Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Looking to create a semi-serious clan

• 52 results
    Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zevvion

I've been part of the Lincoln thing, but in my experience it doesn't work out. I don't think I've even spoken to one of the other members before. I've been part of a super serious clan after that, which was a blast, but now I'm looking for something less serious.

I'm creating a clan for it. It's on PS4 and the clan name is Cerberus Wolves. Search for it on Bungie.net and request to join.

My pitch is this: I want a clan where we talk to each other and are open to other clan members joining your game on the fly if they see you playing. But none of this 'you need to Raid once a week' or any other needing to do things. This should be a clan where you can pop in the game, look who is playing and then join to do whatever. If you don't want to play for a week, month or even year, that's fine. Nobody should be dependent on you. Also, if people from this clan see you're online playing a different game, they shouldn't bother you if you want to join for the Nightfall or whatever. In the end, you choose to play the game, and when you do so, there is a list of people who are happy to have you. In addition, this will not be a clan where max level Gjallarhorn is mandatory or nonsense like that. That's the clan I want, and I want to create it.

As such, this will be a very inclusion oriented clan. None of this needing to have max leveled weapons and whatnot. Of course, if you're a low level 27, you can't expect other members to want to do a Hard Raid with you though. But I think that speaks for itself. Otherwise, I have no problem having some lower level guys on an activity I feel confident in doing like a Nightfall or regular Raid.

Does anyone want to be part of such a open, friendly clan? I have three max level characters myself, but I'm basically open to take anyone.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

You can join my clan if you like. We have 6 members currently, with at least four members that play daily. I myself play pretty much daily. We all have mics and are all cool patient dudes. Lemme know if you're interested and I'll message you the name.

EDIT: sorry didn't realize you wanted to make the clan yourself. Well either way the offer still stands.

shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By shorthair

What platform(s)?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By HH

it's a pity this hasn't gotten more traction, the game really goes up a notch when you're working with people who communicate well, which only really happens after playing together for a time.

at any rate I'm down to join, the conditions sound ideal for me, the one stipulation i have is if we're doing things like nightfalls i want to avoid tactics like hiding in the entrance where mobs can't get you, which i think is do-able if the team is communicating and working together, and not at all do-able if they're not. if it takes deaths and restarts to get into a rhythym then so be it, i'd sooner that than cheese through everything.

I'm not playing too much at the moment, I'm hooked on Diablo right now, i do jump on at least once a week to earn and spend coins, but i'll be day one for the next expansion for sure.

31 hunter, also down for pvp, although be warned i'm an inconsistent crucible player, some days i'm top of the pile, others i can't get shit together. Gimme_H

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

it's a pity this hasn't gotten more traction, the game really goes up a notch when you're working with people who communicate well, which only really happens after playing together for a time.

at any rate I'm down to join, the conditions sound ideal for me, the one stipulation i have is if we're doing things like nightfalls i want to avoid tactics like hiding in the entrance where mobs can't get you, which i think is do-able if the team is communicating and working together, and not at all do-able if they're not. if it takes deaths and restarts to get into a rhythym then so be it, i'd sooner that than cheese through everything.

I'm not playing too much at the moment, I'm hooked on Diablo right now, i do jump on at least once a week to earn and spend coins, but i'll be day one for the next expansion for sure.

31 hunter, also down for pvp, although be warned i'm an inconsistent crucible player, some days i'm top of the pile, others i can't get shit together. Gimme_H

There are literally Nightfalls that are impossible to do without hiding in doorways or whatever, especially if there is any type of burn modifier. Finding a tactical location to shoot the enemies and retreat out of distance is not cheesing the game. The enemies leash for a reason. For example, I'd like to see anyone do this weeks Nightfall, which has a triple burn modifier on it, without trying to funnel the last boss through the cave area 300 style.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are literally Nightfalls that are impossible to do without hiding in doorways or whatever, especially if there is any type of burn modifier. Finding a tactical location to shoot the enemies and retreat out of distance is not cheesing the game. The enemies leash for a reason. For example, I'd like to see anyone do this weeks Nightfall, which has a triple burn modifier on it, without trying to funnel the last boss through the cave area 300 style.

