Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Raiding for Extra Life (PS4)

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm looking for anyone interested in running all the raids in Destiny for Extra Life this Saturday. I'm going to start streaming around 8 AM eastern, but raiding can start whenever we can get 6 people together.

Post your availability and interest. It would be cool if I could find one crew to roll through them all together, but if you can only commit to a few hours to help with one that's cool too.

Any experience level is welcome. I haven't run them before, but I know the mechanics from watching the GB guys play.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Hestilllives19

@messier: Do you plan on doing all 3 on Normal or Hard or a mixture? I might be available depending on the time, I may not want to wake up at 7 CST. I might also be able to get others to do it if they are Normal runs since those are relatively easy and fun at this point. Although Hard on Vault and Crota wouldn't be that big of a deal, just doing the Hard run on King's Fall may take a very skilled team. How long do you expect this to take? Normal runs should only take about 3.5-4 hours.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I wouldn't mind helping out, just can't promise I'll be available at 8am!

I've run VoG and Crota, but still haven't touched King's Fall yet. I'm down to run any of them.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: I am looking to experience the content since I've never raided. I was going to run Normal mode for all 3 but if people want to give Hard Mode a shot I'm not against it.

I have gotten 4 people message me with interest on PSN and 2 people signed up for VoG at the 100.io site so there may be enough to get 2 Extra Life raid parties started or at least have backups if people have to bail or don't want to run all 3 back to back to back.

It seems like a mix of people who have never raided and people that are raid vets so we should be able to get through them at a decent but not record pace.

Let me know what you and your friends are up for and we'll figure out a plan for Saturday. Thanks for responding!

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Count me in. PSN proxywarlord.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe call it "Raiding for (Extra) Life!"

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition to the responses in this thread, I have gotten interest from @bruce, @mathkor, & @sylar112, and the 2 duders from the 100.io site. Tagging them to the thread so we can coordinate.

Multiple raid parties is very realistic now.

@liquidsaiyan3 - what time works for you? We may need people to fill in for Crota & Kings Fall if the 2 guys signing up for VoG on the 100.io site don't want to run all 3. I sent them PSN messages to see what their interest is.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier: I'd probably be free around 1pm Eastern

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hestilllives19

@messier: Yeah, I was thinking about contacting both Zevvion and II_Exile_II, the other two major Giantbomb clan leaders, to gauge interest in this. If they were interested that would be 3 experienced Raider's and Sherpa's that could take 3 players who hadn't experienced, or had little experience with the Raid's before through Normal on all 3. But it sounds like there is a ton of interest in this so that may not be both possible or necessary. If you still want me to do that I can, so let me know, but it doesn't sound like that it is needed, at least not to fill the 6 spots.

CaptainKoonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CaptainKoonz

I'm in for raiding! I've beaten Oryx on both hard and normal modes multiple times, and I have beat VoG a few times, but the final fight against Atheon still confuses me a bit. I have no experience with the Crota raid, but I hear that's not too tough.

I'm a 312 Warlock. I'll have availability all day Saturday. I may start streaming Friday night. We'll see. I signed up for the VoG run. It'll be 5am for me but I can handle it.

My idea is to level a new character from 1 to 40 as fast as possible. If I start at midnight, maybe I can take my new character through VoG for the first time! Hopefully I can get a titan and a hunter to 40 by the end of 24 hours. Red Bull experience codes, here I come.

Extra Life - http://www.extra-life.org/participant/jpayne

Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/jpayneatl/

Edit: I'm going to start at 10p.m. Friday night. Starting out with Destiny, probably get into some Rocket League at some point. In the early a.m, I'll get into some Hotline Miami. I might switch over to my Xbox for Halo at some point Saturday evening. Excited for my first year!

Avatar image for knightlyterrors
    KnightlyTerrors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightlyTerrors

I signed up for VoG on the the 100.io site and am interested in running all 3. Very cool that you are arranging this.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19, @liquidsaiyan3, @knightlyterrors, @captainkoonz, @jasonmasters, @sylar112, @mathkor, @bruce

I was contacted by another 2 people last night through PSN messages that are interested in running all 3 on Saturday so that brings the total up to 12. Here is the list

GB - Messier, PSN - Messier75 (ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - Bruce, PSN - g1mm3dang3r (ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - KnightlyTerrors, PSN - KnightlyTerrors (ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - jasonmasters, PSN - ProxyWarlord (ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - mathkor, PSN - Darth-Blob (ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - sylar112, PSN - shaddypaw (interested but checking work sched)

GB - ?, PSN - MR-ChiefinCheech (ok with 8 AM eastern start, not sure about doing all 3)

GB - ?, PSN - ABK792 (interested if not out of town)

GB - ?, PSN - Frostedflk (seemed ok with 8 AM eastern start)

GB - liquidsaiyan3, PSN - ? (available at 1 PM eastern)

GB - captainkoonz, PSN - ? (available all day)

GB - hestilllives19, PSN - ?

