Deus ex the missing link has a great achievement!

Posted by TheSRank (13 posts) -

Factory Zero is the name of one achievement in Deus ex the missing link, and it rocks! I love getting my achievements but cheevos like this are fantastic because in this case I am not worrying about experience or the best weapons etc. All i'm doing is enjoying the game in its purest form and really getting into the nooks and crannies of what the devolpers made. This achievement forces you to enjoy the game in which your not used too and I couldn't be more thrilled to play it this way!! 

I also made a video for every achievement in the missing link found here: 

http://www.youtube.com/user/7heSRank?feature=mhsn

#1 Posted by TheSRank (13 posts) -

Factory Zero is the name of one achievement in Deus ex the missing link, and it rocks! I love getting my achievements but cheevos like this are fantastic because in this case I am not worrying about experience or the best weapons etc. All i'm doing is enjoying the game in its purest form and really getting into the nooks and crannies of what the devolpers made. This achievement forces you to enjoy the game in which your not used too and I couldn't be more thrilled to play it this way!! 

I also made a video for every achievement in the missing link found here: 

http://www.youtube.com/user/7heSRank?feature=mhsn

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34573 posts) -

Something about this seems...self-advertisey.

#3 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -

Glad you enjoyed the game. I bought the Augmented Edition and still haven't had time to crack the seal on it :(

#4 Posted by BBQBram (2164 posts) -

@IceColdGamer: I'm in a similar position, I was enjoying it, but then Rage and Batman came out.

#5 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

I didn't really like Deus Ex: Human...blah blah. It was alright, but I felt it didn't have much replay value.

#6 Posted by Vestigial_Man (308 posts) -

Don't suppose you could just tell us what the achievement is as opposed to trying to get YouTube views?

#7 Edited by louiedog (2330 posts) -
@Vestigial_Man said:

Don't suppose you could just tell us what the achievement is as opposed to trying to get YouTube views?

To get Factory Zero you have to complete the DLC without using any praxis points (used to upgrade your augmentations/powers for those who haven't played it), fire any guns, or using any explosives.

Shameless self-promoter is shameless. His name, The SRank, makes me think he has familiarity with the site (who else uses that in relation to achievements?) and created this new account to spam his YouTube channel because he knows its wrong.
#8 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -
#9 Edited by Mnemoidian (943 posts) -

Here you go:

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/factory-zero/150637/

Basically, it's the minimalist achievement - don't level up (use any praxis POINTS, I hear - so no powering up of augmentations at all), don't use any weapons (including mines, grenades, etc). Also, he doesn't actually have a video for that achievement.

Only achievement I'm missing... hope to get time to get around to it at some time - but not sure when I'll have time to do a second run, with all these interesting games coming out at the moment :)

edit: also, the first video that shows, part 8, has some serious spoilers of the DLC, right at the start. Viewer beware.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

A suggestion for those playing through the DLC: Don't go for the achievement on your first run if you like to explore everything. There are a lot of places that you can't get to without upgrading your augs and not being able to fully explore drove the completionist in me insane.

#11 Posted by TheSRank (13 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

A suggestion for those playing through the DLC: Don't go for the achievement on your first run if you like to explore everything. There are a lot of places that you can't get to without upgrading your augs and not being able to fully explore drove the completionist in me insane.

I agree 100% it should be the last achievement you go for. enjoy the game dlc first and go for this only if you want the 100% it is pretty quick though if you barrell thru it(which you shouldn't unless you already played thru it)
#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6057 posts) -

Lame.

#13 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

Wait, did you just call an achievement a 'cheevo'? WTF MAN.

#14 Posted by TheSRank (13 posts) -
@CaLe said:
Wait, did you just call an achievement a 'cheevo'? WTF MAN.
lol
#15 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -
@BBQBram Crap. I forgot about RAGE. I've been focusing on Batman too much. Im only 25% done the RAGE story.
#16 Edited by JoeyRavn (4883 posts) -

Got the Achievement on PC. Actually, got all the Achievements on PC in one run. Had to save and restart a section to get one that absolutely requires you to fire a gun, but otherwise, all can be gotten at the same time rather easily.

Also, fuck your YouTube spam, OP.

@IceColdGamer said:

Im only 25% done the RAGE story.

You're, like, 4 hours away from the ending :P

#17 Posted by IceColdGamer (604 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: So I heard :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.