit

Right now I just want to see what From software can accomplish outside of souls-borne when they put their full weight behind a project . 4 or 5 years from now I can see a DS1 remake but I doubt Demon will get the same treatment. I don't think it would bring in the money necessary for that but if it did come out I would play it.

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it came to the PC, sure.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Only if they removed world tendency and inventory (not equip) carry load

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wanted a remastered Demon's Souls for a while, it would be great. And if it did happen, as much as I also prefer to play games on PC, it would not be there, it is a sony first party game after all.

Also, I suspect that From would probably not be doing the heavy lifting on a remaster, if It happens it would be a Sony initiative, although of course From would need to be involved.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By kerse

Yes. But I would prefer a dark souls remaster for ps4. Though a demon dark souls double pack would be even better. They did it with ffx and x-2.

Two in would sell better too as I imagine demons souls by itself would not do amazingly. Or maybe enough people are interested now that it would.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I know it very likely would never come to PC, though in a perfect world that's how I would get to it. I would gladly buy it again on the PS4. My PS3 is fairly old and I'm worried that at some point it's just going to break, and I'm not sure I want to spend a whole bunch of money to only play Demon's Souls again.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

100%. I don't know if I have it in me to play it all over again, but it deserves to make it off the PS3 and into the future so it can be available for people who want it.

Also, 60FPS would be killer.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might as well.

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ALavaPenguin

No not really.

Maybe a PC version or something but I don't really care either way.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not really, there's nothing in Demon's Souls that doesn't hold up. A remake with new weapons, extra bosses and such, that would be cool. I guess a 60fps re-release on newer hardware would be alright but I'm not aching to play it again.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never owned a PS3, so I would be extremely interested in one.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bill_mcneal

Only for those who haven't played it. Despite it being my favorite in the franchise (?), I don't have the time or desire to replay it. I would much rather see a new entry that uses the same mechanics on a grander, more free-flowing scale* (Dark Souls using Demon's mechanics).

*not saying I didn't like the "spoke/level" style.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am generally against remasters and remakes and this is no different. Demon's Souls does not need a remake/remaster (and Dark Souls definitely doesn't need one). I wish they would take all the money they spend on remakes and remasters and spent it on funding new projects and ideas.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My official answer is "no," but unofficially, I would probably buy it if they did it.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would, but I'd rather have bloodborne on pc.

Woodyrson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be in for a PC version. I personally don't care if they technically "remaster" it or not. I played a good portion of that game, but never actually finished it back in the day. I'd love to take another crack at it now, but I don't have any intention of dragging out the PS3 to do it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I think I'd only be interested if they packaged them together somehow. I would like a collection although to be frank From Software has proven time and time again that they are not the most able studio as far as the technical side of things go so I'm not sure how great these remastered would be.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell to the yeah!

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eh, doesn't really excite me, but I might buy it for the right price. I'd rather have Dark Souls to complete the collection.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cubidog1

Yes please

TheMainTank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheMainTank

Nah. Demon's Souls is a wonderful game, but I can't think of any reason it would need a remaster. If you're looking to play ps3 games, buy a refurb for like 100 bucks, instead of paying for each game at full price again.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Please!!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If they were going to remaster them, I'd want a First Scholar level re-working of enemy placements. I don't just want a new coat of paint.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of you saying no are monsters. MONSTERS

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the biggest Souls fan out there, I believe that if they were to remaster any game it should be the original Dark Souls. Not to say that I didn't enjoy Demon's Souls (I mean I put 200+ hours into it), it's just kind of hard to go back to at this point. In preparation for Bloodborne, I went back and played through all of them one last time, and found Demon's Souls the most archaic in terms of controls and mechanics. While things like the world tendency are still great ideas, the actual control of your character is kind of a bummer. If they were to update that control scheme and do a Scholar of the First Sin style remix of the game I'd be all for that, but a straight HD remake, no thanks.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47  Edited By Cav829

I would love them to remaster Demon's Souls... but I'm not sure it could be done in a way that would satisfy people. Demon's Souls is such a weird, unrefined game by the standards of later Souls games. So think about selling that game to newer Souls fans who only know the newer games. Do they change the item upgrade system for instance so its understandable by human beings without needing a walkthrough? Do they make it so Crystal Lizards don't disappear? Do they get rid of World Tendency? Some levels like 4-2 have zero shortcuts and have stupidly long boss runs by the standards of later games. Do they go back and add more? Anyone watch the Two Best Friends stream they did a couple of weeks ago where Woolie was getting invaded nonstop (our old friend Potato Marshall even made a cameo)? Yep, Demon's Souls PVP system is broken to hell and back and filled with tons of trolling. Could they touch that without people freaking out though?

And can they do any of this without hardcore fans freaking out about every change? Or do they try to sell it as is? Because if they did that, I don't know how successful it would be at this point. It seems like such a no-win scenario. Dark Souls 1 on the other hand could be updated much more easily.

GuitarGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my biggest reason for a yes isn't for me, I loved it but not sure if I'll ever play again(time and a place kind of think for me), but it'll let people experience the game that didn't get into the series until dark souls 1 or 2 when it became more of a hit and mainstream.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. That time and money would be better spent making new games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.