BE READY / 2200 GMT 29 AUGUST What?

• 66 results
#1 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

On the ticker at the bottom of the main menu this message appears 
 SPECIAL MESSAGE INCOMING / BE READY / 2200 GMT 29 AUGUST 
Anybody know what's up?

#2 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

It says it's a patch right in the context.

#3 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Here's hoping we get the same load time optimization the PC version did.

#4 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@thetenthdoctor said:

I'm sure it's something that will affect all the platforms. It'd be pointless to announce a console patch on PC.

@csoup said:

Really? I hope they fix that fucking annoying stuttering on PC.

#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

I'm sure it's something that will affect all the platforms. It'd be pointless to announce a console patch on PC.

@csoup said:

I screwed around with my buddy's setup and he was having that weird micro-stutter problem as well. Didn't bother him as much, but I was foaming at the mouth.

I installed D3D overrider, and instead of in-game (just turn them off), I forced triple buffering and v-sync through that. After that I opened his Nvdia control panel and changed the max pre-rendered frames down to 1 instead of 3. This was of course after a good hour or so just going through settings and tweaking crap.

Anyway, the stutter was mostly gone! You still get some loading stutter here and there which is perfectly fine, but that annoying absolutely no reason this should be happening I'm still at 60fps WHAT THE FUCK stuttering seems to have disappeared and I enjoyed watching a good two hours of one smooth running fucking awesome game.

But yeah hopefully the patch fixes some other weird stuff going on. There has to be some funky memory leak somewhere.

#6 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85: What people have been saying, and I'm quite certain it is the case, is that the game is somehow still in "console mode". It's (under)using the resources of a PC as if it was a console, hence the very low VRAM and CPU use. In fact, for me, it's only using one core at %100 and the three other at ~%24. That's not normal for a game that's supposedly optimized for Quads.

Thanks for the D3D Overrider tip. I'll try it now, because I'm getting a weird screen tearing and a 30 FPS cap with VSYNC and Triple Buffering in DX11. Not in DX9, though it stutters like hell.

#7 Posted by Jackel2072 (2279 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

@csoup said:

I screwed around with my buddy's setup and he was having that weird micro-stutter problem as well. Didn't bother him as much, but I was foaming at the mouth.

I installed D3D overrider, and instead of in-game (just turn them off), I forced triple buffering and v-sync through that. After that I opened his Nvdia control panel and changed the max pre-rendered frames down to 1 instead of 3. This was of course after a good hour or so just going through settings and tweaking crap.

Anyway, the stutter was mostly gone! You still get some loading stutter here and there which is perfectly fine, but that annoying absolutely no reason this should be happening I'm still at 60fps WHAT THE FUCK stuttering seems to have disappeared and I enjoyed watching a good two hours of one smooth running fucking awesome game.

But yeah hopefully the patch fixes some other weird stuff going on. There has to be some funky memory leak somewhere.

that seems like a lot of work lol. i didnt mind the stuttering that much it cleared up after a few secs. the only thing i did was turn off V sync my god its scary how much faster the game loads after disabling that.

#8 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Eerybody gets free DIY augmentations in the mail

#9 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@Jackel2072 said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@thetenthdoctor said:

@csoup said:

that seems like a lot of work lol. i didnt mind the stuttering that much it cleared up after a few secs. the only thing i did was turn off V sync my god its scary how much faster the game loads after disabling that.

You know what seems to have benefitted me substantially? Setting the refresh rate from 60 to 59 Hz in-game. Don't ask me why, but I'm getting much smoother gameplay and better framerate in the areas where it took a slight dip before.

But, well, I guess we're going off-topic here...

#10 Posted by niamahai (1394 posts) -

NEW GAME +
NEW GAME +
NEW GAME +

#11 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@niamahai said:

NEW GAME + NEW GAME + NEW GAME +

New Game -

You have to play the whole game without augs.

#12 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Ravenlight: Hot Damn!
#13 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Anything leak out on this yet, or does my impatient inner 8 year old actually have to wait until 6PM EST?

#14 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@thetenthdoctor: not here, and I'm with you on being impatient.
#15 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

oh right i almost forgot this is happening in less than 2 hours!  i'm only a little excited because often this sort of thing is unnoticeable / irrelevant to me

#16 Posted by The_Nubster (2356 posts) -
@niamahai said:
NEW GAME + NEW GAME + NEW GAME +
Man, I can only hope. I'd love to max out all the possible augs. IMO, any game with character progression, NG+ is a must.
#17 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

Still no news...

#18 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

There is now some sort of code scrolling on the main menu:

okM8-+Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

#19 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Yeah I saw the code too. No idea what it's on about.

#20 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

@BlastoTheSpectre said:

There is now some sort of code scrolling on the main menu:

okM8-+Ds4Dui?IMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.I6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

We need one of those leet speakin' motherfuckers up in here.

#21 Posted by washingmachine (103 posts) -

My dolla's on DLC.

#22 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

@washingmachine: Bit of a lame announcement (countdown)

3...2...1... Were going to do DLC!

¬_¬ Well durr, hopefully its more than just that, even if its DLC but they give us more info about it (price / date / details / ect).

#23 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

what is it????

#24 Edited by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

I also get some sort of code! Well actually it's just a cluster fuck of letters and numbers:

5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j # 

Oh yeah, and it's scrolling side wards at the bottom of the information bar at the main menu. 
#25 Edited by gike987 (1780 posts) -

Looks like the Purity first hack of the Sarif Industries website just changed. You can now change the "Be Human" I don't think you could do that before.

