Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Queen Event Ends October 6th

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders, if you didn't see already, the Queen event is ending tomorrow. I would imagine she will come back... right? That is how MMOs work?

That being said.. I have five queen missions I need to do.. Anyone want to help me on PS4? :D

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Whatever, it's bullshit anyway. I do the bounties if I need XP to level gear and such, but the missions are a complete waste of time.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: you get a legendary each time tho! at least i have so far.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The problem is you almost always get the same helmet or chest piece over and over and dismantling them doesn't give you ascendent mats so it's kind of pointless to run them more than a few times. I wound up getting a legendary sniper but the amount of time I put in overall really wasn't worth it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@ll_exile_ll: you get a legendary each time tho! at least i have so far.

I got the exact same Legendary Helmet three times in a row...

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: I've only done three runs so far and got two helmets and some robes. Not too bad I guess.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince: I've only done three runs so far and got two helmets and some robes. Not too bad I guess.

All you get are helmet and chestpiece. Those are the only two items that drop, trust me I've done like 15 missions and gotten like 10 helmets and 5 chestpieces. When you got ascendant shards for breaking them down it was great, but they patched that out quick. I already had legendary armor when this event started, so I never even needed what dropped. If you already have a legendary helmet and chestpiece, the queen missions serve absolutely no purpose.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJBSterling

I stopped doing the queen bounties the day they patched the rewards. Didn't see a point to level her faction up considering I didn't want those shaders, class items or rare weapons. Seems like it's aimed towards lower levels but the missions are level 24 so who knows.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methodman008 said:

All you get are helmet and chestpiece. Those are the only two items that drop, trust me I've done like 15 missions and gotten like 10 helmets and 5 chestpieces. When you got ascendant shards for breaking them down it was great, but they patched that out quick. I already had legendary armor when this event started, so I never even needed what dropped. If you already have a legendary helmet and chestpiece, the queen missions serve absolutely no purpose.

I got a legendary sniper called The Supremacy. It's a good sniper, but not worth the amount of time I wasted doing Queen missions. I probably did probably 30-40 queen missions and only once got an item other than the helmet and the chest piece. If they gave ascendents when dismantled it would have been worth it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By probablytuna

Just keep cycling through the missions until you get to the Cosmodrome one. It's pretty easy doing it solo, though it depends on what level you are I guess. I've gotten four sniper rifles from it, a truckload of helms and chests but still no ship. I have three missions left, hopefully it'll drop today...

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since we don't know when/if this event is coming back, I made a mad dash with a new titan that I started yesterday to make sure i could take advantage of getting 2 "free" legendaries to jump-start an alt.

Created my Titan at 9pm on Saturday night and by 10pm Sunday night I was level 25. 25 levels in 25 hours! (no i didn't play 25 hours straight, according to bungie.net I played a total of 7hours 47 min 56sec)

Turns out you can really speed through the game the second time around, and these queen's wrath legendaries are extremely useful to boost brand new level 20's up several light levels.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I stopped doing the queen bounties the day they patched the rewards. Didn't see a point to level her faction up considering I didn't want those shaders, class items or rare weapons. Seems like it's aimed towards lower levels but the missions are level 24 so who knows.

Yah for me it was really good to get a chest piece when I finally got a higher level person to help me do the mission as I was stuck in a perpetual level 23 limbo. I imagine for anyone that is already level 25 or above it's a waste of time as that chest piece isn't even THAT good - and it doesn't look very cool either. At least for me as a hunter it looks llike every other low lever chest piece I've ever had with the stupid queen markings on the front.

Ironically though they made them really hard so trying to do the level 24 queens as a level 23 with a level 24 turned out pretty impossible. They still don't have a good grasp on progression in the game. It's smooth sailing up until level 21 or so and then unless you're either really dedicated or really lucky it's a super grind to get higher. Especially if you don't have friends that play the game. I know I keep saying this but matchmaking would REALLY solve a lot of these issues.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

IS there any story with in this Queen event? Anything that could possibly be considered important? Or is it just a random strike?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@theacidskull: Random missions actually. Missions you've already played, but made a lot more difficult and with better rewards at the end. The only context is that the Queen wants you to kill people. Yeeeeaaahhhh... it's pretty weak. That concept art of the Queen is great though. She looks a lot more intimidating there than in the game.

