Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Just waiting waiting waiting...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So who else is just biding their time waiting for some proper full reviews of the whole thing before they decide whether to pick up Destiny? I keep searching for full reviews and all I can find is "first impressions", "review in progress", "Is Destiny any good?" articles and none seem to be conclusive yet.

Come on people, pull an all-nighter and help out the folks like me who want someone to tell them whether they should drop £50 on this shizzle! :)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

There are countless hours of video and people streaming at all times, more than enough for you to make your own decision rather than have someone else tell you their opinions accompanied by a number between 1 and 10. You know what you'd like much better than any reviewer, watch the game in action for a couple of hours and make your own decision.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: fair enough. I think it's the issues brought up by Jeff in the morning stream he and Brad did and the Quick Look that make me hesitate. I can see what the gameplay is sure but I'd like to know if things pick up and get engaging from a narrative perspective because I think ill be one of these people who will get bored of it if it's all a bit dry and repetitive.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the first two areas (Earth and Moon) are any indication, the story is pretty paper thin. That said, this is the first game where I'm having more fun playing with friends than actually caring much about the story. If you like to play FPS with friends I'd say it's worth it.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jorbit

@agentzigzag: You could always buy it from a store that does returns and just see if you like it for a few days. If it's too boring then just return it.

I've already decided to pass on it after seeing most people thinking it's pretty "meh." The Quick Look and some other game footage just makes me not want it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Don't buy this game for the story. It's all flash and no substance. I finished the story and I felt like I accomplished nothing. Look to the game play and the multiplayer to see if you'll like it because that's what you're going to spend most of the game doing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@agentzigzag: Here is my mini review.

IF you have friends to play this with you might all have a pretty decent time.

IF like myself you don't have anyone to play with and go at it alone, it's a dreadfully boring experience.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

So who else is just biding their time waiting for some proper full reviews of the whole thing before they decide whether to pick up Destiny? I keep searching for full reviews and all I can find is "first impressions", "review in progress", "Is Destiny any good?" articles and none seem to be conclusive yet.

Come on people, pull an all-nighter and help out the folks like me who want someone to tell them whether they should drop £50 on this shizzle! :)

Bungie said some jazz asking reviewers to hold off on hasty reviews and to play it through, so it seems like that is what most reviewers are doing. It's a little ridiculous though that still no reviews have dropped from the major sites. There is a lot of "review in progress" stuff going on but it doesn't seem entirely helpful at this stage, which at least indicates the game isn't an immediate must buy.

Just hold of a bit longer, surely reviews will drop soon.

There are countless hours of video and people streaming at all times, more than enough for you to make your own decision rather than have someone else tell you their opinions accompanied by a number between 1 and 10. You know what you'd like much better than any reviewer, watch the game in action for a couple of hours and make your own decision.

I wish people would fuck off with this shit.

Not everyone has the time or desire to watch people stream it and even if they did, it can't give a full picture on the intricacies of how it feels or how things fit together on the whole. I'm sure it sounds good to you when you phrase it like everyone who needs a review is a sheep, but some people want a definitive run down and explanation of a game from someone they trust and identify with before they purchase.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11 chaser324  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.