Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

.detuned

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 15, 2009

.detuned is an interactive music game PSN release from .theprodukkt. The 'gameplay' focuses around controlling the music, and making the main character transform himself and dance.

.detuned worth it?

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By chililili

Just wanted to know if in your opinion .detuned is worth the 3 dollars? Asking cause there are no reviews on it and just wanted to know.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

I would like to know how it works.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

It's a LOT like that Linger in Shadows.  Both are commercial demoscene products.  I have not bought either, and I'd say neither are worth buying.

I don't think either demo has held up to high quality free PC scene demos, and they definitely could do more with the PS3 hardware.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Genkkaku

It's way more interactive than Linger in Shadows was

Its pretty fun, my friend bought it and i played a bit of it, 
    -you choose what music plays in the background
    -the face buttons (with some D-Pad) change to style (i dunno what to call it) like elephant, balloon, mushroom
    -The L buttons change the guys head so in Balloon his head slowly turns into a balloon every time you hit L2 and L1 changes it back
    -The R buttons change the music like pitch, timing, speed, R2 to change, R1 to change it back 
    -Spinning the Right thumbstick moves the guy faster and slower in his preset animation
    -Spinning the left thumbstick alters the zoom
    -And the sixaxis moves the camera around

It's really kinda trippy, but i dunno how mcuh the appeal could last

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

My stance is this: We can support weird stuff being released, or we can not drop the couple of bucks and let Sony know: We WILL buy crazy things. Support the originality, not the quality.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore
    @nintendoeats: I'd rather have fun unoriginal games than mediocre original games.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoeats
    @nanikore: Explaining why I disagree with you on that most basic level would take more time then I care to spend at the moment. However, look at it another way: there is no reason that we cannot have fun games AND unique ones (an occasionaly both together). Just dropping the occasional couple of dollars here and there can add a whole other dimension to any art form, by supporting things imply because they are wierd.

I don't want to write a treatise on the subject right now though.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milkman
    @nintendoeats said:
    " My stance is this: We can support weird stuff being released, or we can not drop the couple of bucks and let Sony know: We WILL buy crazy things. Support the originality, not the quality. "
    What kind of backwards fucked up logic is that? If a game is utter shit, I should buy it just because it's unique? No. I support good games. Period. If you want to be unique and arty than make your game good, not just different for the sake of being different. 
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nintendoeats

@milkman: That is what I call the "Doom 3" fallacy. People bitched about the flashlight mechanic in Doom 3 because it seemed unreasonable (ductape mods anyone?) and people thought it detracted from the fun. However, I take a different stance. If I am playing a new video game, it is because Iw ant it to be differnet from the other games I have played. So I welcome the flashlight mechanic because it made Doom 3 a very different experience. I fundementally crave variety, and sometimes that means taking pleasure in the newness of something rather than that direct line between it and "fun."

In this case, while I did not find much of specific interest in Detune or Linger in Shadows, I will do anything I can to support the whole notion of just messing about and seeing what happens. It takes alot of experimentation to come across something really amazing, and I wouldn't want to stop that just because the path is a little dirty. Thats why these "games" cost so little. They are experiments, not fully developed ideas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.