Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut No Longer A Wii U Exclusive

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix
    gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope by "overhauled" boss battles it means their getting rid of them entirely since that was the one thing i hated about Deus Ex.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jimmyfenix

@gogosox82: i think they made it so you can use stealth against them!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mrfluke

YES! thank god i held off on playing deus ex, ill be picking this up.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Its really a shame how the Wii u is being shafted by 3rd part developers

Nintendo hasn't really held up their end of the deal so it's hard to feel too bad for them, the amount of games they've put out for the Wii U is pretty sad.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pr1mus

If they offer to upgrade existing copies for cheap or if it's impossible to patch in the new stuff then offer a really low price for people who already own the original and i'll be more than happy to replay this awesome game.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how they'll deliver the content. I'd love the excuse to play Deus Ex 3 again, but unless I can buy a DLC add-on to the Steam copy I've already got (even I don't expect a free thing, this isn't CDPR we're talking about), then I'll be sitting this one out.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@kidavenger: The Wii U has been out for only seven months. How many games should Nintendo have released in that time to appease you?

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder is Bayonetta 2 will have the same fate. Or at least a WiiU timed exclusive.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder is Bayonetta 2 will have the same fate. Or at least a WiiU timed exclusive.

Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo. It's not going anywhere.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

Thank goodness, now they just need to put out Bayonetta 2 for all consoles as well. Those games deserve to reach wider audiences.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Kidavenger

@hailinel said:

@kidavenger: The Wii U has been out for only seven months. How many games should Nintendo have released in that time to appease you?

By my count they've only put out three games

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros. U

and Game & Wario (is this even out yet?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but three games to launch a system is pretty sad, every other major publisher has more games on their system than they do...

Really, if Nintendo wasn't ready with the games, they should have never put a console out, imagine how good the Wii U could have been if they had made it now with the knowledge we all had for the last year of what the PS4 and XB1 were probably going to be.

In the same amount of time Sony put out 10+ games for the Vita and most people seem to think that isn't even enough.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@pulledabrad said:

Nintendo is actually publishing Bayonetta 2, so that's the one that'll (probably) stick.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Nictel

@kidavenger: They mentioned this on the bonus round aw well. That they find the number of first party titles lacking and find this really strange. As if they either don't know what to do with the gamepad themselves or working on some other platform already.

Well this is great news another reason for me not having to buy a wiiu.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That's cool and all but I really don't have the motivation to play through that game again. If I did there's PS Plus.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

By my count they've only put out three games

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros. U

and Game & Wario (is this even out yet?)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but three games to launch a system is pretty sad, every other major publisher has more games on their system than they do...

Really, if Nintendo wasn't ready with the games, they should have never put a console out, imagine how good the Wii U could have been if they had made it now with the knowledge we all had for the last year of what the PS4 and XB1 were probably going to be.

In the same amount of time Sony put out 10+ games for the Vita and most people seem to think that isn't even enough.

And how many of those games were actually well reviewed or considered system sellers?

Nintendo has put a few more titles than that, or have had enough involvement in them. They published Lego City Undercover and Ninja Gaiden 3, and off the top of my head, they also worked Namco and 5th Cell to include Nintendo elements in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited.

No, that's still not many games, but in the grand scheme of things, for a console launch, it really hasn't been that bad. People forget the days of the PS2 when Sony put out...what, Fantavision? And...uh...hold on. Trying to think here...

Anyway, point being that the months following after a console's launch are typically dry in terms of quality titles. A gem might pop up here and there, but it's largely a waiting game for the big guns to start coming down the pipe. Of the first-party games that Microsoft and Sony showed off yesterday, how many of those will actually be available when their consoles launch on day one? How many of them will actually be available within the first half of the year after? How many won't be around until at least the following holiday season? I'm willing to bet that a fair number of those Microsoft and Sony reveals with nebulous "2014" dates mean "sometime between September 1st and December 31st."

And of course, most of the big guns people were clamoring for from Sony and Microsoft aren't even Sony and Microsoft games, and a number of those games are in turn not even exclusives. Sony and Microsoft can't take credit for Final Fantasy XV, or Mirror's Edge 2, or Watch_Dogs, or anything else along those lines. They're checkboxes in the "nice to have" column that neither console can claim as their own. Pair both down to their respective first-party studio offerings and the numbers suddenly aren't astronomical.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#18 jeanluc  Staff

I might actually pick this up. While I enjoyed Human Revolution my frustration with the boss battles kept me from loving it the way some people do.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By musubi

Wow I hope they provide this as an update for the existing game.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Ahahahahaha.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was already coming out for Xbox 360 and Ps3, I'm pretty sure I heard that in a leak or something.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have faith in the WiiU.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.