Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Rumour+Kotatsu: Comet 2015 Expansion is still, on, track.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Curious about the future of Destiny? Here's a leak you might find interesting—a graphic purporting to lay out what developer Bungie's got planned for the rest of 2015 and beyond.

The image, which has apparently been floating around the internet since October but only drew widespread attention this morning thanks to a massive Reddit thread, shows the already-announced first two DLC packs (The Dark Below and House of Wolves) followed by a larger "expansion" called Comet that's slated for September of next year. After that is something illegible ("Vex" something?) and then something called "Forge of Gods."

So is it real? One source familiar with Destiny's development told me he believes so—and that there have always been plans to release an expansion next fall with the name Comet—but many of the details may have changed. So the overall gameplan—House of Wolves in March; the bigger Comet this September; two DLC packs after that—could remain the same, but the exact contents of each update are probably still up in the air.

The full breakdown from this image, as determined by Reddit's magnifying glasses:

House of Wolves: three new story missions; one strike; one raid; new PvP maps; the addition of the Reef (where you visit the Queen in the main game).

Comet: 12 new story missions; three strikes; one raid; one patrol; one public event; three new sub-classes; and the increase of "Base Level" to 30, which will presumably change the Light system quite a bit. Also, a new map called Hive Ship.123

The third DLC pack will also add story missions and strikes; the fourth is all blank on that image.

This all makes sense, of course—and the roadmap fits perfectly both with what I've heard from industry sources and from what we've seen in other Destiny DLC leaks. It's possible the exact numbers will change as Bungie keeps working on this stuff, but it looks like now we've got a full idea of just what's coming this year, not counting free updates and other patches.

Kotaku: New Destiny Leak Could Show What's Coming Next

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2r2r1l/rumor_future_expansions_leaked_comet_vex_forge_of/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

https://twitter.com/fwcreddit/status/550886614889541634

Comet: Plague of Darkness

Date: September 2015

Locations: Moon, Venus, Mars, Hive Ship

Activities: 12 Story, 4 Strike, 1 Raid, 1 Location, 6 PvP Maps

Bonus: New subclasses and 2 new weapon types

No Caption Provided

So, the Destiny>Comet>Destiny 2>Comet 2 rumor might still be true. Up above, sounds like a numbers game. More numbers, more and more content. It'd be nice if they have cutscenes and dialogue between characters this time, instead of just a ship and words on-screen. Do you guys think it will be $60 for an expansion release?? I'm hoping for $40 to $50 but uh, hmm. Comet might just get most disappointed release this time and beat Ubisoft this year around. I want to like Destiny, you guys. Fact.

No Caption Provided

(Bungie digs their hole, Bungie digs their hole..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YoJjdEBv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWTzqHXMTU

No Caption Provided
    recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Kind of sucks that we have to wait until September to see the real new content based on feedback. (assuming the backbone of The Dark Below and House of Wolves was pretty much set before the launch and backlash). Bungie is slowly making Destiny better, it's just not enough for me to jump back in yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
    deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It sucks I can't even get excited for this. I wish I could

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

There's a good game buried in Destiny, but I think it burned me too much to draw me back in and make me pay for the better content.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By probablytuna

It makes me excited to hear about their plans after House of Wolves since I assumed once it's been released they'll be moving onto Destiny 2 but I don't know if I'll still be playing Destiny in September 2015, let alone 2016.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AngriGhandi

Good to know they actually do have a solid, multi-year plan for all this, and they weren't just bullshitting! Hopefully by the time 2015 rolls around, they'll be able to address some of the deeper-level issues with uninspired mission design and lack of story.

I like the game a lot, despite all its shortcomings - I hope they make good on it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I bet it costs $100 and the new area is just the moon but everything is upside down.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I jumping around on the surface of a comet or flying a ship into a boring alien corridoor shooter inside a comet. Either way, Im good. I'll wait till the ice level comes out in 2016.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onarum

the only possible way I'll ever spend another cent on destiny is if it ever comes to PC with all available DLC included, otherwise I'm pretty much done.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh, I hope they have SOMETHING between HoW in March and Comet in September.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if I should apply for a loan from the bank.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

$500 million, 3 years development time and still no new planet eh? I've seen Sean Murray generate a whole new planet in under 3 seconds.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided

I'll also add, that this is supposed to be what Penny Arcade saw from what was cut from the game. Titled "Fan-Fiction"Dat story.

Roadshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Roadshell

So if this all goes as planned and assuming those last two DLC packs are comparable with The Dark Below and The House of Wolves, that would leave us with 44 story missions, 14 Strikes, and 6 Raids, and presumably leave the level cap somewhere around 50.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@roadshell: I think they will up the level cap to 30 with the expansion and 40 with items. After the two DLCs maybe we will land on 45 with items.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably won't be able to address the criticisms of Destiny until an actual sequel, but my friend group is still having fun playing Destiny and I'm having fun with 'em so I'll have a good time with this stuff.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@brendan said:

They probably won't be able to address the criticisms of Destiny until an actual sequel, but my friend group is still having fun playing Destiny and I'm having fun with 'em so I'll have a good time with this stuff.

Agreed, and same here. The co-op is still a hoot.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

how much does one thing have to do with another? I'm not buying current DLC cause it doesn't seem worth it to me. If comet is just another DLC will I be able to get it and just skip this current stuff? They really seem to be messing with base game too much with each DLC, seems like it would be easier to release new game. If they charge you 1/3 the cost the original than one would think comet would be atleast $30-40. If its $40, just release new game starting over.

Roadshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@roadshell: I think they will up the level cap to 30 with the expansion and 40 with items. After the two DLCs maybe we will land on 45 with items.

I might have misunderstood, but the way I was seeing it is that the level cap after Dark Below was Base 20 + 12 Light, so after House of Wolves it would be Base 20 + 14 Light, then after Comet it would be Base 30 + 16 Light, then after the next two DLCs it would be Base 30 + 18 Light and Base 30 + 20 Light respectively.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

I might have misunderstood, but the way I was seeing it is that the level cap after Dark Below was Base 20 + 12 Light, so after House of Wolves it would be Base 20 + 14 Light, then after Comet it would be Base 30 + 16 Light, then after the next two DLCs it would be Base 30 + 18 Light and Base 30 + 20 Light respectively.

If they are adding new sub-classes then more base levels would make sense. It shouldn't be a huge deal as all the base levels seem to really do is act as a modifier for the quality of drops. It would mainly just mean adjusting all the stuff that now is set in the light levels, to either make it harder and needing to be 30+ or take away the light level status from them and make them standard level 20-30 enemies.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@blu3v3nom07: That's at least something. I mean, I can understand the main character not having that big of a personality, since it's pretty common in games, but if the world and narrative was immersive and interesting, it would have been fine. I mean, Bungie conveyed MC's character in a very subtle way, so why couldn't they have done the same?

This wasn't about them failing to deliver a good story, the problem was that THERE was no story. At all. This pic you posted at least has some substance, which is better than nothing.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pyrodactyl

On paper, to anyone who hasn't played much of Destiny this might sound great. 2 new weapon types, a new open location and a new subclass actually sound awesome but everything else is meh.

Unless they change their goddamn mission design, story missions will be as boring and useless as ever. You can have 3, 12 or 50, who gives a damn? Even the more chalenging missions of the dark below are a breeze for anyone still playing Destiny at this point. The fact that there is ZERO narrative doesn't help either. Same thing goes for strikes. That mission designer needs a hard slap across the face to come up with better things than ''move through this pretty environment'' and ''shoot stuff''.

Less than a week after that expansion comes out the raid is going to be the only thing that matters and I fucking hope to god it's not half baked like Crota's end. They should make the other content more diverse and interesting and overhaul the progression so you actually want to engage with stuff outside of the raid.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The original Destiny burnt me too bad to go back. I especially don't care about this content if it requires me to play the 2 DLCs to get anything out of it.

The crazy thing is that image implies that even this "expansion pack" will only add one new location. Utter garbage.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should start looking for a second job...Do some part time work or something before September hits.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thiago123

Blah blah negativity, Destiny $500 million boo hoo.

Meanwhile you're all missing the point, Nanako is feeling super warm and cozy under that Kotatsu, you guys.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, do we get a decent and engaging story with likeable characters this time?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they cut so much content?

Why do I keep playing it?

Will they admit it's bad and make Destiny 2 good?

Will they admit it's bad and make Destiny 1 good?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.