Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Anyone else get into the alpha?

• 106 results
    Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zella

@marc: Was waiting to get my key when after reading this I remembered I have a different email tied to my PSN. Got my key, and downloading now, going real slow for me too.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zella: Awesome that you got it! Sucks for those of you having slow download speeds though. Mine downloaded in just under half an hour. Sadly I'm stuck working for 3 more hours :(

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Yup! And it's really fun too! Loving it!

Cecil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like everyone else got one but me. I didn't have ps+ when I registered, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By marc

@cecil: possibly. ps+ was one of the requirements

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By EthanielRain

@cecil said:

Seems like everyone else got one but me. I didn't have ps+ when I registered, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

From what I've read, invites are being sent out in waves until 11:59pm PDT, so there's still time for us :)

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By A_Faceless_Name

I have played it a bit and I am loving it. It has been way more enjoyable than Battlefield: Hardline. Which feels like a mod that isn't fully realized.

if anyone wants to find me, I am A_Faceless_Name.

Also, hi. First time poster.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#58 jeanluc  Staff

Due to my new apartment's lack of internet I was unable to get a code, let alone download it (I've been hopping around from place to place all week just to watch E3). Glad to hear everyone's enjoying it.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got into the Alpha, and im extreamly amazed how much there is in this E3 demo. I thought it was just going to be a mission and that's it, but man did they give you enough to quench your thirst for the full game.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Quarters

Just got in. Waiting for mine to download, which should take a good, solid eternity.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By EmptyApartment

Was hoping to play at my little brothers house (I don't own a PS4 yet), so made sure he signed up the other day. Come today I asked if he has gotten an email and he's response is "I put in a fake email when I made the account" *facepalm* lol Has everybody just been getting the email and no PSN message as well? Thought they were going to do PSN message, so just wondering. Was really hoping to play some of the Alpha.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62  Edited By Seppli

Got a hunter to lvl 8, grinding the exploration-style quests. Did one public event too. Got tons of lootdrops. Beat the Strike once there-after, was good fun. One of my weapons leveled up from beating the final boss. Got increased dmg. Eventually I can unlock better sights for it. Pretty darn neat. Will have to check out PvP and the other two classes.

I'm definitely sold on Destiny. It feels like the best meld of MMORPG hooks and immedate realtime action gameplay yet. As a shooter, it's really pretty much as good as it gets. The only thing it's lacking are more interactive environments. If it had more destruction and explosive barrels and such.

Pro-tip for Strikes: Buy a couple of primary weapon ammo refills. You will be glad for it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Sackmanjones

@avenlaya: so you mind expanding on the content? All I see is one story mission and the multiplayer along with the hub. Do you mean that there are a lot of missions in just the free explore or what?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I'm in.

Add me - KowalskiManDown

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else stuck at the install screen? It doesn't seem to be moving for me...

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else stuck at the install screen? It doesn't seem to be moving for me...

Go to your notifications then downloads. Press options and see if it lets you restart. I had to do that.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By handlas

Seems quite alright coming from someone with low expectations. Thought it looked like a boring, generic Borderlands/Halo game. And it seems like a pretty fun Borderlands/Halo game. Think Jeff said it didn't feel like Halo to him in the QL. I'm no Halo expert but it feels like Halo to me.

Presentation seems very nice. Love the menus. But I did the first mission and accidently started it again not knowing I had already done it. Not sure if there is an indicator that tells you missions you've already completed.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading now, any word on if your Alpha progress will be saved? I assume your Beta progress will

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got one of the live stream codes from tonight. I've briefly played it during one of breaks and I have to say, I'm feeling a lot more interested in this now.

