Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

A step toward the future

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By sopachuco13

With each trailer I watch pertaining to Deus Ex: Human Revolution makes me think this is going to be the next big thing. It's a mixture of the best parts of Eastern and Western design are being melded together to form this game.   

I am excited about his game as much as I was excited about Too Human, but we all know how that turned out. I think that this prequel to the original Deus Ex is going to have an original story that will be peppered with other popular themes. Too Human, on the other hand, was a story based on Norse mythology peppered with an original story. The cyberpunk mix of technology encroaching in upon our natural world is a theme that has been used in facinating ways (i.e. Blade Runner), in "interesting" ways (i.e. Too Human), or in terrible ways (i.e. Johnny Mnemonic).  

The trailers that have been released recently show many of the cool new mechanics being incorporated into the game. The technological advancements, which are the main plot device, will help Adam Jensen move through the environment in a variety of ways. I can't wait to find out how these advancements are going to change the story based on Jensen's continued augmentation.  

I am slightly worried about the first and third person perspectives being implemented in this game. This could lead to some tough camera angles, or the cover mechanics, if not monitored, could end up being infuriating. But, overall I don't think that there are many reasons yet to be skeptical about the percieved quaility of this game. I think that if Eidos Montreal stays on target. Also, if they understand how much this game could do for their parent company. This game could get Square back into the realm of making games that are popular the world over, instead of just popular in Japan. We keep on hearing about the Japanese game market being dead, but games like this (whether it's being developed in Canada or in Japan) have the power to kill that theory that Japanese developers are circling the drain.
    sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sopachuco13

With each trailer I watch pertaining to Deus Ex: Human Revolution makes me think this is going to be the next big thing. It's a mixture of the best parts of Eastern and Western design are being melded together to form this game.   

I am excited about his game as much as I was excited about Too Human, but we all know how that turned out. I think that this prequel to the original Deus Ex is going to have an original story that will be peppered with other popular themes. Too Human, on the other hand, was a story based on Norse mythology peppered with an original story. The cyberpunk mix of technology encroaching in upon our natural world is a theme that has been used in facinating ways (i.e. Blade Runner), in "interesting" ways (i.e. Too Human), or in terrible ways (i.e. Johnny Mnemonic).  

The trailers that have been released recently show many of the cool new mechanics being incorporated into the game. The technological advancements, which are the main plot device, will help Adam Jensen move through the environment in a variety of ways. I can't wait to find out how these advancements are going to change the story based on Jensen's continued augmentation.  

I am slightly worried about the first and third person perspectives being implemented in this game. This could lead to some tough camera angles, or the cover mechanics, if not monitored, could end up being infuriating. But, overall I don't think that there are many reasons yet to be skeptical about the percieved quaility of this game. I think that if Eidos Montreal stays on target. Also, if they understand how much this game could do for their parent company. This game could get Square back into the realm of making games that are popular the world over, instead of just popular in Japan. We keep on hearing about the Japanese game market being dead, but games like this (whether it's being developed in Canada or in Japan) have the power to kill that theory that Japanese developers are circling the drain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.