Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Brad is going to do the Vault of Glass

• 98 results
    DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Sorry to the duders that invited me into their VoG raid yesterday. I had no idea what in the hell was going on.

I hope this stream is similar to what I encountered. Soooooo looking forward to it. :D

Gonna hear "GODFUCK"s aplenty.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#52 fisk0  Moderator

I'll totally watch them play through this part of Destiny which I have no interest in grinding towards.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By spraynardtatum

I have plans during the day but hopefully I can catch some of it when I get back.

I've been eager to see this stuff though. Too bad they're using Twitch :(

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By SomberOwl

I hope Jeff lightens up a bit on Dbestiny after the raid. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The first time beating it.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has been pushed to 1030 for those wondering

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ikilledthedj: Wait... 10:30? It says 6:30 on the on the Upcoming.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@ikilledthedj: Wait... 10:30? It says 6:30 on the on the Upcoming.

Depends on where from you're browsing. It's 7:30pm for me (Germany).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys it's obviously 1:30

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Shindig

7 minutes. C'mon, Brad. Save me from this tepid England game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BisonHero  Online
    Loading Video...

This is all I think of every time I see the name of the raid.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obcdexter: This. It's 430am for me ahah really should go to bed

GIynny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Premium Only. I will have lost all respect for Giant Bomb. It is this stuff that got it here it is now in the first place.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By csl316

So... who stuck around for this madhouse?

I had it going in the background during football and it seemed to go pretty ok? I only occasionally glanced at it so did you guys feel like it was the best Destiny content yet? Was it fulfilling some of the potential of the game? Once again, it got me intrigued in the game but there's no way I'll get six people together for this.

The stealth section was the worst shit:

No Caption Provided

But it was good to see Jeff kill it through the whole thing and get the best drop at the end:

No Caption Provided

Congrats are in order, I suppose.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, I got up for like 5 minutes at the end and that was when they finally dropped Atheon. What drop did Jeff get?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Destiny but that was brutal. No thank you. Congrats to them though.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Jeff lightens up a bit on Dbestiny after the raid. It's the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. The first time beating it.

I don't think that happened. Hee hee :) Looking forward to all the guys discussing this raid.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 fisk0  Moderator

Man, I just had to brush my teeth and stuff minutes before they apparently finished it.

Nurve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did pretty well considering they went in mostly blind. Was fun watching them slowly but surely figure out the mechanics of the raid.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looked kind of brutal, especially that last part. It was almost like you have execute everything without messing up. But I really want get my hands on that raid next week or so when I hit level 27.

GhettroGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was an amazing stream! Frusterating? Hell yeah.

But was it entertaining as hell? YUP

Brad really took control of the group at the end and I was really impressed with their gradual improvements throughout the raid. Although this killed my productivity for the day, it was pretty awesome watching them finally finish it!

And Jeff getting the best weapon at the end was icing on the cake! Hilarious!

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 fisk0  Moderator

@csl316 said:

I only occasionally glanced at it so did you guys feel like it was the best Destiny content yet? Was it fulfilling some of the potential of the game? Once again, it got me intrigued in the game but there's no way I'll get six people together for this.

The only real improvement to the game I saw in there was the fact that they didn't spawn at the generic spawn point which you start at in every other mission, instead they spawned right outside the entrance, so there was no 5 minute drive from the spawn point to the mission start.

Other than that, I don't know. Most of the raid just looked frustrating. Poorly presented (but at least varied, unlike the rest of the game) mission objectives and stuff like that. The fact that the exit to that fucking stealth section was a near invisible dark cave instead of lit up was pretty fucking dumb from a design perspective.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I so love that Jeff got the legendary drop. Oh Destiny, you and your amazing loot system.

"Great, now I have a weapon I'm never gonna use."

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By jakob187

That looked kind of brutal, especially that last part. It was almost like you have execute everything without messing up.

That's basically any raid in any game, honestly. One wrong step can lead to a full wipe. That thing was a bit more brutal, though. The insta-wipe crap from a debuff and the inability to shake those Gorgons once you are spotted, or even that debuff... That's just a little too gnarly.

Nonetheless, grats to the guys that cleared it. Sucks that there's no guarantee of loot for completion.

roli_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't get to watch it all..i had to drop off at the end. Hopefully the VOD will be up on the site?

Valient26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.twitch.tv/bradshoemaker/b/577477349

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a lot different about da raid from the main content, if you say otherwise you crazy...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Sterling

Was Brad the only one streaming it? Was Jeff or anyone else also streaming it? Missed it, but wouldn't mind watching it from different view points when I get around to it.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By Marz

it was kind of funny Jeff got that gun even though it sounded like he just wanted to experience the raid once and stop playing Destiny afterwards.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

And although that gun seems exciting, I have a Legendary version of the same gun called Unwilling Soul-09 and I can tell you they really aren't all that fun in practice. The impact on the rounds is so low and the recoil so severe that any attempt to focus on what you're shooting at is kind of foolish. I keep trying to grind it's XP for use in the Crucible when I'm doing lower tier stuff but whenever I'm doing anything even slightly taxing like a Vanguard Tiger playlist I have to switch back to The Devil You Know, my Legendary hand cannon. It holds 12 rounds and one-shot kills anything with a head shot other than bosses and knights/wizards/etc. type enemies, whereas even at 257 attack a freaking Goblin will absorb half a clip from this other gun.

