Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Alex Jensen is a Mass Murderer (Part 1)

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By mfpantst

Ok, so I've been having some... interesting ... experiences with Deus Ex HR, to say the least.  I really like this game (that's a preface so you know what you're getting into), and think I probably should try and catalog some of my thoughts and experiences so far.  So first some prefaces and warnings:  
    I will spoil things revealed to me up to where I'm at.  Also, I have played Deus Ex and am very familiar with that fiction, and have read the published part of the 'bible' as well, so I understand the intended backstory.  As such, not being spoiled myself about the actual events past where I'm at in HR, I might spoil you if my understanding is correct.  So beware.  Also do your best not to spoil me if you're further along than me :)
     So here's where I'm at- in the china area where I just found out who the guy is who lives in the apartment the first boss sent me too.  I have to replay this last segment, however, because I followed my mass-murderer instincts as usual, killing the 5 police guarding the apartment, and turns out I screwed up and now the entire police force is after me. This is a big problem I have to fix, and will.  Anyways, some thoughts first on how this game makes me play (or the way I play given choice).  I feel like whenever I'm off a mission that nobody is watching.  So for example, while in china I stumbled on an apartment building with a girl in the hallway with a locked door across from her.  I executed her just so I could hack into the apartment, netting me nothing of interest.  This is pretty much how I have explored all of this game so far.  I'm not going on wanton killing sprees, I'm going on controlled execution style hits of what I consider to be 'valuable' assets.  I'm also trying to find every underbelly and seedy spot possible because that's where the sidequests appear to hide.
     So that's that, now onto the meaty (and potentially spoilerific) discussion.  Who exactly IS Alex Jensen.  More to the point, what is Alex Jensen?  I know the 'backstory' of Deus Ex 1 fairly well.  I know that the Dentons were part of a special breeding/cloning program and placed in foster care by the MJ12 to be specially raised so they would do MJ12's bidding in some sort of blinding patriotism.  And of course, the MJ12 were wrong and JC and Paul instead followed an honorable path, and did not bend to the will of a couple measly secret societies.  Sorry for the huge spoiler there if you didn't know, but that's what it is.  Anyways, at the end of my detroit set I found out that Alex is mysteriously adopted.  His parents' medical records are all but non-existent except for the ones showing how his mom was actually barren and how they spent alot of time and energy trying to concieve/adopt.  And that there's no record of anything happening except one day there not being an Alex Jensen and the next there being one.
    So I'm suspect.  I'm actually fairly convinced of what I now believe to be the truth: Alex Jensen is a clone of the 'dna' set that eventually makes the Dentons.  Alex's father is a member of MJ12/the illuminati (the two were once one and split off as a result of this cloning business), and the secret societies guided Alex and his parents to raise Alex in such a way that he became a cop, and was guided to work for Sarif.  As for Megan, since she seems to be the one who suggested Alex, I can't quite say.  At the end of Deus Ex, you run into a girl who is a scientist and  daughter of Morgan Everett (one of the illuminatis who spit off from MJ12).  Anyways, she knows alot about Denton and is generally good, but mildly puppeted by the MJ12.  I'm thinking that Megan might have been duped into suggesting Alex.  I'm also still willing to believe that was a double ruse and somehow Sarif is behind Alex's hiring.  In any case, this leads me to another conclusion: Bob Page (from the beginning video) and a group of conspirators (MJ12, likely to include Sarif) are coordinating Alex's development so he becomes the first of a mighty superhuman army.  I'm also willing to believe the possibility that the group involved right now is the Illuminati, and this game is telling the story of the split between the Illuminati and the MJ12, with Sarif being on the 'good' illuminati side.
     Anyways this leads me back to my playstyle.  I find interesting the story trope of the clone being designed to be a force of good, but instead turns evil, killing many innocents and potentially even it's master.  I am playing Alex like he's that clone.  Like let loose on society, he's bloody, cold and brutal because he's not a person, he has no conscience, like a clone.

Anyways, I shall report back just as soon as I figure out this police force issue.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mfpantst

