Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Grinding to a Fault in Destiny.

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity: I disagree on that. People just have this mindset that if the game isn't AAA, it's not worthwhile. They're packaging away Spelunky this month for the console that the game hasn't even been released on yet. Is Spelunky somehow not worthwhile because it exists on other platforms?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

The grinding is going to eventually get to me, but right now? Despite it's flaws, the game keeps dragging me back.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@jesus_phish: It's not worthwhile to me because I don't ever plan on playing it as it's just not my kind of game. That of course in of itself does not have any bearing on the games quality. It's a case by case situation where for some people maybe it's the best month ever while for others it's a bunch of games they already own or don't care about.

Incidentally I would in fact make a strong argument that triple A games definitely matter more and they are more worthwhile. There are plenty of amazing smaller games. I love Mark of the Ninja - it's a brilliant game. It's obviously a lot less substantial than lets say Metal Gear Solid 3. Two totally different games, well maybe the sneaking is a weak common thread, but MGS3 is definitely more "worthwhile" in terms of gametime, story, systems. Now you might hate the Metal Gear series in which case all of the above means nothing to you, in which case plug in any triple A game you enjoyed a lot to complete the comparison.

Big budget titles are always going to be more "worthwhile" than arcade ones by nature of being bigger, broader games. This doesn't de-value smaller games, it just means that bigger ones are, well bigger.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity: Ah ok. I took from you saying " but as of right now there is just nothing worthwhile to give" being a blanket of "there's nothing of value on the PS+ offers for PS4" which most people who say equate to "where's my AAA titles?" so that's just a misunderstanding on my part.

But I wouldn't agree that big budget titles being better by nature. Dust: An Elysian Tale is a better metroid-vania game than any actual Metroid or Castlevania related offering in previous years and it's nowhere near the budget of those games. Games should have their worthiness determined by how good they are, how much you get out of them rather than budget. I'd class something like Binding of Isaac as more worthwhile than the latest CoD of Battlefield.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Humanity

@jesus_phish: Well largely it's a matter of taste. I wouldn't touch Dust with a ten foot pole and thats not only because of the nature of the animated characters. Then again I have a really eclectic taste in gaming so who knows. I thought Shovel Knight showed a tragic lack of imagination and it was even more depressing that people were head over heels excited for a developer to recreate a gaming experience from 20 years ago. This is an entirely unpopular opinion I realize.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@humanity: Shovel Knight is a fantastic game!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman: Ehh .. (I'm doing that motion where you kinda wiggle your palm left and right indicating so-so)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.