#26 Edited by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Seems like it's some dumb ARG, like an MD5 that needs to be decoded and turned into an audio file or some mess like that.  Goddammit I hate these things- we're not all 12 year olds with nothing better to do than chase a trail of breadcrumbs all over the web, Eidos. 

#27 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

@thetenthdoctor: Hey, people loved it when Valve did it. I guess they're hoping for the same sorta thing.

#28 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

I think the people who loved it are game sites and 12 year olds, not parents with little time to play after the kids go to sleep. I like playing games and will consider DLC if they offer it, but putting hoops to jump through between me and your content makes me instantly not give a shit.

#29 Posted by ImaLizard (72 posts) -
@SPACETURTLE said:

q / x c 

OMG STARCRAFT 2 TIE IN
#30 Posted by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

@thetenthdoctor said:

I think the people who loved it are game sites and 12 year olds, not parents with little time to play after the kids go to sleep. I like playing games and will consider DLC if they offer it, but putting hoops to jump through between me and your content makes me instantly not give a shit.

Yeah they really aren't making you jump through hoops. If this is for DLC, which is likely, then the DLC will release regardless of whether you cared for them trying something different. So stop being bothered, let other people have fun, and consider the content when it eventually released.

-

I for one like these kinds of thing although I never really participate.

#31 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

any news?

#32 Posted by Enigma777 (6059 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

Step 1: Chop off your arm.

#33 Posted by Jeffsekai (7053 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Step 2: ???

#34 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -
@AlexW00d: I hear ya.  I know I don't have to participate, I just get irritated with this stuff.  

"There's new stuff coming- but not until 8,000 people 'Like' us on Facebook or some basement dwellers cobble together the solution to this ridiculous ARG!"

Just announce the damn DLC, seriously. 
#35 Posted by august (3866 posts) -

@thetenthdoctor said:

Yes, because if you personally do not complete this ARG you will not be allowed to buy the DLC. Clearly.

#36 Posted by blitzkriegblizzard (196 posts) -
@SPACETURTLE said:
I also get some sort of code! Well actually it's just a cluster fuck of letters and numbers:

5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j # 

Oh yeah, and it's scrolling side wards at the bottom of the information bar at the main menu. 
I never asked for this.
#37 Posted by TwilitEnd656 (617 posts) -

Could it possibly be the mod tools for the game?

Probably not, but one can hope. They said they didn't have plans, but they themselves admitted it wasn't a straight up "no" on the mod tools.

#38 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

The video on their site is WAY BETTER than any trailer I ever saw before this game came out.

I might've bought it if that was the game, instead of some ultra-badass videogame guy crouchin around havin stupid dopey conversations.

#39 Posted by Brians (1465 posts) -

@I_smell: You're missing out as it is a good game that I liked so much I forgave the utter failure of making a good game that was Invisible War. One of the few games I couldn't finish on easy and didn't want to either.

#40 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Step 2: put the other arm on

#41 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I'd like it if they added the content they cut to keep retailers happy. It's pretty shitty hacking into a room only to find it's empty because I don't have the DLC to see the loot that should be in there.

#42 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I wonder when this whole crazy web of pre-order bonuses thing is gonna calm down. I think it's a fad.

#43 Posted by Jay_Ray (1132 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Step 3: profit

#44 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Jay_Ray said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Yanngc33 said:

Step 3: profit

Step 4: worldwide conspiracy?
#45 Posted by emem (1974 posts) -

@I_smell said:

I wonder when this whole crazy web of pre-order bonuses thing is gonna calm down. I think it's a fad.

Never, I'm afraid. I hate it.

#46 Edited by nemt (858 posts) -

So wait, did anything happen? My power just came back on and I fired up my 360 and the ticker is saying the server is unavailable.

EDIT: A few hours later, same thing.

#47 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -
@nemt: I just checked out the main menu again and no, nothing has happened on that front. The same code is still there. And I'm personally curios as fuck as to what this whole thing is about but I ain't got the brains to figure it out myself. 
#48 Edited by gike987 (1780 posts) -
@SPACETURTLE said:

@nemt: I just checked out the main menu again and no, nothing has happened on that front. The same code is still there. And I'm personally curios as fuck as to what this whole thing is about but I ain't got the brains to figure it out myself. 

The game developers have posted more codes on their twitter.
http://twitter.com/#!/sdastous/status/108539875761995776
http://twitter.com/#!/DavidAnfossi/status/108526784009617408
I was browsing the Deus Ex thread over at Somthing Awful (because they seems to be the most involved in trying to solve this) and someone posted a link to this site which seems pretty legit.
Update: Clicking on the illuminati eye on that site gives you a prompt for username and password.
#49 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -
@gike987: I checked some of the Code on that site and I found this.

Link to a file in WAV format - Click (Seems like some kind of radar or probe, judging from the picture it could be something emitted from a tower)

The other thing I found was a picture.
Looks like those numbers turn out to BELL (13311). I don't know anything about the mentioned ports.

Known Associates: Barrett, hmm....

Kind of Off-Topic: I have to say, I love riddles like this.
#50 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

This is very interesting. Reminds me of the stuff they did in the lead up to Splinter Cell: Conviction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.