Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

The Taken King Details Leak

• 59 results
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sepsis, son of Pugilist, friend of no one :(

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Sorry if this double posts. I was excited for the trailer but I think this vid doc does a better job at explaining what is coming in the expansion. New powers seem cool and from the sounds of it, lets actually wait and see though, that they are making some meaningful changes. Little bummed that the enemies are just reskinned and have a tweaked UI but I'll still play it.

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zeik

I wish I could be more excited for this, I did enjoy my time with this game around launch, and I would love to have a reason to jump back in, but Bungie's DLC pricing is just absurd. This thing is going to be the same price as FFXIV's upcoming expansion, and there's just no way this thing will have half as much content as that, even if it does come with a whole new planet. (Assuming the new planet would be on the scale of previous planets.)

Hopefully this will stuff will go on sale someday, or they'll release a "complete" version of the game where I can get all the DLC within $20-30. It will be after everyone has done all the content to death, but oh well. Better than spending $150+ on the game + DLC.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zeik said:

I wish I could be more excited for this, I did enjoy my time with this game around launch, and I would love to have a reason to jump back in, but Bungie's DLC pricing is just absurd. This thing is going to be the same price as FFXIV's upcoming expansion, and there's just no way this thing will have half as much content as that, even if it does come with a whole new planet. (Assuming the new planet would be on the scale of previous planets.)

Hopefully this will stuff will go on sale someday, or they'll release a "complete" version of the game where I can get all the DLC within $20-30. It will be after everyone has done all the content to death, but oh well. Better than spending $150+ on the game + DLC.

You can get a complete version. There's a $60 box that includes the main game, all the previous DLC, and this one.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Ah, you're right, I missed that. I'm still not going to pay that much, but the fact that that exists means it should be much easier to find it on sale at some point in the future.

Though in a way that almost makes it more ridiculous that they're charging $40 for the stand-alone DLC.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

You can get a complete version. There's a $60 box that includes the main game, all the previous DLC, and this one.

Jeez, talk about a KO to early adopters.

Anyway, more content is always a plus, but I hope they focus on content they've done decently so far. More Strikes and PoE maps, less missions, as Bungie's mission design has taken quite a dive.

Also, match-making. Seriously Bungie, it's 2015, there's really no excuse.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

$40 for one mission? And new class options when creating a character (something only useful to someone buying/playing the full game for the first time... or playing the entire main game over again)?

What is a raid?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Loyal day one fans - standard game, season pass, new expansion = 135 dollars

New players - standard game, season pass, new expansion = 60 dollars

Bungie is essentially saying "You know that game that you paid 60 dollars for, and those DLC add-ons that were basically $17.50 each? Well now we value the game to be worth $10, and the expansions to be $5 each."

They're charging their most loyal customers far too damn much for this. That this expansion isn't 30 at most is pretty revolting.

And if you just own the standard game, you can't even look at the season pass content and say "that's way too overpriced, but I'll buy the good expansion for 40," because you HAVE to own both previous DLC add-ons before you can play the new one.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rachelepithet: Umm no idea where you are getting this info, but the new spec for every class is available to any character. Not known yet if it will just be unlocked at the go, or you need to do a mission for it, but everyone will have access to the 3rd spec of their class.

And there is a ton more then one mission, and the early details have already confirmed new areas (Mar's Moon for sure), and the raid looks to be pretty big and rad (Oryx has a big space base it looks like). Raids are 6 player PVE dungeons that are bigger then strikes, have the best gear/weapons, and include very hard challenges/boss encounters that require much communication.

So far the details coming out of E3 about The Taken King make it seem actually worthy to be called an expansion, where the last 2 should have just been called DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.