Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

10-hour previews

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

Its seems very good for now and I really want to play it. I am a bit concerned by the waypoints and although you can turn them off it sounds like it makes it harder than it should be. The hub world and side missions also sound really good but it may end up breaking the immersion if everybody Jensen interacts with has a problem that only he can fix. Same goes for the cutscenes I really hope they keep it fairly consistant with the actual game and how the player may play, I don't want Jensen to blow open a door and kill everyone inside in a gun battle if I sneaked my way to that point and didn't kill anyone. All in all the games looks great and sounds like everything a Deus Ex game should be I really can't wait to play. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

it's a PC game developed on consoles and ported to PC

nothing to fucking see here, this isn't Deus Ex, it only has the same name.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaneDev
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I think your over reacting. It looks really good but its very disappointing that they outsourced the PC version to someone else. So far though it has pretty much everything a Deus Ex game should have plus improvements. Its not out for a while but everything I have seen bar a few minor annoyances has looked great.
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By oraknabo
    @ShaneDev said: 
    ...Same goes for the cutscenes I really hope they keep it fairly consistant with the actual game and how the player may play, I don't want Jensen to blow open a door and kill everyone inside in a gun battle if I sneaked my way to that point and didn't kill anyone.
    Yeah, something that would be really great is if they had 3 or 4 variations of some cutscenes that played based on your dominant style of play for the current level you're on.
    Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dogma

I went  and played this in Copenhagen. I was not that hyped for this game and it demanded a couple of hours to really get the hang of it and then I really really started liking it. I have no clue how much we got to play. A fourth? A fitfth? Felt like we just scratched the surface. I like all the sidequesting and ahow the actually seemed to manage to give you the liberty to explore areas for yourself without it feeling binary. I really loved a part where I had to explore a whole police station. 

I'm got quite hoped so August can't come soon enough! ^^

DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DaSmart1

I had the same fears, and then I played the beta. The beta is simply absolutely amazing. It plays like Deus Ex but with better graphics and gameplay. Honestly, I don't think anyone should be worried about the PC version because the beta was amazing and looked pretty good with the highest settings (besides the fact that character animations are slightly...bad, but that doesn't have anything to do with a port job anyway) and it's being handled by a team that's known for doing perfect (or near-perfect at the very least) PC ports.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.