i'm fine with finding a tactical location and hunkering down as long as it's inside the map, it's when a team gets to the boss room, stops outside, and just shoots through the doorway that pisses me off, no-one even wants to try anything, most people seem to just want the rewards.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

@liquidprince said:

i'm fine with finding a tactical location and hunkering down as long as it's inside the map, it's when a team gets to the boss room, stops outside, and just shoots through the doorway that pisses me off, no-one even wants to try anything, most people seem to just want the rewards.

If you're seeing the boss, then technically you are in the map. Standing out of firing distance and using the area where the enemies leash as cover is just what makes most sense. Like I said, if you think otherwise, try doing this weeks Nightfall without employing some of those types of tactics.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

@hh said:

@liquidprince said:

I think if you've done a boss fight about 100 times already, and Destiny is built around repetition, sometimes you just want to get it over with. There is nothing to be gained from struggling by doing it the right way if you've already done it. When I was part of a "hardcore" clan that played daily and raided weekly, on multiple characters, we cheesed whenever possible because fuck Destiny. The amount of grinding required to get some of the stuff we needed wasn't worth the effort, especially when there is no way to play it tactically anyway. You can't stagger bosses or put status effects on them. They're just big sponges that take a long time to kill but in turn can down a fully raid geared player in seconds.

Inversely I always found it strange when people that played seriously would get annoyed that we want to cheese Atheon off the ledge on hard mode or whatever. If you've been playing seriously then you've done this boss fight countless times already. It had so many bugs where a perfect run would go to shit because the relic carrier would get double teleported or the cleanse didn't work and everyone went blind or only 2 people got teleported out that playing it fair after you've done it once could be a real pain - and honestly we're here to get the drops, the experience is long behind us.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zevvion

@hh: I'll add you to my friends list first. EDIT: I made a group. Search for 'Cerberus Wolves' on bungie.net groups and request to join.

By the way, you can join multiple clans so @liquidprince@humanity@shorthair can still join.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HH

@humanity: @liquidprince: i guess what i'm saying is that if there is a more varied way of doing something, even if it takes longer and involves more risk, then i would prioritize that over rewards. if i'm fed up with a boss, then sure, i'll take all the cheese i can get, but i'm not down with players who dictate impatiently to others purely because they want so many shards or whatever before they have to go for their dinner, to me that's putting the cart before the horse. it's the gameplay i like, not the gear.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

@humanity: @liquidprince: i guess what i'm saying is that if there is a more varied way of doing something, even if it takes longer and involves more risk, then i would prioritize that over rewards. if i'm fed up with a boss, then sure, i'll take all the cheese i can get, but i'm not down with players who dictate impatiently to others purely because they want so many shards or whatever before they have to go for their dinner, to me that's putting the cart before the horse. it's the gameplay i like, not the gear.

That's fair, but if you're also the only one just running around and constantly getting killed, which means your team needs to keep risking themselves to come save you, then you're making the experience needlessly harder for everyone.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wish this was for XB1. I'd love a reason to play Destiny again.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

That's fair, but if you're also the only one just running around and constantly getting killed, which means your team needs to keep risking themselves to come save you, then you're making the experience needlessly harder for everyone.

sure, i wouldn't want that at all, that's why mics and communication are preferred, i'd only run in if i could count on back up, and we had a plan, and everyone was happy to take the risk.

Sohkrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds exactly like the kind of group I'm looking for. I'm always looking for people to complete the nightfall strikes with and maybe occasionally raid, especially when no one else I know is online. I'll be signing up.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would be down for this but I'm a part of a clan already :(. We're currently sort of stuck at 5 members and I play roughly 1-2 times per week, so if in the future that breaks a part I'll hit up this thread again and see if there's any need for an extra. I'm a level 32 Warlock Sunsinger.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sohkrates: Great! Added to the group. We need only one more person to make this a thing.

