*SPOILERS GALORE!* You have been warned
The dudes at Eidos Montreal must have played a lot of MGS4. Like a LOT of MGS4. After finishing Human Revolution, I was shocked and pleased at how close it comes to Kojima's darling. Lets take a look at some of the similarities between the two.
- Stealth action gameplay with lots of optional shooting
- Crazy conspiracies about giant computers that control people
- Genetically-engineered protagonists
- Box robots vs Cow robots
- The Illuminati vs The Philosophers
- One-on-one boss battles with cybernetic mercenaries
- Crazy robot appendages vs crazy octo-camo suits
- Weapon upgrade systems
- Computer whiz sidekicks (Otacon vs Pritchard)
Granted, there's till plenty of differences. MGS4 is chock-full of crazy Japanese craziness (final boss fight anyone?), where Deus Ex has more western sensibilities. However both are truly excellent and I hope they inspire even more games in that genre.