Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

How has the network been holding up for everyone?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nodima

I said a day or two ago in the Early Impressions thread that one of the most impressive things about this game, especially being that it just launched, was how stable the servers were. From Tuesday to Thursday I experienced just one server error boot, and it was Thursday. But today I've been booted from the game six times, including from the cutscene (which I'm sure is nonsense) from the end of the final Mars Story mission. I just got through the spider tank section of my first run on a Vanguard Strike of Earth and was booted, the previous game I was in was a Vanguard strike of the Moon and I was also booted from that.

It's super discouraging to be gaining all these things and making all this progress only to be suddenly kicked from the situation (to the game's credit, it does appear to save SUPER often as I've never lost any XP or drops, it just stinks to miss out on the end mission rewards). I'm hoping this is just a random fluke, but I was curious what others' experiences with the network --specifically-- have been. Was anyone else super impressed with the first week's performance overall? Has anyone else experienced a few more issues as the weekend creeps onward and more people dig into their games?

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I've been off work all week so played at various times of the day and night (in Europe).

Nights, really stable. Occasional drop maybe once or twice in a night.

Days/afternoons - near on unplayable. Drops every 5-10 minutes and simply impossible to get anything done.

Judging by reaction of Bungies forums, I'm not the only person to have issues.

Rampent speculation alert - I wonder if they are running fewer servers during the day in expectation of lower user loads, but have underestimated and therefore before flooded. Would make sense seeing how evenings are stable yet likely to have significantly higher concurrent users.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a stable connection, granted I haven't played a whole lot this week. Two of my friends who I play with seem to have semi-frequent issues, they're both on the same network, different consoles at their house.

Finalcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been happening to me as well. I think it has happened 4-5 times in the last 24 hours. It seems to happen espesially often in instanced content like strikes or pvp matches.

i just got booted while killing the boss of a strike 10 minutes ago. All that time invested down the drain. No rewards or bonus xp for finishing. Pretty game breaking -_-

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've been booted maybe 5 or 6 times total, but waaay less than i thought i would.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing mainly during nights so I haven't been booted yet. I'm also having a good time with this game; the shooting feels nice, I just wish the story was better but I can easily overlook that if they can make the social stuff better.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got kicked twice on Wednesday, other than that no issues.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShapeOfDespair

I don't know if this counts or not but i keep getting that baboon error. it usually happens right around the same spot. i mostly to get dropped right after i get control for the first time in the beginning of the game, though a few times i made it into the building before it died. Earlier tonight i had my best run of about 5 minutes of ACTUALLY playing the game and controlling a character! I've basically tried a few times a night since tuesday to get going.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Sooperspy

I haven't had any problems yet. Genuinely surprised at how well the servers have held up.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Intermittent boots on Tuesday, Thursday, and tonight as well. Everything finally evened out a bit tonight after a while and I was able to get a few strike missions in without getting booted.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not playing a ton but so far I have had 0 issues. To be fair I've only played like 3 pvp matches and I've probably put max 5 hours into the story, always playing solo.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Calmgamer

I would guess I'm 7 hours into story (just past first Venus mission) and I only have had one "error encountered" message - was able to jump right back in. Overall I'm pretty thrilled with the stability. I'm in the Mountain Western time zone (U.S.) and play primarily evening and nights. Have only done 3 Strike missions though - primarily playing solo first time through.

Reading these posts its clear I've been lucky. Knock on wood.

Dan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#15 riostarwind  Moderator

I've had about 5 disconnects spread over the five days it's been out. Pretty sure it only happened during a story mission or patrols.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually got past the beginning of the game when i tried again today. after about 20-30 minutes i got a new error, though. Impala. Then after i reconnected i got grape error. and then back to baboon on subsequent retries. i didn't have any of these problems in the beta on PS3, but it doesn't seem to want me to play on PS4.

jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been going fine for me until today, I got disconnected from one crucible lobby earlier this week, but so far I've gotten 3 disconnects today. Dunno whats up, maybe the servers are getting hammered a bit more this first weekend after release.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There was one time when, during a load before a mission, I got kicked out because it lost connection to the server. But aside from that (pretty bad) one thing, it's been perfectly fine.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19 chaser324  Moderator

Dropped a connection once on launch day. No issues beyond that, and I've played up to level 22 with one character.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By poisonmonkey

Been dropped out of patrol missions on PS4 a few times tonight in the UK due to server issues (Saturday 13th September) but has been solid up until then, hope they get this drop out sorted soon though.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing on and off everyday since release and haven't had any problems yet. I was on patrol on the Moon earlier today and it said something about the server at the bottom of the screen but it didn't seem to affect myself or any of the other players in the area.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've played it three times and never had a problem with the server stability. I didn't think Bungie would screw it up. Activision has a lot of experience with massive multiplayer experiences between Blizzard and COD.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By TheHT

I get a lot of general connection issues. Only once did I get Centipede which threw me back to the main menu. Otherwise it's Bee, Baboon, or Fly. I just got Cacao, which like those others are "general networking errors" that Bungie is "actively tracking".

:\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.