Destiny alpha codes from Amazon incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3759 posts) -

Just a quick notice. If you need a Destiny alpha code, and you pre-ordered at Amazon, check your e-mail. Not sure if it's everyone or random pre-orders, but they're sending out more codes. This also means that a number of people who are already in the alpha should have extra codes to give away.

MOD EDIT: An Amazon pre-order gets you a beta key in July. The alpha codes are being sent out wider than that (likely based on prior video game purchases), no pre-order required.

#2 Posted by WesleyWyndam (160 posts) -

L23A-25NC-DBT6

#3 Posted by maverick1 (92 posts) -

I'll never understand why people pay to play unfinished games.

#4 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3759 posts) -

For the same reason people want to play demos. To see if they enjoy the game.

#5 Posted by maverick1 (92 posts) -

Demos are free.

#6 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (424 posts) -

I got a code even though I didn't preorder the game. But I'm already in so I'll just dump it in-case someone else hasn't found a code yet.

A8LK-MDNQ-LBB6

#7 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3759 posts) -

@maverick1 said:

Demos are free.

So is this.

[edit] It is free, but I misread your original post as "want to play" instead of "pay to play."

#8 Posted by Zevvion (1912 posts) -

Because they can be really good games even when unfinished. I played Don't Starve a lot when it was alpha and it was really good. I play Prison Architect from time to time and that game is a lot of fun. Unfinished games can be better than 'finished' games. And most of them are things unique enough to where you can't get it anywhere else.

That's why.

#9 Posted by DrZing (85 posts) -

I got one from Amazon but almost certainly never even looked at the Destiny page there. Probably they are just sending them to anyone who bought a PS4 and/or games from Amazon, or something like that. I got a code the other day so I don't need this one. Hope it finds a good home.

HG5Q-27NJ-9AM4

#10 Posted by falpatrick (173 posts) -

If anyone gets a European key that's spare; can you pm me it please? Been trying to get a code for ages. I signed up and didn't get one >;(

#11 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@maverick1 said:

Because above else videogame are about spending/wasting your time on your own terms - i.e. having a good time. Why would a game being unfinished inherently not lend itself to having a good time? It just points to a greater problem, if you cannot enjoy a game that's not finished yet - like you feel you have better things to do with your time than playing games. That might well be true, depending on what you want from life - for sure.

#12 Posted by Fattony12000 (7461 posts) -
#13 Posted by maverick1 (92 posts) -

@seppli: I'm an old school gamer. I've playing video for 20+ years so i just have different mind set. Getting into betas used to used be free back when I was younger. By no means am i trying to tell anyone what to do with thier money. I just wish people would be a bit wiser with thier own money. As members of the gaming community we're all in this together.

#14 Edited by A_E_Martin (252 posts) -

@maverick1 said:

@seppli: I'm an old school gamer. I've playing video for 20+ years so i just have different mind set. Getting into betas used to used be free back when I was younger. By no means am i trying to tell anyone what to do with thier money. I just wish people would be a bit wiser with thier own money. As members of the gaming community we're all in this together.

Who's paying to play the beta? Beta keys come with pre-orders, and pre-orders aren't billed till the product is shipping (or possibly several weeks after the product has shipped), at least at places where I shop.

#15 Posted by fragilenin (44 posts) -

Here is my amazon code if anyone wants it:

3NFE-36N7-RH5D

I'm already in through PS proper.

#16 Posted by Consaw (250 posts) -

I don't think you had to pre-order to get a code. I got one this morning and haven't pre-ordered anything.

#17 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -
#18 Posted by handlas (2685 posts) -

I'm playing and I have not bought Destiny.

And good for them. My thoughts went from disinterest to definitely buying.

#19 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1055 posts) -

@handlas said:

@maverick1 said:

I'm playing and I have not bought Destiny.

And good for them. My thoughts went from disinterest to definitely buying.

Same here, I went from really not giving a shit about this game to pre ordering off the psn store this morning. Got into alpha last night and I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait for the full game.

#20 Posted by Solidsnak (135 posts) -

Hell, they sent me a code and I never even pre-ordered

#21 Posted by EternalMesh (72 posts) -
#22 Edited by Khariz (3 posts) -

Here's another free code if anyone needs it:

Code: HCCT-QFNE-3L8C

#23 Edited by A_E_Martin (252 posts) -

@mooseymcman said:

@fattony12000 said:

@fattony12000 said:
@fattony12000 said:
@fattony12000 said:

The "beta" is coming to PS3 and PS4 on July 17, by the way.

@fattony12000 @mooseymcman Dude, why do you guys keep posting this everywhere? We're talking about the ALPHA, which is on right now.

Also, yeah, people seem to be confusing the alpha and the beta all over the place. Beta codes are only being given to those who pre-order, alpha codes have been distributed widely and generously.

#24 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5598 posts) -

Uhh... you get a "Beta" code by preordering the game. The alpha was just for people who registered earlier in the week.

#25 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -

@a_e_martin: To be clear, the only reason I quoted him was because I thought the train of "Fattony12000 said" was funny. I've been playing and enjoying the Alpha.

#26 Posted by Chaser324 (6590 posts) -

I got a code even though I didn't preorder the game.

The pre-order is for a beta code. Amazon is sending alpha codes out a lot wider than that - probably just anyone that has ever purchased a video game from them before.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -

I got one from Amazon too but I didn't pre-order. Here, have it.

4B5G-2FNN-9P4Q

#28 Edited by Fattony12000 (7461 posts) -

@mooseymcman: LOL, thanks.

@a_e_martin: Because I want to let people with *just* PS3s know that they'll still be able to get a chance to play a bit of Bungie's new video game for free, just a month after the alpha finishes. I'm nice like that.

PS4-only alpha

June 12 - June 15

PS4 (PS+ required) and PS3 beta

July 17 - TBA

#29 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11138 posts) -
#30 Posted by SSully (4199 posts) -

HFHQHLN334A

Enjoy!

#31 Posted by Steadying (1275 posts) -

@ssully: missed a letter or number there! xP

#32 Edited by A_E_Martin (252 posts) -

@fattony12000: Ah, well, a bit of a strange way of getting that message across, but that's an admirable cause nonetheless. :)

#33 Posted by csl316 (8775 posts) -

This is the first time since Halo 3 that I'm really, really sore about missing sign ups for one of these things.

#34 Posted by R2KA (6 posts) -

BJE7-Q3ND-9TN8

#35 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

Ooh, I didn't know PS3 users were getting beta access too. Looks like that PS4 purchase can wait a couple of months.

#36 Edited by Fattony12000 (7461 posts) -

@fattony12000: Ah, well, a bit of a strange way of getting that message across, but that's an admirable cause nonetheless. :)

Me? Strange!?

never

#37 Posted by SSully (4199 posts) -
#38 Posted by Chaser324 (6590 posts) -
Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.