@brendan: You can add multiple groups on Bungie.net. You can only have one clan name under your gamertag in the game, but you can keep your current clan listed there, and still join this one on the site. It's just a name anyways.

shorthair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zevvion I'm a poor 360 player so I'm out of luck. thanks anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm guessing your a USA player? maybe worth giving out basic times when your likely to be on too?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justkamtoo: I'm actually in EU, but I've played with US players a lot. I have a very versatile work schedule, so I'm actually on 'whenever'.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: hey man, how do notifications and party invites and stuff like that work for fellow clan members as opposed to people on your friends list?

like, is the only big difference you have to be logged into the game itself for people to see you're online?

reason i ask is i don't like how friend's list stuff operates, i find it too pushy and annoying, and if it's not gonna make much difference i'd sooner just use the clan links if possible.

of course if that's not possible, or if there's an obvious advantage to having clan members as friends too, then it's no problem, i'm just being needlessly fussy here.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zevvion: Ok, I'm definitely down. What's the group name I'm joining? I might be dumb and not have seen it in this thread.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh: Clan members don't show up in the game, unfortunately. They need to be on your friends list to show up. We can use the clan stuff on the Bungie app to coordinate times to play and more importantly, just send messages to ask if anyone wants to join your game. Which is much better than using the PS4 system stuff, since it is less invasive, I think. But if you want to see who is online so you can join on the fly, you need to be friends with them.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

@zevvion: Ok, I'm definitely down. What's the group name I'm joining? I might be dumb and not have seen it in this thread.

I edited it in later, you're not dumb. The name is Cerberus Wolves. You can join the group, just not set it as your clan. But you still receive the group messages, which is what it is all about.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

would be cool to play with some GB duders, i'm a eu player though :s

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom: So am I. No worries about that.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm hella down for this, haven't been in a clan but have ran nightfalls through DestinyLFG as well as ran Vault of Glass about four times, the last time of which I actually served as group leader. I don't have all the time in the world to play and recently I've been on a Mortal Kombat/Bloodborne kick but I'm sure I'll hop back to Destiny soon. PSN is Kirbykrumper I will join your clan page on Bungie

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#28  Edited By MachoFantastico

So I'll throw my hat in on this, pretty sure I've had a request to join LincolnForce for ages now and haven't heard a thing so most probably dead. Would like to join if it means possible getting involved with raids and whatnot, never done them before. PSN user ID is: SaitanMar.

Sent a request.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably get in on this, psn name is the same as my username.

I have a clan but so far we've never really done much as a group short of a few strikes in the early going. I've gone on to do raids with one or two of them but generally the striketeams were filled out with people from destinylfg.

I've gotten about as far as I can without getting raid gear and have 3 characters at max level (though Hunter and Titan gear is not fully leveled yet so max exp level but not light level) so I'd be down to do more of that, but I've somewhat fallen off lately thanks to Bloodborne. I'll probably get back to Destiny at some point though, and I'm always up for people asking if I want in on anything.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I sent a join request. (LiquidSaiyan3 on PS4)

Given that the communication tools on bungie.net are lacking, I'd suggest creating a private group on the100.io
    I've been using the site for a while, and it's great for setting up games in advance and coordinating via their chatroom.

I was part of Lincoln Force, but never got anything going because I always missed people's messages.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, Group Messages don't give a notification, so we'll have to start a private message thread. But that works too.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done something stupid, I was logged in to the wrong account when I requested to join the clan and Zevvion was nice enough to accept it, sorry about this but sent another invite using my correct account. Not sure if you want to remove the other account I joined using. Stupid mistake, apologise for the inconvience Zevvion.

Also how do you add the clan tag to your profile, you said it was on the same page where you joined but couldn't figure it out. Bungie's website is sort of convoluted :D

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MachoFantastico

Also sent two friend requests to LiquidSaiyan3 and who I hope is Zevvion, I'm guessing that's your PSN ID to?

