Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Are you going back to Destiny for the DLC?

• 58 results
    r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I first started Destiny I really enjoyed it, despite it's obvious and glaring flaws. I don't know how many hours I put in, but it was a good chunk. More than a lot of games, so I can't say my money was wasted.

That said, though I was initially excited for DLC my interest has severely waned as we've drawn closer to the release. I just don't really care.

I have one level 25-26ish Hunter and lower level (<15) Warlock and Titan. Every time I think about going back into that game I realize I just have better options. The grind to 30 is just too much and finding people to play with seems to get harder and harder as people jump ship. The DLC, from what I know about it, does not seem like a great value and doesn't remedy the games main problems.

It's weird. I was all ready to buy the DLC just a month ago, but now I think I'll skip it. At least for the time being.

Is anyone out there genuinely excited for it still?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rethla

I have a season pass but unless bungie makes an U-turn with this expansion i wont go back.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By sammo21

Yes but only because I already own it and the next one. I am not excited for it. I will have people to play with but other than that no. Once I hit level 30 I just stopped caring largely and pretty much agreed to put it down til the expansion hit.

Update: Also just thought that the next expansion will probably come out around the time of late Feb/March and then The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne will be out, so... "lawl Destiny".

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

No way. Destiny is easily the most disappointing game of the year and I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope because i dont have the season pass and im not buying the dlc.these dlcs have the worst value for price ive ever seen and ide be dumb if i bought them.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say that I've heard there will be three new subclasses. That doesn't bring me back in, though. Really, I think Bungie ought to throw out some free content and fixes to try to bring people back. It seems people are largely down on this game, which sucks. It could have been so good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have the season pass, so I'll probably check it out, but not really 'cause I want to...

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I'll most likely give it a shot. I got all jazzed for Destiny before release and (perhaps drunkenly) pre-purchased the deluxe edition with the season pass one day. So, by not at least giving it a shot, I'd feel like I was ripping myself off.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hell yeah I am!

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got the Digital Guardians Edition, so I'll check it out since I'm kinda stuck with the game.

I'm still a believer in this game though. Diablo III wasn't so well received on release either (I wouldn't know, I don't have a gaming pc) and now its excellent.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustainium: I'm in the same boat. Really unhappy that the only way to lvl 30 is raid BS

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got the Digital Guardians Edition, so I'll check it out since I'm kinda stuck with the game.

Ditto. I already paid for it so I might as well go back.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

I still like game but with dragon age and other new games I've kind of moved on. I may still try to run raid or do some dailys but I'm not spending has much time as I use to. I have spent no time this week in Iron banner, but maybe next time around I'll to get level up in iron banner. I'm not getting new shooter soon so destiny will remain my default mulitplayer.

Boywonder03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Boywonder03

I want to say yes, but my heart says no. A set of working guild features would 180 that decision.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Giant_Gamer
    @mustainium said:

I'm still a believer in this game though. Diablo III wasn't so well received on release either (I wouldn't know, I don't have a gaming pc) and now its excellent.

Isn't Bungie working on Destiny 2?

I'm pretty sure that I read it somewhere and I can't tell you how bad it made me feel for purchasing the game.

My current stand on the DLC is fix the games problems first and then we'll talk business.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It would take a TON of DLC to fix that game's fundamental issues. I sold the game back to GameStop a while ago and never bought the season pass, so I'm pretty much done with Destiny forever.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never left. Really looking forward to more content.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If and when the DLC is free.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@mustainium: Well, Diablo 3's main problem was not being able to play it because of network errors, the forced online thing, and other technical problems. Not really lack of content or no story.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ares42

Nah, watching some of the Gamespot coverage made me think "that game isn't that bad", but I have plenty of other more interesting games on docket. If things were as dry as they were back in September I'd probably be all over it though, I could definitely see myself shooting more aliens in the head and stomach.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no I am not paying them more money.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Not unless it makes a huge U-Turn.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably not. Game's boring.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just started playing a few days ago, but at the moment, I'm really excited for it.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Absolutely, I only stopped playing because my luck with raid armour drops has been so unlucky (and I have way too many exotic weapons). As soon as new gear and missions arrive I'll start playing again to get my level over 30!

MORE LIGHT!

MORE LIGHT!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they release some really compelling free content that gets me back into the game, no. It left a really bad taste in my mouth after I put it down. And I have no desire to go back to it.

calbags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By calbags

Been playing regularly since launch so yeah, i find destiny to be near perfectly mechanically and visually, which i guess is enough for me to enjoy a game. There is also so really cool lore to this game it's just a shame none of it is in the game, having dinklebot read grimoire cards during patrols could go along way.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Nope. That game just has too many problems. The dlc doesn't look like it is going to fix any of those problems. Also, the dlc is $20!!!