Ok, so I've been having some... interesting ... experiences with Deus Ex HR, to say the least.  I really like this game (that's a preface so you know what you're getting into), and think I probably should try and catalog some of my thoughts and experiences so far.  So first some prefaces and warnings:  
    I will spoil things revealed to me up to where I'm at.  Also, I have played Deus Ex and am very familiar with that fiction, and have read the published part of the 'bible' as well, so I understand the intended backstory.  As such, not being spoiled myself about the actual events past where I'm at in HR, I might spoil you if my understanding is correct.  So beware.  Also do your best not to spoil me if you're further along than me :)
     So here's where I'm at- in the china area where I just found out who the guy is who lives in the apartment the first boss sent me too.  I have to replay this last segment, however, because I followed my mass-murderer instincts as usual, killing the 5 police guarding the apartment, and turns out I screwed up and now the entire police force is after me. This is a big problem I have to fix, and will.  Anyways, some thoughts first on how this game makes me play (or the way I play given choice).  I feel like whenever I'm off a mission that nobody is watching.  So for example, while in china I stumbled on an apartment building with a girl in the hallway with a locked door across from her.  I executed her just so I could hack into the apartment, netting me nothing of interest.  This is pretty much how I have explored all of this game so far.  I'm not going on wanton killing sprees, I'm going on controlled execution style hits of what I consider to be 'valuable' assets.  I'm also trying to find every underbelly and seedy spot possible because that's where the sidequests appear to hide.
     So that's that, now onto the meaty (and potentially spoilerific) discussion.  Who exactly IS Alex Jensen.  More to the point, what is Alex Jensen?  I know the 'backstory' of Deus Ex 1 fairly well.  I know that the Dentons were part of a special breeding/cloning program and placed in foster care by the MJ12 to be specially raised so they would do MJ12's bidding in some sort of blinding patriotism.  And of course, the MJ12 were wrong and JC and Paul instead followed an honorable path, and did not bend to the will of a couple measly secret societies.  Sorry for the huge spoiler there if you didn't know, but that's what it is.  Anyways, at the end of my detroit set I found out that Alex is mysteriously adopted.  His parents' medical records are all but non-existent except for the ones showing how his mom was actually barren and how they spent alot of time and energy trying to concieve/adopt.  And that there's no record of anything happening except one day there not being an Alex Jensen and the next there being one.
    So I'm suspect.  I'm actually fairly convinced of what I now believe to be the truth: Alex Jensen is a clone of the 'dna' set that eventually makes the Dentons.  Alex's father is a member of MJ12/the illuminati (the two were once one and split off as a result of this cloning business), and the secret societies guided Alex and his parents to raise Alex in such a way that he became a cop, and was guided to work for Sarif.  As for Megan, since she seems to be the one who suggested Alex, I can't quite say.  At the end of Deus Ex, you run into a girl who is a scientist and  daughter of Morgan Everett (one of the illuminatis who spit off from MJ12).  Anyways, she knows alot about Denton and is generally good, but mildly puppeted by the MJ12.  I'm thinking that Megan might have been duped into suggesting Alex.  I'm also still willing to believe that was a double ruse and somehow Sarif is behind Alex's hiring.  In any case, this leads me to another conclusion: Bob Page (from the beginning video) and a group of conspirators (MJ12, likely to include Sarif) are coordinating Alex's development so he becomes the first of a mighty superhuman army.  I'm also willing to believe the possibility that the group involved right now is the Illuminati, and this game is telling the story of the split between the Illuminati and the MJ12, with Sarif being on the 'good' illuminati side.
     Anyways this leads me back to my playstyle.  I find interesting the story trope of the clone being designed to be a force of good, but instead turns evil, killing many innocents and potentially even it's master.  I am playing Alex like he's that clone.  Like let loose on society, he's bloody, cold and brutal because he's not a person, he has no conscience, like a clone.

Anyways, I shall report back just as soon as I figure out this police force issue.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

You mean Adam Jensen.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vodun

Tl;dr but I am intrigued you've gone through the game, picked up on his back story, yet fail to get his name right.

left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By left4doof

You should probably finish the game first. Because I think you just might be wrong about the whole no conscience thing. The ending comes to mind .

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mfpantst

Damn.  I do mean Adam.

Sputty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sputty

This is hella spoilery but I hope people who come into this thread and start reading realize this is for people who have beaten the game

You find out who Jensen's parents are, though. They were scientists who burned down the lab Jensen was created in to stop him from being used, presumably killed for genetic material, to make more augmentation-friendly children. Jensen was born too early to be Nano-aug designed.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mfpantst
    @Sputty: Well, I was mainly speculating based on beating the first game and knowing that backstory plus the investigation I've done in game so far.  Though that sounds about right.
    left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By left4doof
    @Sputty said:

This is hella spoilery but I hope people who come into this thread and start reading realize this is for people who have beaten the game

You find out who Jensen's parents are, though. They were scientists who burned down the lab Jensen was created in to stop him from being used, presumably killed for genetic material, to make more augmentation-friendly children. Jensen was born too early to be Nano-aug designed.

Where do you find this ?
    Sputty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sputty

@left4doof said:

@Sputty said:

Where do you find this ?

You complete the mission in the last time you enter Detroit, when the riots are happening, you get sent to the PI who checked into Jensen. He tells you to go a place to find information about the person who knew him as a baby, a nurse who helped his parents get Jensen to safety, and she talks about Jensen as a baby if you have the personality augmentation and charm her. I missed it during my first playthrough and got it on the second.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mfpantst
    @left4doof: @Sputty: So for my next blog I'm going to write about exploring the environments.  I haven't decided if this is a 'throwback' design element or what, but it seems there is a non-trivial percent of Deus Ex HR players who are missing what seems like obvious side quests and information.  Not saying anything bad about anyone doing this (left4doof), just saying i'm fascinated how it certainly seems like people are missing out a little.
    left4doof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By left4doof
    @Sputty: Thanks duder
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Yanngc33
    @kingzetta
    You mean Adam Jensen.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Marz

didn't read due to the blatant use of "Alex" in the post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.