In fact I often think of breaking it down for parts and just using my Rare Galahad-E. Fully upgraded it would have a lower attack stat than the Soul-09 does now but just does so much more damage per shot that I'm really not sure what Attack even means. Impact seems way more important.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably missed something; only jeff got a drop? I understand he got the kill shot but that's pretty shitty for the rest if that's the case.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I missed this due to timezones. Can anyone tell me if they are archiving this to the site?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I believe the drops are similar to the rest of the game (i.e. randomly assigned, not everyone gets something aside from crafting mats and a color scheme)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#84  Edited By Hailinel

@rowr said:

I missed this due to timezones. Can anyone tell me if they are archiving this to the site?

I'm not aware if any announcements were made regarding that, but if they do, it will be broken down into multiple videos just because of its length.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@hailinel said:

@rowr said:

I'm not aware if any announcements were made regarding that, but if they do, it will be broken down into multiple videos just because of its length.

I can't remember if they said one way or the other, but they talked about archiving it on the latest UPF. It'll more than likely end up on the site at some point or another.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Grillbar
    Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and some duders went and tried the hard mode version of the raid and if you thought that was nuts, hard mode is 1000x more nuts. You basically can't die because you can't be revived until you reach a check point or everyone wipes. Whoever thought of that needs to be punched in the throat.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By Rowr
    whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By whitegreyblack

I have to say:

I am really impressed at their progress unraveling and learning the raid, since they went in pretty much blind. If only I had held on for another half-hour or so, I would have seen them complete the raid live.

Also, and I found this MOST surprising:

Jeff DANCED AT THE END... probably because he never has to play Destiny ever again.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ripelivejam: I believe the drops are similar to the rest of the game (i.e. randomly assigned, not everyone gets something aside from crafting mats and a color scheme)

Once again Destiny surprises me as that is insane. I know this happens very often everywhere else. I would grind my teeth every time the lowest scoring person on my crucible team would get a purple engram while people in the second or even first spots got nothing. But for a multiple-hour raid to just get some materials in the end? Not even one guaranteed piece of unique loot? I know Destiny doesn't respect the players time but thats just really something else.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bailed out when they were pretty close to to finding their way through the Labyrinth, that part seems terrible, a semi-bad stealth section with a near invisible exit... Yeah great design Bungie.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I can't wait to hear the after thoughts on this week's podcast.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lelcar said:

I can't wait to hear the after thoughts on this week's podcast.

hell I want a podcast with all the raid members talking about it

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Everybody gets drops for defeating each boss and then you also have the loot chests. You are guaranteed drops, they aren't random chance. What is chance is what drop you exactly get. But it's always Legendary something.

Either Ascendant Shards or Energy materials, or (really good) Legendary weapons or Raid armor. The final boss can drop the best Legendary weapons in the game, materials and/or the shader.

On my latest Raid run, I was 'unlucky' enough to get 2 Legendary weapons and 9 Ascendant Shards out of it. I wanted that Raid armor. But still pretty good reward for 1,5 hour of (fun) time investment.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@grillbar: thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Was getting worried about it not being posted at all and that I missed out. Thanks again!

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

And although that gun seems exciting, I have a Legendary version of the same gun called Unwilling Soul-09 and I can tell you they really aren't all that fun in practice. The impact on the rounds is so low and the recoil so severe that any attempt to focus on what you're shooting at is kind of foolish. I keep trying to grind it's XP for use in the Crucible when I'm doing lower tier stuff but whenever I'm doing anything even slightly taxing like a Vanguard Tiger playlist I have to switch back to The Devil You Know, my Legendary hand cannon. It holds 12 rounds and one-shot kills anything with a head shot other than bosses and knights/wizards/etc. type enemies, whereas even at 257 attack a freaking Goblin will absorb half a clip from this other gun.

In fact I often think of breaking it down for parts and just using my Rare Galahad-E. Fully upgraded it would have a lower attack stat than the Soul-09 does now but just does so much more damage per shot that I'm really not sure what Attack even means. Impact seems way more important.

Nah man Atheon's Epilogue is awesome and quite different from Unwilling Soul-09, a gun i was looking to use before i got Atheon's.

Its main strength is its void damage as a primary weapon. You can have a bullet hose doing 300% damage with the void burn modifier in nightfall strikes.

My upgrades give me better stability the longer it is fired. This is great because the mag cap is something like 80 ROUNDS so there's just more dakka everywhere, but headshots aren't impossible either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.