Alarm States-Help

#1 Edited by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

Ok so I just started playing Deus Ex the other day and I'm having some trouble with figuring out the Alarm States. I'm in the Tao medical Upper Level and somehow triggered a Hostile alarm-state. I waited for it to change to "alarmed" and then disappear, but every time I walk back around a guard, they immediately go Hostile. If this is a game where once a hostile thing is triggered you don't have any other choice but to kill all the guards in an area I seriously don't want to play it anymore. So please tell me I'm doing something wrong here because I'm enjoying the game so far.

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -
@SpartyOn
Not sure really.
There thing is specifically in Tao Young Medical you have neutral civilians that are only too happy to rat you out to the guards. So it might be that.
Also in tao young medical there are areas where guards will become hostile to you by default, regardless of your previous actions. Since there are restricted areas and you are technically an unauthorized personel.
#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11854 posts) -

Get the augmentation that tells you when people will return back to unalarmed. Also, get cloaking; if you're trying to be stealthy then that's a really helpful thing to pick up. Anyway, I had the same issue, it really annoyed me that out of nowhere guards would just warn me to get away even though I wasn't even near them :(

#4 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@SpartyOn: Also in tao young medical there are areas where guards will become hostile to you by default, regardless of your previous actions. Since there are restricted areas and you are technically an unauthorized personel.

it's probably that. if you deactivated some lasers and then walked through them and got yourself seen, you're not supposed to be there! (well you are, you just can't let them see you). they don't notice that the lasers are off though . . .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.