I'm just bummed about recently learning that you can only have one exotic equipped at a time.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were boring to do for me. I didn't even care or bothered with it. Doesn't matter I'll be trading this in soon enough

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@theht: One exotic weapon and one exotic armour piece. I think the raid gear doesn't count towards that limit though.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got three legendarys from the event which was cool.

Not as cool as an actual story would be though.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#18 sweep  Moderator

I literally just got to level 20 and I'm still trying to figure out what I should be doing. What are these missions and are they worth doing before they disappear (If there's even time left)?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep: At level 20 you are still a long way off from doing them.

Queens missions are variants on existing missions that make them a lot harder and can be attempted after you finish some bounties. At this point the whole Queens Wrath event is coming to a close and the Queens Kill Order missions were level 24 - although you probably would want to have a full fireteam of level 25's for it.

If you just hit level 20 and have fully completed the main story that should have unlocked everything you need. Now you basically start grinding.

You either want to do a lot of crucible matches or a lot of vanguard stuff. Strikes should have unlocked for you so you can take part in level 18 strikes with random people or friends and try to get gear that has the Light stat on it which will help you boost through the level 20 cap.

How do you get Light embued gear? Luck basically. Do strikes, play the crucible, do daily story missions, whatever. Ultimately you're hoping for drops with light stats on them.

You might want to collect a lot of strange coins which you can redeem once a week with the Xur vendor for lucrative items.

Your end goal is to level up the vanguard faction so you can buy purple vanguard gear and take part in high level strikes for the chance of attaining even better gear which in turn will allow you to take part in even harder strikes. You will spend hours leveling and grinding for gear in the same handful of missions over and over again so that in the very end you are leveled enough to take part in the single unique strikes that isn't a rehash of some previous story mission with modifiers added onto it.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only thing i didn't got was the ship..

and I got to rank 2, which tells me rank 3 really required you to do almost all the bounties every day.

yesterday I did a bunch of missions by myself, they get pretty easy once you're lvl 26+ specially because they always have a dmg burn thing.

so I always went with a sniper and machinegun of the said dmg type and at that point it's pretty much a cakewalk, bosses going down with like 3 sniper shots to the head.

I'd totally help you grind some queen missions but unfortunately I'm a poor guy playing it on a ps3.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sweep  Moderator

@humanity said:

Queens missions are variants on existing missions that make them a lot harder and can be attempted after you finish some bounties. At this point the whole Queens Wrath event is coming to a close and the Queens Kill Order missions were level 24 - although you probably would want to have a full fireteam of level 25's for it.

If you just hit level 20 and have fully completed the main story that should have unlocked everything you need. Now you basically start grinding.

You either want to do a lot of crucible matches or a lot of vanguard stuff. Strikes should have unlocked for you so you can take part in level 18 strikes with random people or friends and try to get gear that has the Light stat on it which will help you boost through the level 20 cap.

How do you get Light embued gear? Luck basically. Do strikes, play the crucible, do daily story missions, whatever. Ultimately you're hoping for drops with light stats on them.

You might want to collect a lot of strange coins which you can redeem once a week with the Xur vendor for lucrative items.

Your end goal is to level up the vanguard faction so you can buy purple vanguard gear and take part in high level strikes for the chance of attaining even better gear which in turn will allow you to take part in even harder strikes. You will spend hours leveling and grinding for gear in the same handful of missions over and over again so that in the very end you are leveled enough to take part in the single unique strikes that isn't a rehash of some previous story mission with modifiers added onto it.

I have come to terms with this, yes. Sigh.

Ah well, maybe next time I'll be able to play with the Queen...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@sweep: Being totally honest, you're not really missing out on anything with her missions. They're just ones you've already done and are a bit harder. After I did three and got lucky with my drops I stopped bothering to do her bounties unless they where easy/the same as the vanguard ones.

*EDIT*

If you do want to do one or two though, two people over level 24/25 who are good at the game can probably boost you through it. The missions aren't all that difficult.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: You can still help me grind some Queen's missions today, heh heh. Thanks again for all the help lately! :D

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since we don't know when/if this event is coming back, I made a mad dash with a new titan that I started yesterday to make sure i could take advantage of getting 2 "free" legendaries to jump-start an alt.

