Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss fights, Are they really That Hard?

• 53 results
#51 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -

Really easy with explosives/rpg/grenade-launcher/etc; but what's good about the boss battles is that you can bring turrets or robots and they will kill the boss, without you firing at least one shot. Or it will be much easier to defeat the boss.

#52 Edited by HistoryInRust (6289 posts) -

@rynbeed said:

Locking Adam in a small room with one dude to fight and the only way out is for you to kill said dude? That goes against everything that the game had trained me to do.

This.

One's capability to beat the boss says nothing about the quality of the boss design itself. There's a certain thesis this game is predicated on: moreso than other games, this game is predicated on player agency and choice of action. When you are deadlocked in a situation with no alternative solution to ramming your head against the boss's billy goat-style, that totally takes away the fun of the rest of the game.

I mean, I can figure out ways to cheese the bosses or whatever. But the fact that I have to cheese them says more than anything.

#53 Posted by DystopiaX (5297 posts) -

The middle 2 (hardest) bosses glitched out for me, so idk. Basically they would get stuck on something or their AI was dumb and would just stand there. THe second boss just spun in circles while I shot her to death, the third boss stood in a far corner and did his slow ranged attack every 5 seconds or so, which was easy to dodge and then keep shooting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.