Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

You Think They Did This On Purpose? (ENDGAME SPOILER)

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Undeadpool

So after tearing, hacking, slashing, stabbing, blasting, and shooting my way through Demon's Souls, I descend to the final dungeon, I'm without any Blue Phantoms at my side, I'm completely alone, I walk in and...

it's a flopping, amorphous blob that couldn't mount a decent attack with nuclear detonation codes. Do you think this was done for dramatic effect, or do you think the devs are having a good laugh about making THIS the final boss in what has otherwise been a grueling game?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

A bit of a both I think. Especially since most people would be expecting a boss battle that would rival the difficulty of going against 5 Maneaters and 7 Flamelurkers at once.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

No, the last boss was probably cut, just like the world connected to the broken archstone in the Nexus.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Undeadpool said:

So after tearing, hacking, slashing, stabbing, blasting, and shooting my way through Demon's Souls, I descend to the final dungeon, I'm without any Blue Phantoms at my side, I'm completely alone, I walk in and...

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Undeadpool

@Abyssfull: Oh that fucking Flame Lurker...I'd forgotten all about him (I've been playing this game off and on since it came out and I only just beat it).

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Klaimore

I was extremely surprised as well I kind of laughed myself. I though he was just a taunt enemy and to then release a one hit kill but I guess he was just a dramatic joke.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Karkarov

Man need to check this sub forum more often.

Dramatic effect.  Like almost all of From Software's RPG's he was meant to represent a moral lesson/plot point in the story.  Look at Kings Field 4, Eternal Ring, both Shadow Towers, etc etc etc.  All RPG's by From, all had last bosses in this same vein.  You should consider False King to be the actual "last boss" in many ways he represents the power of that character anyway being his true demonic form and all.

ALXNDRB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ALXNDRB

King Allant was to me the final Boss. He's one of the hardest bosses I have ever seen in video games. And after reading what was above, I think it makes sense now that they made the final boss like it is. It does create a dramatic effect, just like when you confront Maiden Astraea and she kills herself after saying: "take your precious Demon soul". You kinda feel bad about her death and keep wondering what the hell you've been doing until now. It's genius

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.