Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex- Game Over

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By zanshin

I have been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the last couple of days, and I am really enjoying it.  I am a veteran of the original Deus Ex game, which I really enjoyed, though I don't remember too many details of the game.

This Deus Ex: Human Resistance really appeals to me as it's a blend of Snake Plisken and Blade Runner.  Even some of the music sounds a bit like that from Escape from New York.

So far, I have gotten little accomplished in the game.  I have been exploring the section of the city available to me, hacking everything I find and attempting to avoid trouble, but taking care of business when hostilities ensue.

I found it very interesting that in Deus Ex: Human Resistance, when you are killed, you are given the message game over.  It seem very suitable, because technically you have lost the game, but it doesn't detract from game play it all and really is only a different wording (or lack of) than other games have.

One other thing is I consider this to be a true Role playing game, in that I take the role of the character, other characters talk with me and react to my replies and there are various actions I take which impact how the game plays out.

This is opposed to ROLL  playing games where your character (usually part of a party) stands still while attacking some monster, and numbers appear above your head indicating the level of damage you've done, which has no appeal to me.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By zanshin

I have been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the last couple of days, and I am really enjoying it.  I am a veteran of the original Deus Ex game, which I really enjoyed, though I don't remember too many details of the game.

This Deus Ex: Human Resistance really appeals to me as it's a blend of Snake Plisken and Blade Runner.  Even some of the music sounds a bit like that from Escape from New York.

So far, I have gotten little accomplished in the game.  I have been exploring the section of the city available to me, hacking everything I find and attempting to avoid trouble, but taking care of business when hostilities ensue.

I found it very interesting that in Deus Ex: Human Resistance, when you are killed, you are given the message game over.  It seem very suitable, because technically you have lost the game, but it doesn't detract from game play it all and really is only a different wording (or lack of) than other games have.

One other thing is I consider this to be a true Role playing game, in that I take the role of the character, other characters talk with me and react to my replies and there are various actions I take which impact how the game plays out.

This is opposed to ROLL  playing games where your character (usually part of a party) stands still while attacking some monster, and numbers appear above your head indicating the level of damage you've done, which has no appeal to me.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By probablytuna

I don't know if you've noticed, but it's Human Revolution...

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ds8k

Definitely not Human Resistance.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

What the hell? They made a sequel to Human Revolution already, called Human Resistance??

:D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.