Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

That PS4 exclusive strike sounds bad

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's mostly the last story mission played in reverse with more ennemies and a Nexus/Templar type boss at the end. But this time, he has a 3 shields spanning 270 degrees instead of single 180 degree shield. I'm not sure that's what people had in mind when they said Destiny didn't have enough content Bungie...

Here's a video of the strike

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only just started watching the video, but when your community manager starts with phrases like, "The Black Garden in reverse" I... well... yay honesty?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not exactly surprising, the PlayStation exclusive missions in Assassin's Creed have always been poor. Same goes for the ones in Mafia II.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well...that's disappointing.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@asherv20: Yeah, at least they aren't hiding it behind smoke and mirrors like they did the rest of the game.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was fun.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh, you mean companies aren't going to put effort into content that shouldn't exist in the first place and will only be played by a fraction of half of their possible audience? Weird...

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By overnow

I don't really mind the backtracking through the black garden bit but I have a pretty fucking big problem with that boss. I know a lot of the strike bosses are just juiced up versions of normal enemies, Valus is a big Colossus, the Flayers are colour coded psions, Sepiks is a big servitor, Sekrion is a big hydra, Phogoth is a big ogre, and Aksor is just Riksis but not as super easy. Now we get a boss that is basically Sekrion with a less effective shield, making it the third major Hydra of the game counting the Templar.

I wish there were more unique boss designs instead of just bigger, harder versions of enemies that may be regularly encountered. I don't mind some bigger guys but at least have a few that are unique. I have yet to see the other strike boss but this definitely has me feeling a little uneasy.

edit: looked up another strike boss and, surprise the Omnighoul is just a big wizard

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That sucks. I didn't like the PS4 exclusive strike with the scions, and this one sounds stupid as well. I'm beginning to wonder whether Bungie is just trying to ride its popularity out until Destiny 2, and just shoving content out there now for what is essentially a game that can no longer do any "good."

It's sad, but Destiny has shot itself in the foot pretty badly this time. There is no reaction to the backlash but a bunch of business nonsense that avoids the issue by making it seem like it doesn't exist. If Destiny 2 doesn't live up to the standards they have basically condemned themselves to, I don't know if they can come back from this. I just hope they quietly realize what a fuck up they have made, and make it up with the second.

Who knows.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: unlike these games destiny's exclusives are timed. So you would think that they'll work harder on them

joey2683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@legion_ said:

I thought it was fun.

Same here, I enjoyed climbing the stairs running from cover to cover shooting a million robots.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@legion_ said:

I thought it was fun.

Yep, same here. I can name worse Strikes. Too bad it won't ever be in rotation for the Weekly.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Y2Ken

It's a fun strike. Honestly I agree with your point about bosses though. I'd love to see a few mechanics in Strikes along the lines of what the Raids have to offer. For example, you could have certain spots or gates that you had to lure an enemy through to temporarily bring down their shield. Or have to activate a few terminals to reveal a weak spot. Perhaps even spawn in a few enemies that protect the boss from damage until you take them out.

Doesn't have to be complicated, but it'd be appreciated because the fights in the Raids are so much fun thanks to their different requirements. Even as it is, I do still enjoy the feel of that game so much that what they do have to offer is still fun to me. But I think they could push players at least a little more for the Strikes. Would encourage people tonot just solo Weekly/Nightfall Strikes as well.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Hestilllives19

@legion_: Agreed, I played it with a couple buddies and really enjoyed it. It was super short and basically all we did was Super over and over and collect orbs, and then done. Boss was super garbage though. I agree that they need some serious help with creating better, more unique boss battles, because the existing ones are kind of terrible. Omnighoul wasn't even hard if it wasn't for the obnoxious amount of spawning ads.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Yeah, that's true. Any word on how Crota is? Is he really just a really big Knight?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

We tried last night. Getting to Crota's room is weird, depends on the group and weapons, sometimes its fairly painless, sometimes it takes a bit of time. I think it can be done it around 18 minutes though. Then there is a fight with wizards before you unlock Crota. Once you kill all of them it unlocks the Crota fight, just like Atheon in VOG. Basically Crota is a giant shielded knight that can only be damaged by a sword like the one in The Sword of Crota mission from the single player. He roams a U shaped platform with two stairways at the edge and a giant glass room behind the U. There are also two towers on each side beside the middle where Crota spawns. Inside the U is a lower platform where ads spawn. All of the ads are level 32 and there is no health regeneration in the fight. I'm trying to keep this as spoiler free as possible and just describe the enemy types and locations. It's a decently fun fight, but I think it is going to go quicker once people learn the fight than VOG because its just so much shorter of a distance to travel through. IGN staff already beat it in 30.05 minutes, and I'm not sure if that's the record right now or if it's just the fastest I've seen. VOG took 45 minutes at best for most, though I think the record is still at around 31 minutes, but that was just done recently, this obviously doesn't include cheeses. So Crota is already faster less than a week out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.