Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Giant Bomb Destiny Crucible Tournament (PS4)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

The Teams Have Been Set. The Tournament Bracket Can Be Found Here:

http://challonge.com/GBDestiny

No Caption Provided

I will be sending PSN messages to all the participants later tonight.

Original Post:

Destiny: Rise of Iron has been released, and with it has come a long requested PVP feature: private matches.

Since Destiny first came out I've wanted to organize a Giant Bomb community tournament, but until private matches were added it was impossible. Now that they're here, it seems like a good time to do it with a lot of people active in the game playing the new Rise of Iron content. It should be noted, however, that you do not need Rise of Iron to access private matches.

The tournament will be the game mode elimination (Trials of Osiris game mode), and team size will be dependent on the number of participants we have. Once the teams are set, I'll determine seeding by looking up everyone's crucible stats and manually seeding the bracket based on player strength. I'll allow people to choose teammates if they have friends they want to play with and I'll assemble the solo players into teams and try to make them as even as I can based on the information available (destinytracker, trials report, etc.)

For the tournament bracket, I'm thinking double elimination with best 2 of 3 for each round. For the first two matches of a round, each team will choose the map once. If it goes to a third match, the team with the most total points will choose the third map (for example, if the first two matches were scores of 5-3 and 5-4 with each team winning one, the overall score would 9-8 and the team with 9 would choose the map for the third match). The number of rounds in the bracket will depend on the number of teams we end up having.

If you would like to participate, leave your PSN ID in this thread. Also be sure to include the PSN names of friends you'd like on your team and I will consider that their entry as well. I can't guarantee that all of them will be on your team because I don't know the team size yet, but include as many people as you want and I'll try to keep those groups as teammates in some capacity. Please only include the names of people you know will participate. It would also be helpful to include your timezone and the times of day you're typically available to play.

If you're concerned about your PVP skill, this isn't intended to be ultra serious. I will do my very best to make the teams as even as possible and avoid having any one team be stacked with only very good players or only weaker players.

This won't kick off until at least next weekend, or possibly later (or never) if there isn't enough interest within the next week. Once we have a enough people to start, I'll make a PSN message thread with everyone included, which will be an easier way to schedule matches and communicate than using Giant Bomb.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sign me up

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Yeah, I'm down as well. Let me know if there is room on a team with you guys if you put in multiple or if I need to assemble a team myself from Trials friends. I thought this was a great idea when you were talking about it the other day. I really hope enough people sign up for it to become a thing.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By Zevvion

I'm in.

Avatar image for deactivated-587b6acd5d124
    deactivated-587b6acd5d124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in that.

PSN: JackieChansFoot

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Are there going to be any official rules? Such as no class specific weapons or no duplicate Subclasses? Or is it anything goes?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

I'm in.

Do you have any friends/clanmates you'd want as your teammates?

@ll_exile_ll: Are there going to be any official rules? Such as no class specific weapons or no duplicate Subclasses? Or is it anything goes?

Nah, anything is fine. Maybe no Rise of Iron artifacts if we have a significant amount of people participating that don't have the new expansion, but other than that anything is fine in terms of gear or weapons.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Sign me up pls

spec_ops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spec_ops07

I'm down for that

PSN:Stryder112

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I don't think so. I'm the only one that seems to consistently play Trials.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm up for this but I'm pretty terrible at crucible. PSN is Beefygrandmole. How about teaming up @Zevvion?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@zevvion said:

@ll_exile_ll: I don't think so. I'm the only one that seems to consistently play Trials.

Do you think you could spread the word to Cerberus Wolves for anyone in the clan that doesn't regularly visit the GB forums?

@hestilllives19 could you do the same for BatmanBatmanBatman?

For anyone in your clans that may not be super into PVP, this isn't intended to be an ultra sweaty tournament, just a nice way for the GB Destiny community to come together and have some fun.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zevvion

@ll_exile_ll: Last time I checked, you were pretty good. Sounds like you just want to make people cry in Elimination. But sure, I'll ask some. Seems like @beefygrandmole is in, so I can team up with him.

EDIT: @transwave also wanted to join (if his username in Destiny is the same as his GB username that is).

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Will do, talked to King and Mech about it last night and they just said "PvP, your so funny." I think that's a no from those two, haha. I was actually planning on asking @morrelloman to squad up with me but he also has a few friends from GB he might already be planning on running it with. Is that the case Morrello? Also, if you see this before tonight I think we are doing another Raid attempt if you want in on alts to get up to that same part. Then finish it if we have the time.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@hestilllives19 I'm all in for this PVP tourney. I was posting solo so would def wanna squad up with you.

Planning to be on tonight to try and run my last nightfall. Goin to try and watch the debates like an adult, so keep me as a maybe for the raid.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hestilllives19

@morrelloman: Sounds good. Ugh, the debates, I personally think we would be much better off without a President for 4 years than either of those jokers. So I'll be playing Destiny, and will definitely send you an invite if I see you on tonight.

crasstiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, I would love to join the tournament. I don't have much trials experience but I like to think I can hold my ground in pvp. This sounds like a fun time. psn: CrassTiger / no teammates

Sethster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to join up, not sure about my schedule. I'm decent at pvp (kind of). Not much trials experience. Just looking to get in with a regular group.

PSN:Dwight_Locke

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm in.

Psn: darkjohnny47

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@ll_exile_ll: Last time I checked, you were pretty good. Sounds like you just want to make people cry in Elimination. But sure, I'll ask some. Seems like @beefygrandmole is in, so I can team up with him.