Created my Titan at 9pm on Saturday night and by 10pm Sunday night I was level 25. 25 levels in 25 hours! (no i didn't play 25 hours straight, according to bungie.net I played a total of 7hours 47 min 56sec)

Turns out you can really speed through the game the second time around, and these queen's wrath legendaries are extremely useful to boost brand new level 20's up several light levels.

Did the exact same thing with my second character. I already had the boots from an early drop and xur was selling really good exotic gauntlets this weekend. With the queen stuff I got to lvl 26 in no time. I even got a raid chest piece to replace the queen's robe on my first run through the VoG with that character.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep said:

@humanity said:

I have come to terms with this, yes. Sigh.

Ah well, maybe next time I'll be able to play with the Queen...

I'm sure you can find a couple duders that could drag you through a few queen kill orders tonight. They only need to be 24 as there is no benefit to being over leveled for the enemies in this game. If they take advantage of the elemental buff they can take down the boss in seconds. 2 out of 4 purple pieces make a huge difference in the amount of grind you have to do to be able to raid or do the weekly strike/nightfall.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum: It's atorgo. I'll probably hop on at about 1:00 pm central today or whenever Jeff finishes his morning mixlr.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. What?? I've spent all this time building up faction rep and kill orders and now it's going to disappear?

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DannyHibiki

@koolaid: Destiny sure LOVES time limited events. I should have figured, what with the way Bungie implemented the Moon and the Iron Banner stuff during the beta.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid said:

Wait. What?? I've spent all this time building up faction rep and kill orders and now it's going to disappear?

Why would you grind market rep with a faction that has such a horrendous selection of items on sale? Emblems, cosmetic items and 3 blue primary weapons? That's horrible. If you don't have a purple helmet and chest piece you can always rush to get those from kill orders tonight. I bet a bunch of people in the GB clan would like to help you if you're not already lvl 24.

As for the wasted rep you can always hope the queen's vendor comes around sometime down the road with items that aren't hot trash

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: I've only played the game for a few weekends so I'm not rolling deep (or shallow) in purples yet. Seems to me that the Queen stuff is easier to get then the other stuff.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pyrodactyl

@koolaid said:

@pyrodactyl: I've only played the game for a few weekends so I'm not rolling deep (or shallow) in purples yet. Seems to me that the Queen stuff is easier to get then the other stuff.

Queen's wrath missions are guaranteed purple drops every time. Just do those until you get the head and chest piece (the only 2 pieces that drop) and you should eleviate a good part of the grind.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid said:

Why would you grind market rep with a faction that has such a horrendous selection of items on sale? Emblems, cosmetic items and 3 blue primary weapons? That's horrible. If you don't have a purple helmet and chest piece you can always rush to get those from kill orders tonight. I bet a bunch of people in the GB clan would like to help you if you're not already lvl 24.

As for the wasted rep you can always hope the queen's vendor comes around sometime down the road with items that aren't hot trash

You are considering a very positive scenario where your rep will actually carry over to the next event. Seeing how this game is built and the choices Bungie is making I wouldn't be at all surprised if this exact same event, with the exact same bounties and flavor text showed up in a month or so and have reset reputation for everyone.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By andrew2696

I got the ship, which I think is kind of ugly but it's rare so I'm using it. It's like the pink cadillac of spaceships.

So if I'm correct in my non-existent fact checking there was a helmet, chest piece, ship, and sniper rifle?

Anyway pretty excited for the Iron Banner event because I like the look of that stuff. Bad end is that the Iron Banner focuses on the crucible which I like but I don't want to focus on one thing in Destiny.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pyrodactyl

@humanity: I could see the vendor selling the same garbage items next time around but they're not stupid enough to reset the rep. Say what you will about destiny but they don't kneecap your progression by resetting things. Rep, marks, bounties and other currencies aren't thrown out. That would just be stupid.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Humanity

@pyrodactyl said:

@humanity: I could see the vendor selling the same garbage items next time around but they're not stupid enough to reset the rep. Say what you will about destiny but they don't kneecap your progression by resetting things. Rep, marks, bounties and other currencies aren't thrown out. That would just be stupid.

