Deus Ex: Giantbomb is embarrassing me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -

They still haven't reviewed Deus Ex, and they are my favorite website. All my friends are bragging about their favorite gaming websites already having reviewed this game, but Jeff is not passionate enough about games anymore, Ryan is not fast enough to finish the game , Brad is not good enough to beat the game and Vinny is probably playing through Deus ex 1 & 2 right now.  

My prediction: Jeff 3 stars - Games are just not great anymore

#2 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1552 posts) -

"All my friends are bragging about their favorite gaming websites already having reviewed this game"

...what?

#3 Posted by Heltom92 (698 posts) -

Dunno if this is serious or not. Giantbomb is different to other sites in that they are pretty small and won't always have time to have a review ready for the launch of the game.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (6293 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
Brad is not good enough to beat the game 
Just need to say: LOL. You've never seen Brad give it his all, have you? He's probably the most skilled staffer.
#5 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

If you choose your favorite gaming websites based on how fast they post reviews so you can boast about it in front of your friends then leave this place and go to IGN.

#6 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4247 posts) -

@Progn0sticator said:

"All my friends are bragging about their favorite gaming websites already having reviewed this game"

...what?

yeah op, your friends are...different

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

After reading all these posts like the OP's and others from yesterday I'm fucking glad I don't write video game reviews for a living. Talk about working for ungrateful brats 24/7.

#8 Posted by huntad (1930 posts) -

Hahaha! I love this thread! I think that'll be the jist of Jeff's review as well.

#9 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Now they're not going to do it just to make you look dumb in front of your friends.

#10 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

They sound like some pretty radical dudes!! But yeah, it cuts to the bone when my totally awesome friends rip on my fav websites!!

#11 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Are you from another planet?

#12 Posted by President_Barackbar (3416 posts) -
#13 Posted by juice8367 (437 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy

@Progn0sticator said:

...what?

yeah op, your friends are...different

#14 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

@OsheaDiesStupid said:

They still haven't reviewed Deus Ex, and they are my favorite website. All my friends are bragging about their favorite gaming websites already having reviewed this game, but Jeff is not passionate enough about games anymore, Ryan is not fast enough to finish the game , Brad is not good enough to beat the game and Vinny is probably playing through Deus ex 1 & 2 right now. My prediction: Jeff 3 stars - Games are just not great anymore

My friends are still bragging about their Bastion reviews. : /

#15 Posted by isbecome (81 posts) -

Seriously, I don't know why Giantbomb feels the need to so thoroughly embarrass me in front of all my friends.

I feel so ashamed when my bros come around taunting me with the hot new reviews of all the freshest titles that get dropped by their gaming website!

#16 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -
#17 Edited by Kibblez (702 posts) -

Jeff said on his Twitter that he was holding off a day to check out the PC version, which is something a lot of other sites haven't taken the time to do.

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -
#19 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

I join my colleagues here and ask to you OP .... WTF??? You don't need that kind of friends , and if you need bragging points look at the earliest youtube video and say you like it.... good to know yours and your friends priorities -_-

#20 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

I pretty much lost all my friends when Jeff rated Catherine the same as Duke Nukem Forever but that's ok that's what conventions are for right? ;_;

#21 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -

Last video review was LA Noire. Cannot believe that even de Duke of N himself did not merit a cheeky video review... 
Deus Ex doesn't have a chance, the next review in video format will probably be Rage, if even that. I would bet on MW3 though. 

Then again, they are kinda "reviewing" everything in the bombcast, but still. I want the giant Bahm to do a professional  video review like fat/skinny Kevin Van Ord, eh?

#22 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -
@Daveyo520 said:
Hah.
#23 Posted by MachoFantastico (4475 posts) -

Oh humanity, for we are all doomed!

