Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Switching platforms.

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I recently picked up an Xbox One and I was thinking of getting the Legendary Edition of The Taken King on the Xbox. I have a lvl 25 warlock on the PS4 but some of friends and co-workers play on the Xbox. My hours differ greatly from them and I will not get to play that regularly with them so my question is, do you think it is worth the time to invest in the Xbox version? Also how does the Xbox version compare to the PS4? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't know, it's fine.

:/: Blu3V3nom07 if you wanna do a raid or whatever.

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You get the item that immediately levels you up to 25, don't you? I assume you get one of those in the legendary edition or were they exclusive to people who played before?

Anyway, if you get one of those, you can switch without losing much. You've LVL 25 anyway, so that would be that and all the new loot you find is immediately better than your old stuff, yes, even than most exotics. The only stuff you would really lose is Rep you might have earned, but that's not too bad. I played the game on both systems and they look and perform almost identical, but you're not getting the PS exclusive stuff, which is...not that great/much anyway. So look into the option of getting one of those Sparks of Light and if you do, consider switching! The game is mostly identical, but it's always better with friends.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ry_Ry

I've always tried to play where my friends are, so I'd say go enjoy the Xbox version.

reallyroshan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xshinobi: hey, welcome to the Xbox One, hope you're liking it so far. I wouldn't be worried about switching and starting with the Taken King here since even your best gear becomes obsolete as you play through the main quest line in TTK.

I'm roshanetc on XBL: message and add me if you're looking for someone to roll with!

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I checked recently, and you can't use your PS network character on XBOX, so you'd have to level up again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.