B-Ball Deus EX Style

#1 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

I spent 15 mins trying to get this ball to go through the net i finally gave up and thought i would just do a vertical hail marry and well, i was glad i was recording at the time or no one would have believed it.

#2 Posted by Gage (21 posts) -

Sign him up for the Knicks Pistons!

#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

After 15 minutes, your reward was:

5G- Balls

Put this man on suicide watch.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

I can't do it, I have the throw heavy shit aug, and it's making me throw the ball way too high :(

#5 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -
@thehexeditor said:

After 15 minutes, your reward was:

5G- Balls

Put this man on suicide watch.

Dude, we spent way more time doing that in Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Thief 1 WITHOUT achievements, so yeah, this man is pretty sane.
#6 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1177 posts) -

5G, its not the size that counts.    Huh huh huh....Balls.

#7 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

I'm in the same boat as Laketown- strength aug makes me throw the ball a damn mile.

#8 Posted by left4doof (286 posts) -
@thetenthdoctor: Just put some boxes next too the hoop , get on the boxes and let go of the ball by pressing x
#9 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Hahaha that is gorgeous. I played with that thing forever (not even knowing there was an achievement), at least 10 minutes or so. Couldn't get it to go in. Finally decided to be smarter than the video game and did what @left4doof suggested. Stacked up some boxes, climbed up, and "dunked" it.

Love this game.

#10 Edited by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

@left4doof: Dammit, that's a fine idea. And I should have thought of it too, since I already used box stacking to jump a few fences already. Thanks.

#11 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

haha, very cool, I want this game more and more.

#12 Posted by Hi_Voltg3 (57 posts) -

I just put points into my feet to make me jump really high and got it that way. Not to mention that no fence is a match for my 9 foot vertical leap, aww yeah!
#13 Posted by Getz (2997 posts) -

Dude... I totally tried doing this because I figured there'd be an achievement attached to it considering it's a reference to the first game. It looked like it went through and the 'chievment didn't pop so I stopped trying. I guess it just clipped through the net or something.

#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Is this in Detroit where you had to dispose of the two dealers for that snitch ass muthafucker?

#15 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

It's pretty cool. Most games present you with a gate and control panel to hack, and dammit you aren't getting through it until you find the password or upgrade your hacking. If you're playing Deus Ex though, there's hardly ever a time you're "stuck". If you've got a strength aug, just haul over a dumpster and vending machine and climb over that sucker. Problem solved. :D

#16 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Stack some barrels, drop ball in net, get achievement.

#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I do not like the hitching it does. 

#18 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3203 posts) -

Well...

I knew how to do that. *Snug*

#19 Posted by HatKing (5886 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
Is this in Detroit where you had to dispose of the two dealers for that snitch ass muthafucker?
Yes sir. 

I was doing this mission last night and saw the basketball.  I thought to myself, "it'd be cool if I could pick that up."  I continued walking, assuming that I couldn't.
#20 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

Balls of st... actually, looks like rubber.

Rubber. heh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.