Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Desert Golfing

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Sep 03, 2014

A minimalist golf game designed for touch screen mobile platforms.

Why is anyone talking about Desert Golfing?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

OK, sure, the guy made like a few thousand levels for some reason. But it's unbearably dull and there's nothing remarkable about it at all. A first year CS student could make this game. Why are developers and game journos talking about this game?

If it doesn't suddenly become Frog Fractions 2 after level 9000, I don't see the point.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably because it's fun? I dunno. Not everything has to be a multimedia extravaganza made by 100 guys at Ubisoft.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@ttthrasher: Fine, it's not actively a bad game and there's a mild amount of enjoyment to be had, but it's just a golf game that controls like Scorched Earth/Worms. That's it. It's absurd that the game costs money at all.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Its a simple little game in a non contemporary style. And it just kinda goes, which is cool. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe its just the app of the month? I don't think its Frog Fractions 2. I like it more than Flappy Bird.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DannyHibiki

@bisonhero said:

@ttthrasher: Fine, it's not actively a bad game and there's a mild amount of enjoyment to be had, but it's just a golf game that controls like Scorched Earth/Worms. That's it. It's absurd that the game costs money at all.

Scorched Earth for my phone? Sign me up.

I actually just spent a couple minutes looking through the app store at Scorched Earth clones, and out of all paid apps, I'd say this one looks pretty nice.

Bowman Attack looks pretty cool too, and is free, but I don't really want leveling in my Scorched Earth.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to level 3700-something. After about 3200, the levels were pretty much flat.

I really liked it though. Maybe it's a zen thing? It's so simple, like Angry Birds but with less BS. And when you get a hole-in-one you feel like a god.

Also:

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I gotta admit, that horizontal pan reminds me of Wes Anderson movies which pushes all kinds of pleasure buttons in my brain. Still not gonna buy it, but I can see the appeal.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

@bisonhero: some known people decided they want to talk about it and then a snowball effect occurred. The gaming community is pretty insular so it's not that heard to get the ball rolling if you really want to.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InsidiousTuna

It's the Angry Birds slingshot mechanic, applied to really exacting levels, and there's a great tactile feel to bouncing the ball just right on the sand. It's also uncompromising and doesn't let you skip or restart. And the guy's made other cool games, too.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman

Probably because they like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.