I've had the usual opinion of "eh I'm not really into FPS games that much" to seeing the Giant Bomb Unfinished video the other day which left me with "eh it just looks like Borderlands but with a little Halo" and now having played about 15-20 mins of it I'm left thinking "This looks much prettier on my own big screen TV and the environment feels like it has a big adventurous scale to it"

Shot some stuff, that felt good. I like just walking around and taking in the atmosphere. The giant shuttle pad things at the start look epic. I'm staring off into the distance wondering how far I can actually go. I suddenly get shot at from somewhere and go into panic mode, now remembering that this is an FPS game. Kill them all and now I have this great spooked feeling just like I had wandering around the wastelands of Fallout 3 or Skyrim. No idea where things are going to come from, slowly stalking my way through the rocky hills absorbing the scenery. Had a crappy jolt back into "oh yea this is multiplayer" because I was scoping out a bunch of bad guys from behind a rock, deciding if attacking the group was a good idea, when someone suddenly rammed into me with the hover bike thing and I went flying into the group of baddies, was getting shot at, almost died, and the hover bike idiot was just sitting there looking at me.

Yea I don't know. I had a very casual interest in this but now, with very little play time under my belt, I love the vibe I'm getting from this. Possibly great atmosphere if you can go single player only or co-op with a close friend seems like it could be fun.

I might just end up buying this.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Dussck

I've played for around 90 minutes and I think it's great!

Also, it's much more MMO like then I thought. Mini quests that require you to kill enemies that have a chance to drop a certain item. Luckily, shooting is much more interactive then just target and press a button, so I don't mind those quests at all. The same with loot dropping (it's also the same color code most MMO's use; white, green and purple for epic items). I can totally see myself getting hooked on this, especially when playing with friends.

The weird thing though; I did not encounter any other player so far. Maybe it's because it was pretty early in the morning when I played, but not even in the city hub. It still was a good single player experience, though. And the one thing that really appealed to me so far: it is not that easy. When you encounter enemies that are 2 levels above yours it's already a pretty good challenge.

That alpha and beta test was a brilliant idea from Bungie. I saw some footage and interviews about Destiny before, but it's when I actually played it that I really got what this game was about.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#71  Edited By MEATBALL

Played through a Strike with Turboman and a friend, it was pretty damn tough (but I really enjoyed it for the most part), my only complaint would be that the two bosses we encountered took a bit too long to defeat and running out of ammo was something of a problem (generally it wouldn't be long before finding more upon running out, but yeah, it was kind of a pain). It could be partly because Turbo was a little underlevelled and that maybe our equipment just wasn't up to snuff.

Really digging the core game, hope the beta test in July has more content. I've yet to give The Crucible a go, hope it's fun.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoying the game so far, I love how smoothly the multiplayer is integrated into the singleplayer.

PSN is ZacBroski, just mention you are from GB.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I messed about with it an hour and leveled up a couple of times. After the excitement of using space magic and dancing at randoms wore off I found it to be, dare I say it... a little boring. Something about the sound of the guns, the movement speed and the bullet spongeyness of some enemies feels off somehow. I also thought the hub area was a pain to get around and feels completely lifeless. Alpha and all that I guess. Maybe I'm just too tired, I'll give it another shot later.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I do not own a PlayStation 4 video game home console system.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I do not own a PlayStation 4 video game home console system.

Good to know. :P

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By fattony12000
    artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played quite a lot of this today and I really, really enjoy it. Going to have to force myself to stop so I don't burn out before release. Decided I'm not going to preorder so I don't get into the beta... I don't want to ruin that content, and I don't want to end up playing too much before the game is even out because I can already tell I will do just that.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having such a blast with this game. I'm gonna be sad once the weekend is over.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fattony12000

The "beta" is coming to PS3 and PS4 on July 17, by the way.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Played a little last night during the live show. My PSN id is m1k3ines.

hellerphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but what is the end date on the alpha at this stage? Loving it so far and just want to know when they'll take it away from us.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but what is the end date on the alpha at this stage? Loving it so far and just want to know when they'll take it away from us.

please say monday morning and not sunday night...please say monday morning and not sunday night...please say monday morning and not sunday night...