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just started playing today. i'd definitely be interested in joining, if you'll have me. however i shouldn't commit untill i know for sure i've caught the destiny bug.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zevvion

@perilator666 said:

i just started playing today. i'd definitely be interested in joining, if you'll have me. however i shouldn't commit untill i know for sure i've caught the destiny bug.

You started playing Destiny again? Or for the first time? If it's for the first time then it may be a while before you this becomes useful. All the activities we're doing are endgame and you wouldn't be able to do them.

That said, you can totally join and I'm all up for helping out if you need/want it on things like story missions and whatnot.

@machofantastico Ha!, No problem. Just go to the Bungie.net page and search for Cerberus Wolves. It should be listed under your groups now. You then click the button 'request to join clan'. It is in the same place where 'request to join group' used to be.

Manutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion very nice! I've been off the game the past few months, but with HoW and the new PvE event I'm willing to invest some serious time (but also some serious Witcher time;)). I think we played before, or at least I saw your name. Currently I'm on my way to becoming a level 31 (29 warlock right now). Have quite the experience in regular VoG, but non in the hard raid and Crota's End. Would love to do those, and some nightfall activities. I'm sending an invite! Cheers.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started playing Destiny again after a few months.

I'm not entirely serious and never use a mic, but I play pretty well with a team. The guys I used to play with kind of don't play anymore. So, if anybody wants another member in their clan/team/friends list, I'm available.

PS4: Strife777

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly doing Iron Banner right now but I did get invited to a raid on Saturday, ended pretty miserably as the group never got filled and were pretty useless :D

Thanks for reinviting me Zevvion, sorry for the trouble. If anyone wants to add me my PSN id is: SaitanMar. (Not sure if I'm mentioned that).

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi there, I sent a clan request under the name of V0xus.

My PSN tag is Symph7 , go ahead and send an invite!

With Prison of Elders being 3 people max, I look forward to several small groups of duders running it.

Raulito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Raulito

Hi, would love to play with patient and cool duders on ps4. I have a level 32 Titan and 30 hunter please send friend request to raulito137 on psn. I'm on NA pacific time n usually down for nightfalls but can't find enough people 4 raids.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hey, I just sent in a clan request.

PSN: Slurpelve

I just got back into Destiny since I have a some free time now.

I have a level 28 hunter that never did a raid or nightfall strike.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I've recently started playing Destiny again in anticipation of the new expansion - I never did the any of the Raids, so now I'm missing out on the Nightfalls as well (since they're level 30). Would like to team up with some people to get into gear again, be prepared for House of Wolves and do some of the older Raids/new content this week! I'm based in Europe, but usually play during the night, so timezones shouldn't be an issue, but it's difficult to talk much during the night without disturbing others - but I hear you! :D

My tag is "IroN1c" on PSN and I've also applied to the group! Hope to get some raiding in soon ;)

lobsticle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sending a clan request now. PSN: stevenscole

lvl 31 Warlock sunsinger

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rand0mZer00

Sent out a clan request. I didn't have too much luck with Lincoln Force either but I tried.

PSN: randomZer0_2814

Looking forward to playing with some of y'all! Also to chat it up too because I hardly ever use my Gold headset for actual chat lol

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sent in a request, was never able to get active in Lincoln Force and looking to finally do some of the raids as well get into the high level Prison of Elders stuff.

PSN is ZacBroski

Brandler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN: MisterQuark

I usually play in the late afternoons and then again in the late evenings mountain time US. Always willing to join in and help out on bounties, strikes, etc...

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Requested to join the clan, psn is joe__84_

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sent a request to join PSN: LCoben UK timezone.

Been playing more of destiny recently would like to do the higher level stuff.

citizenarcane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm sending a request to join. My PSN name is CitizenArcane.

I've been playing for maybe six weeks now and I'm interested in trying out the raids and other endgame content. I probably won't be playing a ton for the next few weeks because of The Witcher but this sounds like exactly the kind of Destiny experience I'm looking for.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sent a request! PSN: notdijon

New to the game, level 31 now with all the House of Wolves stuff ^^

I haven't done vault of glass yet, I would be interested in trying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.