If any of the above is incorrect, please correct it. Right now the 8 AM Eastern crew would be me, Bruce, KnightlyTerrors, jasonmasters, mathkor and Mr-ChiefinCheech. Do the other 6 want to arrange a 2nd start time or be backup if available to the 8 AM crew throughout the day?

Thanks to everyone for being interested in doing this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

My stream will be at http://www.twitch.tv/tjwilkinson

SYLAR112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so bad news :/ I wont be available until around 7 pm GMT but if people need to tag out or anything im Up for being a replacement ,

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's do it duders!

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier: I'll probably just be a replacement unless you need me. My PSN is the same as on here, hestilllives19. ProxyWarlord and KnightlyTerrors are on my friends list I'm pretty sure since they are in my clan and I recently played with both Frostedflk and liquidsaiyan3 so there is a good chance we added each other as well. Those guys should be able to get in touch with me if you need me but feel free to send me a friend request as well.

Orexis97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier: I wouldn't mind helping out. I should be available all day unless something comes up. I have experience in Vog and KF, but I've never done the Crota raid. PSN is Orexis97.

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be willing to help fill a slot or can be available as a fill-in. I've done VoG and Crota multiple times, and have done about 2/3rds of King's Fall. 8am Eastern works for me as well, and I can be available as long as needed. PSN is Rivaldi22

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19, @orexis97, @rivaldi22 - Thanks guys, I'll send you all friend requests and if someone has to bail, I'll look for you.

If anyone else reading this thread wants to take the initiative to start another Raid Party, there seems to be plenty of people interested.

warpchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm West Coast and have gotten myself to 290 light. I can do something with all this gear.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpchy: What is your PSN handle? I'll add you to my list of reserves for tomorrow.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any sort of schedule at this point? I am more intrerested in doing VoG and Crota. I have done King's Fall on the only character I have geared appropriately.

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier: Sounds good! If I am needed at any point, feel free to send me a message over PSN (even if I'm not currently on my PS4, I'll get a notification on my phone and can pop on.)

Avatar image for knightlyterrors
    KnightlyTerrors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonmasters: Schedule wise I believe we are playing the raids in order, VoG, Crota, King's Fall starting at 8 am est and after that it's dependent on how well we play. Most (all?) of us haven't done the first two raids before, but we should be over leveled. I'm guessing 2 to 3 hrs each for VoG and Crota if we don't have any major issues.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightlyterrors: Roger dodger. I'll be there! No sure I will be able to do the whole shebang but I have a few hours to spend on it.

warpchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Messier

Excited to get this started!

If you want to follow our progress, I'll be streaming here - http://www.twitch.tv/tjwilkinson

If anyone else will also be streaming, post your link.

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruce, @knightlyterrors, @jasonmasters, @mathkor, @liquidsaiyan3

We blazed through Vault of Glass

We cruised through Crotas End

Then came Kings Fall and we spent more time on the final encounter with Oryx than we did on the first two raids combined. It was all worth it though. We conquered all 3 raids in about 13 hours and raised over $1,000 for Extra Life in the process. All around a great day.

I can't thank all of you enough for putting in the time you did, showing the patience you did (especially with my terrible jumping skills) and making it a great experience. Could not have happened without you guys.

Special shout out to @sylar112 (aka shaddypaw) for sending encouragement through Twitch chat and for the generous donation. It was really appreciated!

I hope I get to play with you guys again soon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier: Thanks for putting the whole thing together, and congrats again on reaching your donation goal!

I never expected it would take so long, but it was absolutely my favorite raiding experience. Hope to see you raiding more often.

rivaldi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats! I kept checking on Messier's username on my Destiny roster list, seeing your progress through the raids, haha.

Glad you all made it!

mathkor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@messier I agree with @liquidsaiyan3 thanks for the opportunity to help out ( finally got to experience streaming yay ) ; my only regret is that I couldn't help out more and that it didn't show the death counter otherwise I would have outclassed all of them :D.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy man, great work everyone! It was a blast!

Messier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the greatest trophy screenshot ever taken (pun intended)

No Caption Provided

SYLAR112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good going guys , was great fun to watch ,

:)

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about that time again! Shall we plan for an Extra Life 2016 Destiny Raid Reunion Tour?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.