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Never really left outside of a few times where I took a break from the game. I do plan to pick up the DLC, but money woes have made that difficult until maybe my next paycheck.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the expansion pass when I got the game. I'll play it, but I probably won't like it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By whitegreyblack

I paid for the season pass like a fucking idiot, and bought the game digitally (also like a fucking idiot), but it's still about 50/50 I'll bother playing this.

On the other hand, there is a good chance I can fire the expansion up for not a whole lot of hours and see everything except the raid that I don't care to play anyway... so... ... I guess I might play it?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Humanity

I want to keep playing with the friends I made and regularly raid with, but I feel dirty for giving Bungie any more money.

I don't want to lose touch with the cool new friends I made but I just might have to. I've rarely bought DLC and this looks like a really poor place to start. Also we've been raiding for 2 months and I still only have one piece of raid gear. The raid will be exciting the first time but soon fall inline with the rest of the game: going through the motions and hoping Lady Luck will bless you with a good drop.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally done with the game, probably the worst thing I could of imagined Bungie could come up with.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustainium: I'm in the same boat. Really unhappy that the only way to lvl 30 is raid BS

The only level 30 content in the game is the Vault of Glass on hard. If you have no interest in doing the raid, you have no reason to worry about reaching level 30. The highest level content other than hard mode raid is all level 28.

BrettVandelay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: I would really appreciate new subclasses. They have visible slots in the character menu for extra subclasses eventually, but I haven't heard anything about them coming as early as December 9th.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nope, sold the a couple weeks ago.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would only consider it if they reduced the 20 - 30 grind by at least 50%.

Hoping they might do this around the time the expansion comes out to lure people back.

Honestly, though I have better games to play now (smash wii u, fc4, Dragon Age, halo mc collection).

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rangers517

No. I was playing regularly and had 3 characters at 28+, but when I saw how little content is in the dlc I traded the game in. I enjoyed my time with it but it's crazy that this expensive dlc is a few more missions/maps when the main game had so little content to begin with.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#39  Edited By Wemibelle

The only reason I'm playing it now is because it makes a good podcast/GB video game--I play it on one monitor while I get caught up on content on the other. Doing my bounties for the day, the daily story mission, and maybe a few games of Crucible is just enough time to make it through that every day. Without that secondary action, I wouldn't bother. Also, I bought it digitally, so I can't get rid of it--otherwise, it would have been used for something else by now.

There is no way in hell I'm paying $20 for the piddly amount of content coming in the expansion, particularly considering I have no interest in raids or Weekly Strikes that don't have matchmaking. The content doesn't seem worth it, and I'm not giving Activision my support for such a shitty DLC plan.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
    CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a chance in hell, Destiny was the first game I got on launch day in years and it reminded me why I don't do that anymore. Luckily I got it by trading in some games I had sunk plenty of time into, beaten and were done with so it didn't really take anything out of my wallet. I ended up turning around and trading Destiny back in which sucked because I only got $30 bucks for it but I've already spent that on a few cheap games I've already played and enjoyed more than Destiny.
    I'm just saying though, if I had dropped 60 out of pocket I would have been pissed. It is really a shame though because the game is fun and solid mechanically. They just forgot every other part of what makes a game good.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm pretty much done with Destiny for good. I paid $70 for a demo so I won't be giving them anymore money, that includes any sequels as well. I have far better games to play and for $20 I could buy myself a full length game with more than 3 missions.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never left it, well I didn't play much late september to late october but I have been hooked on it for the past month. So I am looking forward to the dlc quite a bit. Really looking forward to more multiplayer maps cause good god the game needs those bad.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Crembaw

Nope. My friends and I got our time out of it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20$ is 40$ too much for that "expansion pack".

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For me at least, the updated form of Iron Banner did a bit to garner some goodwill. It basically allowed the sort of broken late game leveling system to not rely purely on a random number generator.

Still I'm sort of split on the expansion. If my Destiny friends get it, then I probably will as well at some point.

NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NeoTheta

I will play the DLC because I do believe that Bungie is a good enough developer to still make exciting and engaging content. That said, we'll see. Based on how they've been doing lately, it'll be a long way to the top.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No, I had my fill with what I've already played of the game. Maybe if this expansion was a little more substantive though...

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope, I never left. Not even Dragon Age has managed to pry me away from Destiny, thanks to the Iron Banner. And I really love me some Dragon Age. Not sure what it is about Destiny, but I really like that game. It has its flaws (hello material gathering!), but overall it's easily my GotY.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

lolno

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm fairly sure I'll never play Destiny again. I did everything but the raid. I felt like that was just constantly stretching itself and padding itself out to make the pathetic amount of content seem way longer than it is. It's like they made a 6 hour COD-style campaign and then decided it needed to take 20 hours to finish. That shit turned out to be pretty boring. I do not want to pay anything to experience more of that slog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.