EDIT: @transwave also wanted to join (if his username in Destiny is the same as his GB username that is).

I am going to make sure the teams are as even as possible, putting strong players on teams with weaker players. Ideally, everyone will have a fighting chance.

I've made this clearer in the OP in case anyone were to decide against participating for fear of being steamrolled.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Lashe

Definitely into this.

My PSN: Lashe1107

I also have a few friends interested (would be ideal if we could enter as a team in some combination or another)

Their PSNs: karbon_fourteen mciegend thliveros

transwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

It is, and I do, although I'm bad so you'll need someone to balance me out :)

Also, It would be rad to get the GB destiny community together to do some dumb custom matches as well - there are a bunch of fun rulesets out there that people have come up with.

I'm west coast US (GMT-8).

PSN: transwave

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transwave: Yeah, Raids are taking up a lot of our time right now but last week we did a lot of that and it is obnoxiously fun. There is Dodgeball (sticky grenades across a line, preferably Titan Bubbles), Muskets and Swords (RU's own creation that's so great there are few words, No Land Beyonds and Sword Hilts vs other No Land Beyonds and Sword Hilts, you just have to have 2x No Lands vs the amount of Swords, on Elimination), Zombies (Swords for Zombies with Hud on, Hud off for Survivors and Hand Cannons only hipfire, nighttime map, on Mayhem, max 7 players), and another popular mode where you do hud off Elimination at Nighttime, I think people call it Spec Ops. Those are great and when things slow back down I think we will start that up again.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im in as long as its on a weekend lol. PSN : Thevamp25

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fuck it lets go PSN is Uppercaseccc.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im in as long as its on a weekend lol. PSN : Thevamp25

This whole thing probably won't be done all at once. We'll schedule individual matches around the availability of both teams.

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to post a final update before I get the ball rolling on starting this up. We currently have enough players signed up for the tournament to proceed with 3 players per team. However, if it were to start now the bracket would necessitate some teams having a bye in the first round.

If we were to get 5 more players signed up, we would have an ideal number of teams for a full bracket. I'll give it a little more time to see if anyone else is interested, but if no one else signs up we'll proceed as it is now. Participants should expect to be contacted sometime next week with their teams and match-ups for the first round of games.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Can you post a list of the current signed members? I can see if I can convince some people to join still.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@ll_exile_ll: Can you post a list of the current signed members? I can see if I can convince some people to join still.

• Il_Exile_lI
    • AcidBrandon
    • Pyrodacyl1991
    • VeggiesBro
    • Hestilllives19
    • Zevvion
    • JackieChansFoot
    • Morrelloman
    • Stryder112
    • Beffygrandmole
    • transwave
    • crasstiger
    • dwight_locke
    • Darkjohnny47
    • Lashe1107
    • Karbon_fourteen
    • mciegend
    • thevamp25
    • uppercaseccc
    Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: So ideally we need about 5 more guys to sign up to have 8 teams.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps @lasaan and Pascy would like to sign up. Now that they've experienced Trials is fun and this is just a less sweaty set up of that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

Perhaps @lasaan and Pascy would like to sign up. Now that they've experienced Trials is fun and this is just a less sweaty set up of that.

Do you have confirmation that these two players are going to participate? I'm going to assemble the teams very soon and I need a final player count.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I'm guessing they won't. I've asked a few times, but more than 'I'll look into it' hasn't been said.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hestilllives19

@ll_exile_ll: So what do we have right now, 19? Did @lashe's friend thliveros drop? If he's still on board we could have 5 teams of 4 and do a kind of round robin type thing. Everyone plays everyone, then top two teams play each other.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

• Il_Exile_lI
    • AcidBrandon
    • Pyrodacyl1991
    • VeggiesBro
    • Hestilllives19
    • Zevvion
    • JackieChansFoot
    • Morrelloman
    • Stryder112
    • Beffygrandmole
    • transwave
    • crasstiger
    • dwight_locke
    • Darkjohnny47
    • Lashe1107
    • Karbon_fourteen
    • mciegend
    • thevamp25
    • uppercaseccc

Holy, I signed up without having to post! Look at that.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veggiesbro: Don't be too excited. You, Exile and Pyro are not allowed to use special weapons, heavy weapons, supers, Exotics and Rise of Iron Artifacts. That way you will only win slightly instead of curb stomping the rest of us.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I'll join in

PSN: I_NoScoped_Bambi

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow: Nice. You're using kids' own ideas of coolness against their greatest hero.

cwal37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same response as before, sure.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have updated the original post with a link to the tournament bracket. I will be contacting people on PSN tonight, and then we can start scheduling matches.

@shadow said:

I'll join in

PSN: I_NoScoped_Bambi

Unfortunately I had already assembled the teams and created the bracket. I can squeeze in one more team but you'd need two teammates to bring with you, otherwise I can keep you as an alternate in the event that someone is unable to participate.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh you're putting me against Pyro right off the bat, okay. Remember @pyrodactyl no Supers, no special, no heavy, no Exotics and your other two teammates jump off the map. Just to make it fair.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teams seem really good. I'm glad to see @uppercaseccc with me. As one of the newer guys in BatmanBatmanBatman I've been wanting a chance to get to know him and some of the others so this should be a great way to do that.

Hopefully @shadow can get two other players or two others sign up. It would be nice to have a full 8 teams so nobody has a free round.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.