Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Why I will buy the DLC... And hate myself for it.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Hestilllives19

Destiny is one of those weirdly polarizing games for me. It deserves every 7 out of 10 it got, and no more. There are parts to the game I absolutely hate, and then there are things it did flawlessly. Bungie then made updates that made the game much worse, better, just different, worse, and now drastically better (last patch fixed the biggest flaw in the game of crafting materials, cut grind down by literally hours). Now Activision is asking an arm and a leg at $20 for the DLC which is universally accepted as being absorbent for the content. But for those of us that have stuck it out through all the mess of this game, and joined The Lincoln Force, Bungie made something I haven't found in a game since Socom Fireteam Bravo 2 on the PSP (weirdly the game that took me from a casual gamer to a guy that reads forums on gaming). A game where it's less about the game, and the things it does right like Story and Level design (things Destiny is sorely lacking), and more about your fellow Guardians. Most of the 20-30 guardians I play with I met here through the GB forums (I must say most people suck, but you GBers are pretty fine duders) and it has been a ridiculously fun ride to go on with you guys. As much as it disgusts me that they want people to take out a second mortgage on their house to pay for the DLC packs, I'm going to take the plunge, and probably hate myself for it.

See you guys in the new raid next week.

And to all my fellow NA Central peeps, keep up the good work, you guys are awesome.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still loving Destiny. Purchased the DLC yesterday... no regrets. Could use some more XBL friends if anyone wants to add me... confideration

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I just got back into Destiny after the latest patch. I really like this game. You know what... screw it... I love it.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I also have ordered the DLC on XOne. Lvl 30 titan that will be looking to do the new raid next week, feel free to add me on XBL: Harpua418

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By sammo21

I haven't gotten on since I hit level 30. I played Crucible for about 2 hours and then did a run of bounties. Didn't really do much for me. I didn't really buy the DLC as it came with my game but if these 2 DLCs are no better than what they look/what I feel they will be then I won't actually purchase the 3rd. $20 for that? lol, no.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good, we'll need more to run the raid. Once you're with us, you're always with us *cackles*

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While I personally fell out of destiny awhile ago I still hope the people playing it are having fun, don't feel bad about enjoying stuff man. Play the shit out of that DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.