About Malik....(Spoilers)

#1 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

Hey was just interested in how you guys handled the helicopter crash part, did you manage to save her? If so then how?

I thought it'd be interesting to ask because that was the most stressful part of the game for me, especially since I'm playing on hard or whatever it's called. Took me a couple of tries but I used the minigun combined with the machine pistol running around like crazy and I got it, I had to look up online if it was even possible to rescue her so I wasn't wasting my time

#2 Edited by Getz (2989 posts) -

I don't really remember how I did it, but it wasn't too hard for me. I think I used my typhoon and take-downs a bunch. For all the rocket launchers and miniguns, a couple of Powerbars are the most dangerous weapon in the game :)

#3 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I also checked online if it was possible to save her cause I failed the first time, I plan on letting her burn on my second playthrough (but who knows when that will be...).

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

She died before I even got up to the first dude so I kind of didn't care.

#5 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

I quickly sniped most of the enemies with the tranquilizer rifle and took out the few that remained with melee.

#6 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Wait, you can save her? Well now I'll have to play through it again, this time guns a blazin'!

#7 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I didn't know you could save her.

#8 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I couldn't save her. She died before I could figure out how to approach the whole thing. Man, seeing her later was really unsettling.

#9 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

It was always kind of weird that if you don't save her, you can find her corpse later on but have absolutely no character reaction to her.  Also her corpse has no loot sadly.

#10 Posted by AndrewB (7496 posts) -

You really have to rush into things and draw fire away from her as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that means you're going to be soaking up a lot of bullets. I just made sure to draw away the guys with the miniguns first, and used the explosion from the death of the incoming mech (killed with EMP grenades) to take out some more. Once the heavy stuff is out of the way, you just have to rush to mop up the last of them.

It took quite a few times on my first playthrough because I was trying to rush it. You have to balance out spending time to regen health with haste to make sure she lives. After I had it down, doing it again on hardest difficulty didn't even require a second try.

#11 Posted by Karkarov (2984 posts) -

Easiest way? Run up the side, jump onto the second level, head shot guy one, take down or headshot guy 2, headshot mini gun dudes/grenade them, emp grenage huge robot (it is a robot so this is a one shot kill), drop down, take down dude to right, move right headshot, building on the left just rush in guns blazing.

#12 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Turambar said:

It was always kind of weird that if you don't save her, you can find her corpse later on but have absolutely no character reaction to her. Also her corpse has no loot sadly.

Yeah, he could at least say something. Instead he just kept quiet. Which made the whole thing even more disturbing.

#13 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

It was kind of easy actually, just take out the dudes that do the most damage first, and headshots, always headshots. Just draw the fire away from Malik, and i think i used the assault rifle, sniper rifle and 1 emp grenade.

#14 Posted by Dejkrigeren (384 posts) -

I managed to save her without killing anybody... Fucking pacifist achievement.

#15 Posted by Anatana (79 posts) -

@Dejkrigeren said:

same, on expert. I popped an energy jar, cloaked, and ran up into the fray and started tazering everyone while invisible in the main court yard, and then EMPd the robot as soon as it fell. After that, ran to the back and started picking the elevated guys off one by one with a mix of stun gun and takedown was easy as hell because they are all focused only on malik.

#16 Posted by NickLott (792 posts) -

For me trying to play without killing anyone, this was incredibly difficult but I managed to pull it off.

#17 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Anatana said:

@Dejkrigeren said:

same, on expert. I popped an energy jar, cloaked, and ran up into the fray and started tazering everyone while invisible in the main court yard, and then EMPd the robot as soon as it fell. After that, ran to the back and started picking the elevated guys off one by one with a mix of stun gun and takedown was easy as hell because they are all focused only on malik.

This was my favorite part of the game. Taking everyone down non-lethal made me feel like a huge badass.

#18 Posted by Grillbar (1797 posts) -

@Venatio said:

Hey was just interested in how you guys handled the helicopter crash part, did you manage to save her? If so then how?

I thought it'd be interesting to ask because that was the most stressful part of the game for me, especially since I'm playing on hard or whatever it's called. Took me a couple of tries but I used the minigun combined with the machine pistol running around like crazy and I got it, I had to look up online if it was even possible to rescue her so I wasn't wasting my time

saved her with no problems. only reason i tried was that i diddent go for the pacifist trophy. at some point ill try and get that and the hardest dif trophy

#19 Edited by mpgeist (594 posts) -

I was a pacifist until that point. When I saw her go down there was no way I was letting them kill her, lol. I think I used my sniper rifle mostly.

#20 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

Sniped the snipers and heavys then moved in and wiped out the rest.

#21 Posted by GTCknight (665 posts) -

First time couldn't save her. Second and third times too easy (and I have always played both stealth and guns and blazing), then again I play rather insanely.

In case you actually care. I said that because by the time I got there I had over half of every augmention maxed out, and as for ammo lets just say that I needed to use them up.

#22 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Yeah, saved her - took a while to work out how to do it without killing anyone - the main issue being that EMPing the mech that drops in will kill the heavies... which wasn't what I was going for. So I wound up tazering/non-lethally taking down the heavies (I don't remember which) and then dragging them to safety.

Extreme euphoria when I made it.

Second playthrough, I let her die, just to see how it would change the story... But yeah, I was ready to drop the Pacifict trophy for a while there, in my first playthrough :)

#23 Posted by Neferon (262 posts) -

Lots of headshots + 1 emp. Failed on the first try though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.