#24 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -
Why would Giant Bomb do that? And in front of my friends?
#25 Posted by Daveyo520 (6651 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid: Why do we need video reviews exactly? We have written ones and QLs.
#26 Posted by alternate (2679 posts) -
@ShaggE said:
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
Just need to say: LOL. You've never seen Brad give it his all, have you? He's probably the most skilled staffer.
Jeff seems to own him whenever they go head to head.  Even Norm beats him at starcraft ;-) 

This post is clear sarcasm though.
#27 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -
@Kyle: hee
#28 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

@alternate said:

@ShaggE said:
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
Jeff seems to own him whenever they go head to head. Even Norm beats him at starcraft ;-) This post is clear sarcasm though.

"I've got more pylons in this finger than you've got in your whole body."

~Bradley Shoemaker

#29 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -

ARGHHH! I can already hear it screeching in my ears. Tomorrow Jeff will say something like: 

"I don't think this is such a great game. It introduces mechanics that become repetitive halfway through the story (NB: unlike every other videogame EVER!). I played for several hours then got to a point when I was asked to hack or something and I said: "I don't wanna play Deus Ex anymore" "  

I'll go eat pork now, bye!

#30 Posted by Sign (291 posts) -

It is 0400 and I am tired, so I must be hallucinating. This can't be a real thread, right? Right?!

#31 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
"I don't think this is such a great game. It introduces mechanics that become repetitive halfway through the story (NB: unlike every other videogame EVER!). I played for several hours then got to a point when I was asked to hack or something and I said: "I don't wanna play Deus Ex anymore" "     I'll go eat pork now, bye!
Er, was that last bit left out of the quotation, intentionally?
#32 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -
@iDarktread: that's all me, bro. pork galore in my face right now!
#33 Posted by groin (833 posts) -

The internet allows me to read great troll topics like this. I am going to follow you as well.

#34 Posted by TwoLines (2785 posts) -

What?

#35 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
@iDarktread: that's all me, bro. pork galore in my face right now!
Huh. 

You know, threads like these make no damn sense.
#36 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@groin said:

The internet allows me to read great troll topics like this. I am going to follow you as well.

I don't see why trolling should be encouraged.
#37 Posted by buzz_clik (6892 posts) -
#38 Posted by ShaggE (6293 posts) -
@alternate said:
@ShaggE said:
@OsheaDiesStupid said:
Jeff seems to own him whenever they go head to head.  Even Norm beats him at starcraft ;-)  This post is clear sarcasm though.
To be fair, it's usually a game that Jeff has had time with and Brad hasn't. And Norm's got skills too, no doubt about it. With all that coffee he pounds, his APM is likely through the roof. :P
#39 Posted by ArcLyte (878 posts) -

LOL so true man so true. it becomes more clear every time listening to the bombcast that jeff is not as passionate about games as he once was. i'm still laughing here, funny post.

#40 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

Jeff has said on his Twitter that they will talk a lot about the game in the Bombcast and that both a review and a Quick Look will go up today. And as someone earlier pointed out are they testing both console and PC versions.

#41 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

Video reviews are redundant. Read if you want a review ... quick looks however are excellent. No quick cuts, just commentary and the game.

And if it turns out Jeff doesn't like the game, well so what? He doesn't like a bunch of games I do, but I trust him. Honestly dude, chill.

And look I know Giant Bomb can be embarrassing at times ... I remember once it showed up at my school, like totally in this silk robe and you could see almost everything, and it started yelling "Sweetheart you forgot you lunch!!", and my friends were all like "Giant Bomb? What are you? Some kind of gay?", and I was all like "Giant Bomb, please, don't do this too me, not in front of my friends", but it was already drunk and totally ruined my life!! JUNIOR HIGH SUCKS!

#42 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

All my reviews bring the boys to the yard, and their like, it's better then yours. Damn right it's better then yours, I could teach you but I'd have to charge.

#43 Posted by OsheaDiesStupid (165 posts) -

remember the excitement in his eyes?
#44 Posted by Trace (3543 posts) -

As has been linked in this thread, Jeff has stated that the review will be coming tomorrow, along with a live quick look. I think we can wait a few hours until then, especially given that this thread is going way off its rails.

@Daveyo520 said:

Also, don't do this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.