Adam Jensen is a stupid stupid name!

#1 Edited by Castiel (2616 posts) -

I can't take that name seriously. First of all Adam Jensen reminds me too much of Amin Jensen, a Danish not so funny  "Comedian": 

This is what I see every time I hear the name Adam Jensen 
Also Adam Jensen is a stupid combination of names. It sounds incredibly dumb in Danish. Kinda like if called a guy Johnson Jack in English, actually that sounds kinda cool. Scratc that! If you called a guy Jack John, you will know how I feel about this. 

I just had to get this of my chest. They seriously couldn't have picked a worse name for the protagonist IMHO.
#2 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Silly Danish, Trix are for kids!

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

Well, I think Castiel is a stupid name. What do you think about that?

#4 Posted by Castiel (2616 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Well, I think Castiel is a stupid name. What do you think about that? "
Meh.. I'm fine. It's not my name anyway ;P 

Now MooseyMcMan on the other hand... ewww
#5 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

it's fine to my american ears however :)

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Adam Jetson would be better.

#7 Posted by Castiel (2616 posts) -

What if they called him Jack John? 

How would you like that... HUH?

#8 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@Castiel said:
" What if they called him Jack John?  How would you like that... HUH? "
no one uses john for last names, though? It's not like I haven't heard Jensen as a last name before. Johnson maybe, but Jack Johnson isn't a bad name
#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

hmm.. Adam Jensen... yeah doesnt sound too good

#10 Edited by Max_Cherry (1133 posts) -

It's good compared to his brother's name, Saul Jensen.

#11 Posted by AuthenticM (3732 posts) -

It sounds pretty normal to me.

#12 Posted by Fluxxed (81 posts) -

Jesus Christ Jensen.
Deep..

#13 Edited by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I can sort of guess why they called him Adam since it's it's related to the whole "Human Revolution" business but I've no idea where the Jensen part comes in. I dunno, it's alright but it's certainly no Booker DeWitt.

#14 Posted by SonKite (70 posts) -

Just call him JC Denton
#15 Posted by TheHT (11292 posts) -

JC Denton, Walton Simmons, Tracer Tong, Alex Denton, Adam Jensen, Gary Savage, etc... 

It fits!

#16 Posted by Brendan (7811 posts) -

Sounds fine to me.

#17 Edited by haggis (1677 posts) -
@Laketown said:

" @Castiel said:

" What if they called him Jack John?  How would you like that... HUH? "
no one uses john for last names, though? It's not like I haven't heard Jensen as a last name before. Johnson maybe, but Jack Johnson isn't a bad name "
Actually, a friend of mine is named David John. John isn't a common last name, but it's not unusual, either. So Jack John sounds fine to me. Jensen, on the other hand, is an incredibly common last name. I think Adam Jensen isn't a great name for a character, but I don't see what the big deal is.

Edit: Also, can't think of a worse name? Melvin Weiner. Frances Pym. Those are just two guys I used to work with. (Sorry guys, if you see this, but you've got crazy names.)
#18 Posted by Scrawnto (2450 posts) -

Yeah, Jack Johnson and John Jackson aren't that bad. I don't have a problem with Adam Jensen either.

#19 Posted by Hailinel (24842 posts) -

Sounds like a perfectly normal name for a North American.

#20 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Someone likes to complain.

#21 Posted by august (3846 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" I can sort of guess why they called him Adam since it's it's related to the whole "Human Revolution" business but I've no idea where the Jensen part comes in. I dunno, it's alright but it's certainly no Booker DeWitt. "
The root "gen" in general refers to birth, such as in "generation" and "engender." Not the actual source of the real-world name, but the sound was probably what they were going for.
#22 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Ben Roethlisberger    is a stupid person. Amin Jensen kind of looks like Ben.

#23 Posted by Dogma (961 posts) -

But....right me if I'm wrong but ain't "Jensen" a typical danish last name? So it's a first name followed by a last name? What's wrong with that? I can pronounce it in danish and I can't find anything stupid about it more than it sounds very danish or nordic. Then it's a bummer that you hear "Amin Jensen" but that's all on you. I really don't think the developers shall consider potential danish comedians when they choose their names. ^^

#24 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

JC Denton sounded like someone in a boy band.  Then you realized JC was meant to symbolize Jesus Christ, mind blown.

#25 Posted by Nixtwix (43 posts) -

WHY DO THEY GIVE NAMES TO CHARACTERS OMG

#26 Posted by TheVideoHustler (406 posts) -

If you've played the other games the name fits. Both with the somewhat biblical and cyber-punk roots

#27 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

They call me Shades Goldblack.

#28 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Ever since having a chat with ZeForgotten on these forums i have developed a great hate for the Danish,its what makes me get up in the morning :D

#29 Posted by Droop (1879 posts) -

Good ol' Amin.

#30 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:
" They call me Shades Goldblack. "
i fucking wish
#31 Posted by Brodehouse (9951 posts) -
@Scrawnto said:
" Yeah, Jack Johnson and John Jackson aren't that bad. I don't have a problem with Adam Jensen either. "
But I prefer robotic Richard Nixon.

Adam Jensen is a great name, but when I think of scary, throaty voiced cyberaugs who hang out with visionary businessmen with a widow's peak, I think Simons and Page.
#32 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2387 posts) -

Jack Johnson needs to be in this game now. 

#33 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
#34 Posted by Castiel (2616 posts) -
@luce said:
" "
Haha okay I will try ;)
#35 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1701 posts) -

People xomplain about the stupidest little things.
#36 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

#37 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I'm going to take a wild guess that Jensen was chosen because it is close to  Gene-son.  Just my guess from having never played a Deus Ex game. 
#38 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@YoungFrey said:
" I'm going to take a wild guess that Jensen was chosen because it is close to  Gene-son.  Just my guess from having never played a Deus Ex game.  "
I'm agreeing with you, having played the first all the way through.  I'm willing to bet that he is the 'genesis' of the denton brothers- being that...  Well...  Nevermind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.