Man you can say a lot of nice things about Destiny but thoughtful planning and player friendliness is not among them. Bungie is currently heavily debating whether they want to allow matchmaking for raids - because they're such complex and "dense" (they seriously used this word) puzzles. I mean just throw it in there, let people try, don't treat your playerbase like a bunch of toddlers that need to be herded through the game experience. If they put in matchmaking and no one ever gets through the entire raid because shooting at shit takes that much coordination then so what? They don't lose out on anything and at least more people see the content they crafted. Maybe experiencing the raid and failing in matchmaking will encourage players to create teams in order to actually beat it the next time around.

They're almost hostile approach towards players in Destiny is really unnerving.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew2696: yeah you would be correct, I have a collection of helms and chest guards, got 3 snipers but no ship...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyrodactyl

@humanity said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Man you can say a lot of nice things about Destiny but thoughtful planning and player friendliness is not among them. Bungie is currently heavily debating whether they want to allow matchmaking for raids - because they're such complex and "dense" (they seriously used this word) puzzles. I mean just throw it in there, let people try, don't treat your playerbase like a bunch of toddlers that need to be herded through the game experience. If they put in matchmaking and no one ever gets through the entire raid because shooting at shit takes that much coordination then so what? They don't lose out on anything and at least more people see the content they crafted. Maybe experiencing the raid and failing in matchmaking will encourage players to create teams in order to actually beat it the next time around.

They're almost hostile approach towards players in Destiny is really unnerving.

Man, I don't know. I can see both sides of the argument. The raid is hard if you have a bunch of inexperienced, under leveled dudes in there with you. I can't imagine if you're not communicating. You'll get to the first boss (if you can even get there with the team splitting you have to do before that point), some random lvl 25 dude will want to grab the relic and don't know what to do with it. Then you'll wipe over and over again. Some people drop out and you're stuck because it's literally impossible without a full group of 6. There's also the part where the second boss is impossible if you've got too many people under lvl 27 or even 28.

That sounds like a bad experience. I've had strikes fell through because one or 2 of the randoms I was with dropped out. The raid is 3 times as long as a regular strike if you're with people who know what they're doing.

Can't say I'm missing a matchmaking feature either. Just added a bunch of people from the GB clan to my friends list and never had any problem getting enough cool dudes together for the raid. I would take better clan implementation over more matchmaking.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl: Yeah but fundamentally, what does it hurt anyone to have the option in? Like I said, if there is a matchmaking option at least more people will actually get to see the content, which I imagine is always a better option than never seeing it at all.

Also no matchmaking for various modes has been completely game crippling for me. I added some GB doods to my friends list and they quickly shot right up to level 27/28 when I was still 21 so I wasn't about to ask them to go on shitty strikes with me. None of my real life friends play this game. So for the most part I've just been playing crucible - yet despite all the time I've spent playing the crucible I'm not even rank 1 yet. Go figure.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@pyrodactyl: Yeah but fundamentally, what does it hurt anyone to have the option in? Like I said, if there is a matchmaking option at least more people will actually get to see the content, which I imagine is always a better option than never seeing it at all.

Also no matchmaking for various modes has been completely game crippling for me. I added some GB doods to my friends list and they quickly shot right up to level 27/28 when I was still 21 so I wasn't about to ask them to go on shitty strikes with me. None of my real life friends play this game. So for the most part I've just been playing crucible - yet despite all the time I've spent playing the crucible I'm not even rank 1 yet. Go figure.

Well, there's still time to ask them to run a couple queen's wrath missions. I found guys willing to drag me through those with my lvl 21 character yesterday. I swear, with those guaranteed purple drops you can rocket up to lvl 24-25 in an hour.

About the crusible rep thing you should focus on bounties. They give good rep rewards and will get you to lvl 2 much faster than just doing regular matchs.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 8 missions sitting there, but since you don't get anything but the same gear over and over, and you don't get ascended shards for breaking them down the whole thing is pointless.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sweep: if your on PS4 and on east coast time id be willing to drag you though some of the queen missions later tonight, the guaranteed purple gear will help you a lot with getting some levels. And if another duder is willing to help the more the merrier.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sweep  Moderator

@pyrodactyl: @lego_my_eggo: cheers for the hints but I tried to do this with some friends and even at level 20 it wouldn't let me access the playlist because it said my gear wasn't good enough. I wasn't sure when the event would finish and I didn't feel like spending my night grinding so I just said fuck it and played dota instead :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.