Adam's voice

#1 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

Is it just me or does he sound freakishly like Christian Kane? Angel/Leverage fans know who im talking about, if you don't youtube him. I am only about 2 hours in but i can stop picturing this guy when he talks. On that note the game is amazing my only 2 complaints IS the stiff voice acting from some of the characters and stiff/odd looking animation when in conversations.

#2 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

From what I've heard it reminds me of Solid Snake (ie, typical gruff-voice male hero).

#3 Posted by Maluvin (261 posts) -
@Styl3s: I hadn't thought about it until now but yeah it totally reminds me of that guy's voice.
#4 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -
#5 Posted by rmanthorp (3854 posts) -

I'M BATMAN!

#6 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I don't know, but I love the voice. LOVE it.

#7 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

I cannot believe that I am the first one to state that he sounds just like Snake Plissken.

#8 Posted by FritzDude (2250 posts) -

I now understand why they called him Adam.

#9 Posted by Chop (1992 posts) -

Yup, Christian Kane is the first thing I thought when I heard him.  

Too bad his is basically the only good fucking voice in the game. Anyone else have a serious problem with the voice acting in the game?

#10 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Sounds more like a man who's had 1,000,000 too many cigarettes actually. In other words, generic male-protagonist gruff voice.

#11 Posted by NickLott (791 posts) -

It's weird, ever since I first heard his voice in the trailer, I thought he sounded a lot like JC Denton from the first game.

#12 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -
@NickLott said:

It's weird, ever since I first heard his voice in the trailer, I thought he sounded a lot like JC Denton from the first game.

weird... i thought he sounded more like Walton Simon :P

#13 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

No it's this guy...

David Morse - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Morse_(actor)

#14 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@Marz: Walton Simons is definitely the first one who came to mind when I heard Adam's voice.
#15 Posted by stoydell (58 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8JJWIJMB-A&feature=related He reminds me of this man, Seth Bullock from Deadwood. Minor spoilers from the end of Season 1.

#16 Posted by Brodehouse (9519 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ
@Marz: Walton Simons is definitely the first one who came to mind when I heard Adam's voice.
When I first saw the trailer last year I thought you played as Walton Simons during Bob Page's rise to power.
#17 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

his voice sounded too brooding and dark for that face and body.

Everyones head is smaller than it should be.

#18 Posted by Terjay (809 posts) -

I thought the Batman growl wouldn't bother me but the Quick Look was pretty painful to listen.

#19 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Chop said:
Too bad his is basically the only good fucking voice in the game. Anyone else have a serious problem with the voice acting in the game?
Even Megan and David? I though their voice was okay in the trailers. But then again, so did Letho in The Witcher 2...
#20 Posted by syzygyeolith (92 posts) -

I wanted to play this game, but won't until I see some kind of alternative voice DLC.

I know they wanted to make this game more faithful to the classic gem in any many ways as they could.. but really?... They decided to do the awful flat voices too?

Seriously, listening to it in the quick look was just painful.

#21 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -
@syzygyeolith said:

I wanted to play this game, but won't until I see some kind of alternative voice DLC.

I know they wanted to make this game more faithful to the classic gem in any many ways as they could.. but really?... They decided to do the awful flat voices too?

Seriously, listening to it in the quick look was just painful.

Guess you are never going to play it then.
#22 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

It sounds like batman to me...

#23 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I think this is the most clownish voice I've heard since like-- PS1 games. It makes the entire game story, and everything he says, look more stupid than it is.

#24 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

I don't mind the voices themselves, but the voice "acting" is a bit off. They put the inflection on the wrong words, as if they're reading phonetically off a script in a language they don't speak. Example: "As far as rules of engagement, I'll DEFER to you" should be spoken "I'll defer to YOU" instead. It's a little distracting.

#25 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Watching the Quick Look as we speak and that is such a Batman voice, holy shit. Also getting Matrix vibes from this game.

#26 Posted by OtakuGamer (1223 posts) -

Reminds me of Snake, which is a good thing. The real voice actor is called Elias Toufexis.

#27 Posted by Luck3ySe7en (240 posts) -

His voice sounded much more normal at the beginning of the game as opposed to after his "incident". Or maybe thats just me. Either way it doesnt bother me in the least.

#28 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I haven't played the game yet, but the voice sounded really cool in the trailers. Now that I've seen the QL, however, it doesn't sound all that great anymore...

#29 Posted by BasketSnake (1153 posts) -

The voice SUCKS.

#30 Edited by EuanDewar (4687 posts) -

WHERE ARE THE OTHER DRUGS

That's all I could hear in my mind whenever he spoke.

#31 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

i dont know about the voice it seems kind of strange from what i heard in the quick look

#32 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

I don't mind the voice as much as the performance. 
I'm so curious how the french version sounds.

#33 Edited by Mahonay (828 posts) -

I think he sounds like a combination of the Batman from The Dark Night, Shawn Michaels (as Jeff noticed) and Assy McGee. Yes, Assy McGee.

http://video.adultswim.com/assy-mcgee/raisin-bagel.html

#34 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -
#35 Posted by Yakow_93 (70 posts) -

I like his voice because he reminds me of JC and Walton Simons, you know, he has a future voice, thats how people talk in the future, duh! His voice is augmented. 
I could totally see how people new to the series could hate the voice.

#36 Posted by BBQBram (2199 posts) -

I really like the voice because it is so silly and over-the-top.

#37 Edited by Mahonay (828 posts) -

@BBQBram said:

I really like the voice because it is so silly and over-the-top.

Absolutely, personally it makes me enjoy the experience more. The silly voices of most of the characters just gives this game all the more personality and charm.

#38 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I really don't care for it at all.  Sounds like a cheap knock off of Clint Eastwood's young western movie days.
#39 Posted by Rapid (1339 posts) -

I always thought he sounded like a depressed Neo / Keanu Reeves. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.