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By shinboy630

Enjoying it so far. Really like to the way progression works as well as the open world stuff. That strike though...as someone who has done a good deal of MMO (or similar) dungeoneering, I was not a fan of a lot of the encounters in that.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Got codes for this and Battlefield: Hardline yesterday, redeemed both, BF downloaded just before I crashed for the night, Destiny was still going. Hoping to start it tonight, look up mdnytecartunr and mention GB if you'd like to look me up.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigevil1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got in late last night after the download. Played it for about an hour, seemed pretty neat. I liked the character designs and just general aesthetic. Hoping to get back into it today after some World Cup matches.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mister_V

played a bunch more tonight, and I'm sold. I got to lvl six and jumped into a strike mission with two randoms. It was quite a challenge but we got through it ok in the end, reminded me a lot of low lvl dungeons in somthing like wow.

I have had plenty of weapon and armor drops with a few bits that I have had to go and identify as well. Has anyone managed to trigger a public quest yet? I want to see what they entail.

think I'm going to jump back in tomorrow and try another class.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

played a bunch more tonight, and I'm sold. I got to lvl six and jumped into a strike mission with two randoms. It was quite a challenge but we got through it ok in the end, reminded me a lot of low lvl dungeons in somthing like wow.

I have had plenty of weapon and armor drops with a few bits that I have had to go and identify as well. Has anyone managed to trigger a public quest yet? I want to see what they entail.

think I'm going to jump back in tomorrow and try another class.

I had one against one of the giant fallen walkers that was a lot like the strike mission but on a 5 minute timer. Didn't finish it but got a silver rating (whatever that means) and a decent amount XP and Glimmer.

I wish they'd let you go a bit farther so you can actually feel the differences between the classes but overall I'm downright sold with Warlock. Tried out Titan and Hunter. Didn't like the titan ability and the hunter felt to squishy too me but that golden gun does so much damage. I wish that you could select via equipment what kind of jump you wanted cause I don't particularly care for the glide but everything else on Warlock was great.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo this game is pretty neat/pretty

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RonGalaxy
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:
    Has anyone managed to trigger a public quest yet? I want to see what they entail.

I have had 3 of them, all different, and they normally start with your ghost talking about it then marking it as an optional thing on your HUD. One was just protecting something that fell from the sky from enemies while my ghost scanned it. Another was a big walking tank that had to be destroy that i stumbled into after other people started it. And the third was kinda like the first one, but there where multiple ones around the map that had to be protected. The nice thing is that even if you fail they still give you some credit and ranking based on what you did, so even if your team or random people you are with weren't up to the task, it wasn't time wasted.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping to play at my little brothers house (I don't own a PS4 yet), so made sure he signed up the other day. Come today I asked if he has gotten an email and he's response is "I put in a fake email when I made the account" *facepalm* lol Has everybody just been getting the email and no PSN message as well? Thought they were going to do PSN message, so just wondering. Was really hoping to play some of the Alpha.

I just got a message in the "from playstation" section of my notifications that sent me to the PSN store with the code, so you should be good but that was some time after the e-mail so who knows how long you will wait.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By marc

@fredddi43: tweet @bungiehelp and follow them. they've been DM'ing people codes for those who do that. Not sure if it's still going, but might be worth a try

also: Here

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, got in and got my Warlock or whatever to max level (8) and now I'm working on a Titan. I've been having fun with it. So much fun that I decided to pre-order the game from Amazon so I could get into the Beta.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be the second game I've ever pre-ordered. The shooting feels good, the RPG elements are fun...my only complaint is that the story elements are super weak, but that seems like an alpha thing.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the code and now a level 7 exo titan.

Psn: Lord_Xp

I'm looking to do some strike or just explore with some duders

danryckert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By danryckert  Staff

Code! Be quick!

GL7R-QPN8-Q44L

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.